This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amy45181

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an international student with F1 visa, studying in one of Texas universities now. I graduated from Texas highschool, too. I saw somewhere(don't know where exactly) that if I went to highschool and university in Texas, I can be considered as a Texas resident. Since it is REALLY hard for international student(w/o greencard) to be accepted to Med school, I wonder if choosing to go to a med school in texas will possibly increase the possibility to get in the med school?

If I am wrong about this, what will be the best way to get a greencard as a student?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same situation as well. I don't think we are considered Texas residents :(

I feel you, it's a hard journey, but hang in there! Wish you luck!

Hi, I am an international student with F1 visa, studying in one of Texas universities now. I graduated from Texas highschool, too. I saw somewhere(don't know where exactly) that if I went to highschool and university in Texas, I can be considered as a Texas resident. Since it is REALLY hard for international student(w/o greencard) to be accepted to Med school, I wonder if choosing to go to a med school in texas will possibly increase the possibility to get in the med school?

If I am wrong about this, what will be the best way to get a greencard as a student?

Thank you

I am in the same situation as well. I don't think we are considered Texas residents :(

I feel you, it's a hard journey, but hang in there! Wish you luck!

https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/residency.html

I feel like option 1 fits you guys...