Texas Secondary and Primary Timing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treboss

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the instructions for the Texas primary med application it says, "Secondary applications should be completed as soon as you submit your TMDSAS application." Does this mean they are expecting me to submit all my secondary applications before or the same day I submit my primary application? What if I want to get my primary application going so it's processed as soon as possible? Or what if I want to only submit applications for some Texas schools at first and then later apply to more?

I ask because I haven't started on any of the secondaries but am almost finished with their primary. Do I really have to finish all of their secondaries before I can get my primary going?

In what order did you all fill out the Texas primary and secondary applications?

Members don't see this ad.

Primary application first, and then I did the secondaries immediately after. I would also recommend applying to all Texas schools, it isn't expensive and you may as well (plus the secondaries are either inexpensive or non-existent).

Reactions: 1 user