Texas Jurisprudence Exam Study tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kerrydds06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my NERB scores today, I PASSED, now one LAST thing, the TEXAS Jurisprudence exam.

How do you study for it, is there a prep book or sample questions that they put out?

I have the thick manual that is written in some coded "LAW Language".

Any help will be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

kerrydds06 said:
I got my NERB scores today, I PASSED, now one LAST thing, the TEXAS Jurisprudence exam.

How do you study for it, is there a prep book or sample questions that they put out?

I have the thick manual that is written in some coded "LAW Language".

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi there!
Here's hoping you did end up finishing the Juris exam. I am in a similar situation now, and I will appreciate it if you could give me a few tips on taking the Juris exam. The law jargon can give narcolepsy to a perfectly fine individual :)
Thanks in advance! I can also be reached at [email protected]

I am selling a new copy of the texas medical jurisprudence book and the study guide, which was very helpful. My wife and I both passed the exam on the first try with these books. email me if you are interested: [email protected]

I am also interested in it.

would you please give me some advice about texas exam?

thanks

I am selling a new copy of the texas medical jurisprudence book and the study guide, which was very helpful. My wife and I both passed the exam on the first try with these books. email me if you are interested: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to update on this thread. When I was preparing for the jurisprudence exam, I contemplated buying review books and studying beforehand. I was told by a friend that studying would not be needed, and he was right. All the pertinent information is provided during the exam. You read a page of material, and they ask you one question about that passage. If you get the question wrong, they will tell you and ask that you go back and review the material, and you get to answer the question again. You must answer all questions correctly to pass the exam and you can keep trying until you get a perfect score. There's no way to fail the exam. :)

thank you very much four your update

Just to update on this thread. When I was preparing for the jurisprudence exam, I contemplated buying review books and studying beforehand. I was told by a friend that studying would not be needed, and he was right. All the pertinent information is provided during the exam. You read a page of material, and they ask you one question about that passage. If you get the question wrong, they will tell you and ask that you go back and review the material, and you get to answer the question again. You must answer all questions correctly to pass the exam and you can keep trying until you get a perfect score. There's no way to fail the exam. :)

When did you take this exam? Was it in the past 2 years at a Prometric/PearsonVue center? I am applying for a license in Texas and am going to take the exam next month. If I could avoid studying at all that would be excellent, but you seem to be the only commenter who states you do not need to study at all. Can anyone else who took the exam tell me if this was truly the case that you could get an incorrect answer they tell you and then allow you to change your answer? That seems very unorthodox for a multiple choice exam.

When did you take this exam? Was it in the past 2 years at a Prometric/PearsonVue center? I am applying for a license in Texas and am going to take the exam next month. If I could avoid studying at all that would be excellent, but you seem to be the only commenter who states you do not need to study at all. Can anyone else who took the exam tell me if this was truly the case that you could get an incorrect answer they tell you and then allow you to change your answer? That seems very unorthodox for a multiple choice exam.

updates?

I thought the exam changed to an easy online based and pitch till you hit type deal?

I thought the exam changed to an easy online based and pitch till you hit type deal?

Yup. The exam is online. You take it at your own pace. And you have to answer the question correctly before you can proceed to the next one. You need a 100% to pass the exam. Everyone passes and gets a 100%. It would be beneficial for you to still read over the material as you do not want to be sued at a later point in time. Kinda like how everyone should know the ADA code of ethics by heart now. ;)

Uh, yes, you need to study. The information tinman is providing is incorrect. PearsonVue is the only test center authorized this year and you need to score 75% or you will fail and have to try again in a month. Try using "the TX Medical Jurisprudence Examination" self-study guide by McKinney and Winslade (from UTMB). Do the questions a few times and you will pass. Recent first attempt passes by friends using this guide have been 82-96%. About $120. I take the test in 2 weeks and plan to pass.

BTW, just like the steps, if you fail 3 times, go to another state to get your license.

Uh, yes, you need to study. The information tinman is providing is incorrect. PearsonVue is the only test center authorized this year and you need to score 75% or you will fail and have to try again in a month. Try using "the TX Medical Jurisprudence Examination" self-study guide by McKinney and Winslade (from UTMB). Do the questions a few times and you will pass. Recent first attempt passes by friends using this guide have been 82-96%. About $120. I take the test in 2 weeks and plan to pass.

BTW, just like the steps, if you fail 3 times, go to another state to get your license.

You do realize this thread is discussing the DENTAL exam right? Everything I stated is correct for the Texas DENTAL Jurisprudence Exam. You would be correct had this thread been discussing the Medical exam.

Are you freaking telling me there are 2 blatantly different standards for the medical vs dental juriprudence exam?

thats a freaking joke. I'm writing the medical and dental boards to complain about this nonsense.

Are you freaking telling me there are 2 blatantly different standards for the medical vs dental juriprudence exam?

thats a freaking joke. I'm writing the medical and dental boards to complain about this nonsense.

Two different subjects, two different exams to test you on that material. Are you saying that all physicians should be required to possess knowledge on current dental ethics?