Texas MOT Applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine has not updated to waitlisted. Hopefully that is a good sign. Still hopeful but prepared to reapply if necessary. I graduate this Spring so my GPA will bump up.

Members don't see this ad.

Kt828, your attitude is as inspiring as your journey. Sadly, it is discouraging for someone like me -- also a nontraditional type, but lacking your degree of dedication and genuine passion for the particular profession. I went to a liberal arts college and majored in theatre. This was back when your major was pretty secondary as long as you went to a good school (I graduated in 2006 and am also 29 now). Last year I decided I was through with being poor, and chose to pursue OT out of combination of interest and pragmatism. I finished AP1 and Developmental Psych in time for the application deadline, and I've got Medical Terminology completed now, too. I'm already registered for AP2 and Abnormal Psych for this semester, but I'm not sure what use they will be now. Although I think it sounds like a wonderful profession in which I would be successful, OT has not been my life's devotion, like it has been for you. I'm not willing to gamble away another year and a half of my life to reapply, particularly when my odds are so low. I am open to any programs (in Houston) that require the prereq's I've already taken. If you have any thoughts, please share.

Sully- I first did art school (non-accredited) and studied jewelry fabrication and metalworking. Next I went to a trade school and learned how to perform lab tests to identify gemstones. I worked in the jewelry business for 4 years. So I've gots lots of random skills that are now worthless since I don't want to be in retail anymore. From talking to other people, I think it really does help to have all the prereqs completed before applying. I think TWU is changing to have that as a requirement in the future for new applicants. As far as other programs goes, there are no other MOT programs in Houston. One thing that might be best for you is the OTA path. There would still be great pay, a smorgasbord of job opportunities plus you wouldn't have to wait to reapply but would be able to just get started. Since I quit my job to go back for my undergrad, getting a masters degree was important for me. But I don't know anything about the OTA programs or there requirements since I haven't researched them myself. However, I do know HCC has one, and I think I've heard of others. That may be your best bet if you are adamant about staying in Houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
TWU's WebAdvisor has officially been updated to show whether you were accepted, denied or waitlisted.

When did you hear this? I got a wait list email but my status still says "awaiting department review"

I got a letter in the mail on December 9th for an interview invitation for UTHSCSA.

I got a letter in the mail on December 9th for an interview invitation for UTHSCSA.
I just graduated in December and I haven't been able to send my final transcript till Monday. I wonder if that's a possible reason why I haven't gotten an invite. Did you send in your final transcript?

I just graduated in December and I haven't been able to send my final transcript till Monday. I wonder if that's a possible reason why I haven't gotten an invite. Did you send in your final transcript?
Yes I sent all my transcripts at the time I sent my application because I had completed all the pre-reqs and my degree at that time already.

When did you hear this? I got a wait list email but my status still says "awaiting department review"
From other posts it seems like it was only updated for those of us that were denied admission...oh well, sorry for that misinformation :|

Has anyone created a Facebook page for those of us beginning OT school at Tech this summer?

Yes I sent all my transcripts at the time I sent my application because I had completed all the pre-reqs and my degree at that time already.
I just got off the phone with UTHSCSA and they said they are sending another round of interview invites in a week or so. They also said if we didn't hear from them by the end of January, we mostly likely didn't get an interview.

I also graduated in mid December and I asked if it would be helpful to send my updated official transcript with my degree and they said that it won't make a difference and to just wait and see what happens.

I just got off the phone with UTHSCSA and they said they are sending another round of interview invites in a week or so. They also said if we didn't hear from them by the end of January, we mostly likely didn't get an interview.

I also graduated in mid December and I asked if it would be helpful to send my updated official transcript with my degree and they said that it won't make a difference and to just wait and see what happens.
Oh man... I'm really hoping they invite me! I'm so nervous. Thank you for the information:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, for those of you starting at Tech in May go to Facebook and search TTUHSC MOT Class of 2016. There's a group now.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any of y'all who were accepted/waitlisted to TWU let them know you were not attending if you've decided to attend somewhere else? (Just curious as to when waitlist people may hear news- though I doubt it's before the January 31st deadline). Thanks!

Hey guys, for those of you starting at Tech in May go to Facebook and search TTUHSC MOT Class of 2016. There's a group now.
Hey would you mind sending me the link? When I search for it nothing comes up about the MOT. Thanks:)

Have any of y'all who were accepted/waitlisted to TWU let them know you were not attending if you've decided to attend somewhere else? (Just curious as to when waitlist people may hear news- though I doubt it's before the January 31st deadline). Thanks!
I was accepted to Houston and will be attending Texas Tech instead.

Did anyone apply to the new program at Abilene Christian University?

Can you post the link, please? :) I can't seem to find it.

I was just wondering if anyone that applied to TWU Dallas as their first choice got into TWU Houston instead? I did and I was wondering how many others there were, I am on the wait list for Dallas and am just wondering if anyone else got this circumstance as well.

