Texas Residents! How many interviews invites have you received?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Interview invites?

• Total voters

mnn16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Vote! TMDSAS schools and Baylor only, please.

Members don't see this ad.

Two as of now. Fingers crossed for one more before the end of the cycle. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Crazy that Texas has 9 schools, 8 of which are state schools!

Do you guys think 5 TX interviews is enough with my borderline stats? (27 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, otherwise good app) Or should I be focusing more on OOS DO schools? Though the interviews went well, I'm worried I may get waitlisted at all 5 due to low stats.

Last edited:
Do you guys think 5 TX interviews is enough with my borderline stats? (27 MCAT, 3.7 GPA, otherwise good app) Or should I be focusing more on OOS DO schools? I'm worried I may get waitlisted at all 5 due to low stats.

I think you're fine as long as your interviews were good. A 27 isn't too low in Texas. For UTMB and Texas A and M, the matriculant average MCAT is 30 and for El Paso, it's 28.8.

Applied to 7 (no Baylor or TCOM), 4 interviews from UTSW, UTH, UTMB, and Tech Lubbock. I really wanted to hear back from UTSA but I'm losing some hope.

Anyone think pre-interview updates will help? I am currently attending an SMP with a 4.0 mid-semester and a borderline candidate at best (3.4/3.1 TMDSAS GPA although with 35 MCAT). I have two II's thus far (TCOM and UTHSCSA) and was complete in late august.

I am still sitting at 1 and getting more nervous by the day.

I am still sitting at 1 and getting more nervous by the day.
I feel like things will balance out in the end. I'm at 4 and while I would be 100% thrilled to go to any of mine, I also feel like I won't end up at my last choice, which is likely someone else's only interview that they're aiming for, ya know?

At 4 right now (including Baylor, so three TMDSAS), but just had my first one last week so I'm late in the game for pre-match. Hoping that isn't too damaging! Good luck to everyone!!