Texas Southern University C/O 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance letter yesterday! So glad to have an option to stay in town

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody got rejection letters/waitletters, if so were they by mail or email? I interviewed 3/30 but havent heard anything :(

just got mine dated may 2nd. it took a while to get here but its finally here. don't give up and keep your eyes of the prize. congrats for those accepted and good luck for those hoping to get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got mine dated may 2nd. it took a while to get here but its finally here. don't give up and keep your eyes of the prize. congrats for those accepted and good luck for those hoping to get in.

Hi,

I just received my acceptance and the letter says under the Conditional Admissions, we must return the fourth page no later than 3 bussiness days after May 2nd? I didn't receive the physical letter until today and it was post marked the 3rd. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi,

I just received my acceptance and the letter says under the Conditional Admissions, we must return the fourth page no later than 3 bussiness days after May 2nd? I didn't receive the physical letter until today and it was post marked the 3rd. Does anyone else have this problem?

Yea, I received last Friday and I email Ms Davis right away. Shes nice and I am mailing tomorrow:)

Yea, I received last Friday and I email Ms Davis right away. Shes nice and I am mailing tomorrow:)

Thanks, I feel a little better. Guess I can study for my Final tomorrow. Have you finished all the prerequisites?

Thanks, I feel a little better. Guess I can study for my Final tomorrow. Have you finished all the prerequisites?

Hi everyone, I guess we will be classmates for four grueling, exciting years. I hope those of you that are transfer students enjoy TSU as much as I do. Good luck with finishing your studies. :)

Yea, I am coming with a BS Degree and I took the left overs over Fall Semester.

Hi everyone, I guess we will be classmates for four grueling, exciting years. I hope those of you that are transfer students enjoy TSU as much as I do. Good luck with finishing your studies. :)

Hey man, nice to meet you! I am looking for the next 4 years with everyone

Congrats Ace!!!!!!! :thumbup: I got mine too but will be declining. Best of Luck to you in all you do!!!!!!

THANKS!!!!! We will probably see each other in Houston if I finialize TSU!:cool:

I got my acceptance letter last week and I just passed all my classes :) Some one make a facebook group!!!

Also do you guys know what we do during summer academy? Also are we supposed to get a white coat now, or after our first year?

FINALLLYYYY.....it was worth waiting..:) those of u who accepted the offer, do u guys know how are we suppose to send transcripts to ms. davis? can we just bring thhem in a sealed envelop to the office or do they have to be mailed directly by u r school?

Members don't see this ad :)
FINALLLYYYY.....it was worth waiting..:) those of u who accepted the offer, do u guys know how are we suppose to send transcripts to ms. davis? can we just bring thhem in a sealed envelop to the office or do they have to be mailed directly by u r school?

She wants you to mail in your transcripts. I would prefer you give it to her in hand to make sure she has everything. Looking forward to seeing you all in summer academy.

I got my acceptance letter last week and I just passed all my classes :) Some one make a facebook group!!!

Also do you guys know what we do during summer academy? Also are we supposed to get a white coat now, or after our first year?

Hello, paki. In summer academy we will be taking tests and getting a preview of classes we would take in the fall, so can choose to go over the top 300 drugs and a little biochemistry as well as organic to refresh your memory....

YAYY!!! I was also accepted into pharmacy school at TSU. Now the real stress begin. I live in Dallas, TX and I have no idea where, when, and with who do I move to Houston with. Any one else having this problem?? Please lets share this stress and come up with a solution. I have also requested to join the facebook page. Inam, the admin, please accept me!!! Thanks.. The facebook page has everyone who already lives in houston. There has to be someone who is having to move to Houston. Please HELP!!! thanks ;)

Hey mmmskittles.. i have the same problem. I have to finish few classes in the summer in order to complete my admission in to TSU. Did you call mrs. davis and if you did what did she say??

The alternative letters for the waiting list were sent out today. Some students will recieve a letter by saturday and there will be another batch in June. After that denial letters will be sent.

I was wait listed but turned in my transcript and received my acceptance letter in about two days.:thumbup:

drmoore19, When did you receive the waiting list letter? And how you turned in the transcripts that quick. I thought grades were not posted until Friday 20, 2011. I got waiting list letter on Friday, and I just turned back the letter and transcript in today. Hope that something is miracle for me as well.

when did you receive the waiting list letters.. I wonder if the denial letters have been sent as well.

Has anyone heard anything as of yet. I am waitlisted and just waiting.

