Texas Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankees27th

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how exactly the application process works for Texas residents. I know most schools use AADSAS but the Texas schools use TMDSAS. Would we have to apply to the in-state schools through TMDSAS and out-of-state schools through AADSAS? Do out-of-state schools take applications from TMDSAS? I guess if someone could explain it would be really helpful.
Also, would we have to submit things like letters of recommendation and transcripts in to both?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was wondering how exactly the application process works for Texas residents. I know most schools use AADSAS but the Texas schools use TMDSAS. Would we have to apply to the in-state schools through TMDSAS and out-of-state schools through AADSAS?YES
Do out-of-state schools take applications from TMDSAS? NO, you have to submit through two separate application sites.
I guess if someone could explain it would be really helpful.
Also, would we have to submit things like letters of recommendation and transcripts in to both? YES

Hope it helps, good luck!

That's not the answer I wanted but yeah that helps, thanks. Can we use the same personal statement for both?
Also, I don't know if my school UT Austin is the only school that uses this, but for the LORs we use this system called Interfolio. Teachers submit their letters to that and they send the letters to wherever they have to go. Do you know if Interfolio can send to TMDSAS and AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do out-of-state schools take applications from TMDSAS? I guess if someone could explain it would be really helpful.

You wont have the option to send it to anywhere else beside texas med, dental, vet. schools if thats what you want to know. So NO it is not possible to send TMDSAS to outstate schools.

hey,

you will have to use TMDSAS to apply to all 3 dental schools in Texas while you have to use AADSAS to apply to wherever outside of Texas dental schools. just keep in mind that TMDSAS costs only 75 dollars to apply to all 3 schools whereas it cost me 375 to apply to 4 dental schools outside of Texas and I end up getting 2 interviews from in-state whereas I got 0 interviews from out of states (so it's up to you to decide how many schools you'll want to apply out of Texas but Texas residents have higher chance of getting into Texas dental schools since they accept about 98% from instate)

You will need to send out 2 transcripts and 2 different LOR packets (if you're from UT Austin, btw im a longhorn too, you'll need to request HPO Cover Letter and use Interfolio to send out 2 different locations - follow the directions that HPO posted on their website)

You can use pretty much same personal statement for both, but they have different word limit so you might want to edit it a bit to make sure that it fits into AADSAS (last year, they had couple hundred words fewer than TMDSAS word limit).

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask

It is not mandatory to use the system in place at UT Austin. If you want to do the leg work yourself you can print the respective matching forms from each application service and give the form and an envelope to those writting letters and have them sent to TMDSAS and AADSAS separately.