Texas Medical Schools 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Akat16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well first time I am posting on here. I wanted the advice of my fellow hopefuls. I applied for this cycle to obviously as the title says all of the Texas Medical Schools. I applied early had my stuff in my late July and still haven't heard anything back. Besides being obviously freaked out I am wondering if I should study to retake the MCAT before the transition. I have two degrees ( so I technically did a post bac). Overall GPA 3.6 Post Bac 3.8, MCAT 28 (I know not great), 2000+ hours EC activities, 100+ hours shadowing, 2 years of research. I don't know guys harsh advice time what do you think.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure I have harsh advice for you - your scores are a little low, but it's certainly not time to give up. I have a cgpa of 3.84, sgpa of 3.76, 31 MCAT, applied late (primary transmitted 8/27, last secondary not until 9/21), and only have 1 interview so far. I really don't think it's stats alone going into play here, is my point. Keep your head up and keep going - there's lots of time. If you notice, most of the forums (other than UTHSCSA) are still fairly quiet and are still booking interviews in November. Some of the schools will interview into January. Neither one of us is doomed yet!

I personally think you're fine, though that's just my opinion. It is still early. This question would be better in the WAMC forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, and congrats on the interview clarephillips. Also thanks for the advice make or break I will move it over.

Last edited:
are you a Texas resident? I am applying as an OOS and was worried about the Texas odds as an OOS and my PMAC letter was not sent in until mid Sept. I did get four Texas md/phd interviews, completed one this week, I even declined an invitation to interview at Arizona because it was the same days as one of the Texas ones. I also have been turned down by two schools up north, got the rejection emails this week.

are you a Texas resident? I am applying as an OOS and was worried about the Texas odds as an OOS and my PMAC letter was not sent in until mid Sept. I did get four Texas md/phd interviews, completed one this week, I even declined an invitation to interview at Arizona because it was the same days as one of the Texas ones. I also have been turned down by two schools up north, got the rejection emails this week.
Yes. I'm in state! Congrats on your interviews that's awesome.

First time on SDN.
Concerned about IIs. Only one so far. 31MCAT, 3.6 s&cGPA, Decent EC, Texas IS. Applied late Sept. Secondaries late Oct. Know it was quite late. Too late for IIs?

First time on SDN.
Concerned about IIs. Only one so far. 31MCAT, 3.6 s&cGPA, Decent EC, Texas IS. Applied late Sept. Secondaries late Oct. Know it was quite late. Too late for IIs?