I am on the waiting list also! When I last spoke to Mrs. Davis regarding an update on status, she said I should hear the week before summer academy starts! So hopefully we will hear something the end of this week or next. *crosses fingers*

I sure hope so. I wonder how many people were waitlisted and how many seats that are open. Has anybody that you know were in the same situation before

Mail man hasn't came by yet hope i see something by the end of the week

I have visited Tis school..it has the easiest requirements... most students are black...but the majority of black pharmacy students are not black American...they are mostly Nigerian...... There are few Asian... . Did not see any white folks. I wonder why Bill Gates gave them ten of millions.
I attended during Fall 2010 semester the HCC pharmacy technician program next door to the TSU pharmacy school. During the fire-drill at the McGovern campus I saw a few white, more than I had expected to see. The are a lot of Asians in TSU pharmacy school. There was hand full of white students. It was more than I expected.

Last edited:
I know I heard quite a few weird stories during my application cycle. This article was posted on August 20, 2010:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7621146

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's a frustrating time for some students dismissed from the college of pharmacy at Texas Southern University. They say it's unfair, and they voiced their concerns at a board meeting on Friday morning.

While Texas Southern University is holding on to its accreditation, it has been ranked the lowest-performing pharmacy program in Texas, according to US News and World Report. Now, the school's administration is kicking students out of the program to bolster their standings and their prestige.

"Our goal is just to get out," pharmacy student Andrea Anderson said. "We want to be pharmacists. That is our dream."

Dozens of TSU pharmacy students shoved their way into a board of regents meeting, demanding improvements to their program and answers about why some of their classmates were kicked out of school based on a new set of guidelines in the student handbook.

One major complaint: the new rules straddled one school year.

"You can't hold one section of the class to a higher standard than the first section of the class," student Fred Walker said. "That's unethical."

Walker is one of 11 students that got an email, telling him he can't return to school this fall because he failed four classes in one semester.

"They didn't take into account the human factor," he said. "Some of us had extenuating circumstances."

The same thing happened to Beatrice Tembo-Jackson, who was banking on her starting salary once she got her degree and passed the licensing exam.

"I'm a mother of eight," she said. "So I have a family to feed, so I probably have to go back to work, pay back my school loans."

In the last school year, TSU's College of Pharmacy adopted more specific guidelines about dismissing students. It used to be students could be kicked out for demonstrating "poor overall performance."

Now, any student who receives less than a "C" in four or more classes in one semester -- or "exceeds time allowed to complete (their) degree" can get their white coat revoked.

"We have raised our expectation for student performance, and there's some tension around that," TSU's College of Pharmacy Dean Barbara Hayes said.

While the dean of the school says the stricter guidelines will make for a better batch of pharmacists, students, even those in good-standing, are left wondering whether better teachers and more organized classes would better prepare them to pass in the first place.

"Before you consider dismissing someone, you have to first look, 'Did we as a college support this student enough to help them succeed?'" student Gwendolyn Burgess said.

TSU's pharmacy school has endured a history of problems. One student told me she had 19 teachers for one class in one semester, none of which showed up for reviews, or class sometimes. She also said she just can't be expected to excel in that environment.

There is also a lawsuit against the school and the dean because of these student dismissals.

Update: I heard from a TSU P1 student that all of these students have been reinstated at students in the pharmacy program. I also heard that there is still some drama going on, it just hadn't made the news.

Does anyone know if there is a new thread for the new application cycle 2012?

Yikes! Thanks for the info. Yeah, I heard that TSU was a self-teaching school and a lot of their pharmacy students do not know much when going on rotations with other students. I also heard they had some trouble because the dean was spending money on things they weren't supposed to.

Self teach school is not totally true. The Houston Community college pharmacy technician is right next door and the pharmacy technician faulty trains all of the P3 pharmacy students from TSU due to the fact that TSU does not have their OWN IV lab.TSU's retail and hospital labs are also in bad shape and need to be replaced.

I can't tell you exactly why people say its not a good school. However, I worked with a former TSU Dean of Pharmacy, and he told me not apply there. He wouldn't elaborate through, but it is possible that he didn't like the administration there. Nevertheless, several people have said the same thing to me.

I heard the same thing also. I know a pharmacist the graduated from there and she told me not to apply either.

I have visited Tis school..it has the easiest requirements... most students are black...but the majority of black pharmacy students are not black American...they are mostly Nigerian...... There are few Asian... . Did not see any white folks. I wonder why Bill Gates gave them ten of millions.
Are you a racist or something? So you had to see white folks to think its a school<you are just plain disgusting.