Texas pharmacist job market (specifically Dallas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx9999

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just graduated from pharmacy school in NY (class of 2011) and am planning to move to Dallas/Forth Worth area, Texas. Anyone know how the job market is there for chain or mail order pharmacies? I know CVS and Walgreens are saturated there from talking to reps. Walmart says they have float positions available in Fort Worth. Does anyone know anything about Walmart in terms of salary, benefits, etc. Or does anyone know other chains that are hiring in the Dallas/Forth Worth area?? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I just graduated from pharmacy school in NY (class of 2011) and am planning to move to Dallas/Forth Worth area, Texas. Anyone know how the job market is there for chain or mail order pharmacies? I know CVS and Walgreens are saturated there from talking to reps. Walmart says they have float positions available in Fort Worth. Does anyone know anything about Walmart in terms of salary, benefits, etc. Or does anyone know other chains that are hiring in the Dallas/Forth Worth area?? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Good luck. Your best bet is to go a couple hours outside the metroplex. There ain't nothing in Dallas or the surrounding suburbs.

Really? Not even smaller supermarket chains such as Kroger, Safeway, or Albertson's?? Do you know of any mail-order pharmacies that are in that area?

Good luck. Your best bet is to go a couple hours outside the metroplex. There ain't nothing in Dallas or the surrounding suburbs.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's no Safeway in Dallas.

It's called something else.

Really? Not even smaller supermarket chains such as Kroger, Safeway, or Albertson's?? Do you know of any mail-order pharmacies that are in that area?

First off Kroger is not a small supermarket chain. They are the second largest grocery retailer in the nation behind Wal-Mart. Safeway is huge as well but has many problems. Albertsons is small and getting smaller everyday. They just closed another round of stores. The job market in Dallas is extremely tight right now. Like I said your best bet is to go a couple hours outside the metroplex if you want a job.

Reactions: 1 user
First off Kroger is not a small supermarket chain. They are the second largest grocery retailer in the nation behind Wal-Mart. Safeway is huge as well but has many problems. Albertsons is small and getting smaller everyday. They just closed another round of stores. The job market in Dallas is extremely tight right now. Like I said your best bet is to go a couple hours outside the metroplex if you want a job.

Ok, so what's second?

why you gotta be selfish like that? There's plenty of jobs here...I know for a fact that this one particular out of state pharmacist only took 8 months to find a job in Dallas. Better yet, be a good citizen and give up your job to the OP.

Safeway is Tom Thumb in DFW. And yes, job market is pretty saturated and perferences are given to in-state graduated pharmacists with experiences. May wanna try mail order or independent as well...

Safeway is Tom Thumb in DFW. And yes, job market is pretty saturated and perferences are given to in-state graduated pharmacists with experiences. May wanna try mail order or independent as well...
Ditto- I know Prime Therapeutic Mail Order is hiring Pharmacist in Dallas

Are there lot of independent pharmacies in DFW area??