Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What about financial aid? I've processed TSU on my FAFSA, but how do we apply through TSU for financial aid? I see where you can log in with your student ID to My TSU Web, but because I'm not a TSU student (yet;)) I don't have an ID#....

It took two weeks or so for TSU to notify me by email that I need to mail in a credit balance form in order for them to process my financial aid.

http://em.tsu.edu/financialaid/forms.php

Scroll down to "credit balance form".

You can mail it in now..I guess that would speed up the process..or wait for their email.

Your ID # should be in your acceptance letter from TSU undergrad. Think they sent it by email as well. The ID starts with the letter "T". I can't access mine because I haven't logged in for the past 180 days...so they locked it.. =/

Members don't see this ad.

Hey what financial packet are you referring to?
Did it come with the acceptance letter?
If I havnt gotten one how do I get one?
Thanks in advance!
As long as you complete FAFSA as graduate student to TSU, then go to financial aid department and follow with them, they will process yr app. I got my award offered a little more than 26k for the school year of 2012-2013.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's gotten quiet around here!!

Summer academy information was sent out via email today. :)

Been emailing Ms. Davis about my application. Just sent my 3rd email in a two week time frame. Going to keep at it until I hear back. Hoping for some good luck to come my way.

luckycharms.png

As long as you complete FAFSA as graduate student to TSU, then go to financial aid department and follow with them, they will process yr app. I got my award offered a little more than 26k for the school year of 2012-2013.

I'm hearing a few different things about the fafsa. What did you put for the question asking your grade level in 2012-2013 and what degree you are pursuing? A few people told me to put junior pursuing a professional degree but I'm not sure. Thanks!

The email I received indicates that.
  • Closing/First Year Orientation Programs
Monday - August 3, 2012, 9:00 am-12.00 pm

But, August 3 2012 is actually Friday. Do any of you guys know about this?

Ms. Davis responded to my application info:

The offers of acceptance have been mailed out. Please follow up with me Friday.

I hope this is good news...?

There 3 events and this is one of them plus regular summer academy.

I'm hearing a few different things about the fafsa. What did you put for the question asking your grade level in 2012-2013 and what degree you are pursuing? A few people told me to put junior pursuing a professional degree but I'm not sure. Thanks!

I dont remember exactly what I filled out for this section, but Im sure there is no such thing like junior ... Just graduate or professional degree. Im not at home now, I can look up for u when im home.

Ms. Davis responded to my application info:

The offers of acceptance have been mailed out. Please follow up with me Friday.

I hope this is good news...?
Good luck. Hope you will have good new today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck. Hope you will have good new today.

I just got off the phone with Ms. Davis. She mentioned that they are working on the last batch of acceptance letters and that I should follow up with her next Friday.

images

I just got off the phone with Ms. Davis. She mentioned that they are working on the last batch of acceptance letters and that I should follow up with her next Friday.

images

Cross fingers, wish you the best !

images

good luck!

Got the letter today! It was postmarked June 6.

Hi Guys!!

Me and my roommate are still looking for a third, FEMALE roommate for a 3/3.5 bath townhome that is REALLY close to TSU and TMC (our satelite campus we use for P2 and P3 years). Me and my roommate are current P2s. Besides a place to stay at a decent price, we can offer a wealth of study material, prior exams, and advice that an aid you along your journey through pharmacy school! Feel Free to PM me! I have also posted on the 2016 facebook group if you prefer to contact me through that avenue. Thanks!

why is everybody quite here , Anybody got a rejection letter? some of my freinds got it already.:confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone know when ACTUAL classes begin???

...what's the link to the 2016 Facebook group? I tried searching, but without much success.

So, you received an email about Summer Academy, not an actual letter? When did you receive it? Has everyone else gotten this information? Or any other information that might be helpful? Thanks guys and congrats to those of you who just rec'd your letter!! Good luck to those still waiting =)

why is everybody quite here , Anybody got a rejection letter? some of my freinds got it already.:confused::confused::confused:

As in rejection letter has already been sent out? Waoooo. I know people who are wait listed not rejected.

Anybody from waiting list heard anything? summer accademy is about to start.

Anybody from waiting list heard anything? summer accademy is about to start.

Has anybody heard anything abt the waitlisted, she told me this week, but it is almost over.

Last edited:
Quick question for the people who applied this cycle. I'm applying for TSU this upcoming semester and was wondering if TSU is the only school that interviews/makes their decision so late. I'm a senior at the University of Texas and if not accepted into pharmacy school want to go into the industry of pharmaceutical sales, just worried I'll commit then find out I got into pharm school in the middle of summer.

