MD & DO Texas Resident - 3.98cGPA, 4.00sGPA, 511 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rtmsf95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
[redacted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good chances for TX. As long as you do well in interviews you should do well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@kryptonxenon

It's called "Mission Arlington" and is located in Arlington. They have a free dental and medical clinic.

Reactions: 1 user
@rtmsf95

To volunteer with Mission Arlington in the medical clinic, did you just sign up for general volunteering and request to be in this area?

@shattob You can literally just show up and say you want to volunteer! They'll then register you. They don't really tell you what to do there...you have to pick things up on your own. So I actually knew a friend or two who were already going and shadowed them a couple of times first. Then I started taking histories and vitals on my own. I'd recommend just tagging along with a resident or fellow volunteer and shadow them a few times. Also, make sure you get there early if you wanna volunteer in triage instead of administration stuff! All the volunteers try to get to the triage rooms, and there are more volunteers than triage rooms, so the rest do administration tasks (not as fun)