I was just wondering if anyone that applied to TWU Dallas as their first choice got into TWU Houston instead? I did and I was wondering how many others there were, I am on the wait list for Dallas and am just wondering if anyone else got this circumstance as well.

I marked TWU Dallas as my first choice but was accepted to TWU Houston instead. I did not ask to be placed on the TWU Dallas wait list because honestly I'm just tired of all this waiting! I plan on attending TWU Houston so if you don't end up getting into Dallas maybe I will see you in Houston! Good luck.

I've been accepted at TWU Houston...Is there a facebook page yet? Thanks!

has anyone created a Facebook group for TWU Dallas?

Anyone else going for the interview at UTHSCSA this month? I have already completed this interview process but wanted to get anyone else's feedback on what they thought of the interview!

Anyone accepted to UTMB who is not going? Just trying to get an idea of the wait list availability! Thanks!!

Anyone else going for the interview at UTHSCSA this month? I have already completed this interview process but wanted to get anyone else's feedback on what they thought of the interview!

I have an interview this Friday. I am feeling nervous but staying positive. How did the interview process go? Is it an individual or group interview? Good luck to you!

Hey everyone! I know this group is for 2014 applicants, but I am planning on applying for 2015. I was wondering if I truly have a shot.
Major: Counseling
undergrad gpa: 3.69
Last 60 hours: 3.69
Prerequisite gpa (so far, still have to take A&P 1 and 2 and medical term.): 3.9
For the last two years I have worked in the school system within special education.
I plan to get at least 100 observation hours this summer in various settings, as well as finish up my prerequisites.
My husband has a good job here in the Dallas area so moving would be very difficult.
If I don't get in, I am thinking of going for an OTA program. Is this a good alternative? What do you guys think?

Called UTHSCSA and they said they mailed the last round of interview invites last week and that if you didn't hear back from them, it's pretty safe to assume that we got denied.

I have an interview this Friday. I am feeling nervous but staying positive. How did the interview process go? Is it an individual or group interview? Good luck to you!
The interview process went very well; basic questions and it's a combination of individual and group interviews. Professors were all extremely nice and you have nothing to be worried about. I wish you the best of luck!!

When did you receive your invitation for interview? I have still yet to receive anything from them. I will be in shock if I don't get an interview considering my overall GPA is a 3.93.

When did you receive your invitation for interview? I have still yet to receive anything from them. I will be in shock if I don't get an interview considering my overall GPA is a 3.93.
I got an invite last week on the 7th.

The interview process went very well; basic questions and it's a combination of individual and group interviews. Professors were all extremely nice and you have nothing to be worried about. I wish you the best of luck!!
Thanks for your feedback! Good to know!

Wow! This seems weird to me. Your gpa is amazing!! I didn't get an invite either. I have an overall gpa of 3.7 and over 100 hours of observations. I hoped I would at least get a chance.

Wow! This seems weird to me. Your gpa is amazing!! I didn't get an invite either. I have an overall gpa of 3.7 and over 100 hours of observations. I hoped I would at least get a chance.

I was accepted to UTMB and TWU Houston and have an overall GPA of 3.93 and I never received an interview invite from UTHSCSA either... Maybe we didn't meet a requirement or something?

I was accepted to UTMB and TWU Houston and have an overall GPA of 3.93 and I never received an interview invite from UTHSCSA either... Maybe we didn't meet a requirement or something?
I don't know because I had received an email from them a while back stating that they had everything they needed besides my final transcript. I sent in my final transcript as soon as it was available and haven't heard a thing since.

Good evening, everyone! I just received an interview invite from Texas Tech!! Did anyone else receive one this week? I'm a bit surprised since I applied for early admission (I assumed that I had been denied by now). Would anyone that has been accepted be willing to give me some tips on how the skype interview went (I'd like to go in person, but I live over 500 miles away :eek:)? What questions were asked? I have been waitlisted to two schools and denied by one, so any tips would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!!

I haven't heard a thing from UTHSCSA since I sent my application in a few months ago. I've already made my mind up to go to Texas Tech, but it's strange that I haven't heard a word from them.

Out of curiosity, are there any males planning on attending TWU dallas OT? Nothing against females lol. Just wondering

Hey guys!

I created a Facebook group for those of us planning on going to TWU Houston. The group is called TWU Houston MOT Class of 2016. Can't wait to meet everyone! Let me know if there are any problems finding the group.

Hey guys!

I created a Facebook group for those of us planning on going to TWU Houston. The group is called TWU Houston MOT Class of 2016. Can't wait to meet everyone! Let me know if there are any problems finding the group.
can you post the link? it's not showing up when I search!

Has anyone been accepted to TWU Dallas or Houston from the waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone been (or know someone who has been) accepted to UTMB from the waitlist yet?