Quick question for the people who applied this cycle. I'm applying for TSU this upcoming semester and was wondering if TSU is the only school that interviews/makes their decision so late. I'm a senior at the University of Texas and if not accepted into pharmacy school want to go into the industry of pharmaceutical sales, just worried I'll commit then find out I got into pharm school in the middle of summer.

From my personal experience, TSU is the only school which conducts interviews so late. They're also the last to send out acceptances as well. One thing to consider is the strength of your application prior to submission. It's never a bad idea to contact Linda Solis to let her evaluate your stats in order to provide candid feedback.

If your PCAT composite score is above 60 and your gpa, both science and overall are above 3.4, it's SAFE (not guaranteed) to assume you'd get in.

Could I get her email by any chance, I've talked to her numerous times but can't seem to find her email online.

Did anyone get selected from the wait list?

Did anyone get selected from the wait list?

I dont think anybody got in!!!! It was really sad cos most of the last year waitlisted got in. So I thought I will but I guess am out of luck now. Why do you bother....... You are already in Rx1981.

Just curious. It seems like they were really slow this year with acceptances and the creation of a wait list. Keep pushing and good luck!!!! Maybe you should ask for a file review do you'll know what you can do for next year.

Just curious. It seems like they were really slow this year with acceptances and the creation of a wait list. Keep pushing and good luck!!!! Maybe you should ask for a file review do you'll know what you can do for next year.

Well my overall GPA is 3.54 and I did not repeat any classes
My science GPA is 3.4
But my pcat is 37 ........... That is where I think the problem is. Am also thinking of taking probably one more class to push my GPA to 3.6 . Hopefully next yr will be good. It kind of sucks cos I tht I will still get a chance to get in. I have gone to see her, have called her but she kept saying they are not accepting more than 105 this year. So that is why I said am out of luck this yr.

Well my overall GPA is 3.54 and I did not repeat any classes
My science GPA is 3.4
But my pcat is 37 ........... That is where I think the problem is. Am also thinking of taking probably one more class to push my GPA to 3.6 . Hopefully next yr will be good. It kind of sucks cos I tht I will still get a chance to get in. I have gone to see her, have called her but she kept saying they are not accepting more than 105 this year. So that is why I said am out of luck this yr.

Based on your stats...I'd say you're wasting you're time retaking any classes. You're gpa is VERY STRONG. I'd say focus on the PCAT and you'll get in with no problem. My PCAT composite was about 70-72, and I couldn't afford a review course so I bought the PCAT book and studied at home. I'd be more than happy to share my study habits/techniques with you. I scored around a 50 the first time I took it and I went up 20-25 points in 3 months.

Based on your stats...I'd say you're wasting you're time retaking any classes. You're gpa is VERY STRONG. I'd say focus on the PCAT and you'll get in with no problem. My PCAT composite was about 70-72, and I couldn't afford a review course so I bought the PCAT book and studied at home. I'd be more than happy to share my study habits/techniques with you. I scored around a 50 the first time I took it and I went up 20-25 points in 3 months.

Yap..... Go ahead and tell what you studied with and your study technique. Also what PCAT text book, did you use. I got DR Collins from one of my friend now, am using that to study for PCAT now. Do you have any experience in pharmacy.

Yap..... Go ahead and tell what you studied with and your study technique. Also what PCAT text book, did you use. I got DR Collins from one of my friend now, am using that to study for PCAT now. Do you have any experience in pharmacy.

I purchased the Kaplan PCAT book ($30-$35) and I studied about 2 hours each day. I created a calendar with the chapters listed on the calendar and I made sure to do ALL of the practice questions.

I focused on my areas of weakness (Organic and quantitative). In other words, I finished the book from start to finish and completed each practice question. I also reviewed my wrong answer choices and made sure I went back and re-read that particular section. I was an English minor so I didn't practice the essays or reading comprehension.

Remember, the PCAT is an exam where you're graded against your peers. It helps to know this b/c you should focus on the more difficult content that the majority of test takers are missing.

I don't have any pharmacy experience aside from the 2 days of shadowing I did. I actually applied to med school and I needed a "plan b" in the event I didn't get in...pharmacy seemed like a natural pick, given that it uses my science background and the pay isn't that much less than I would've made as a family doc. I got wait listed at 2 med schools but I didn't get in...oh well. I could've spent the year retaking the MCAT, but I'm ready to be done with school so I can start a family. It was a blessing in disguise.

Feel free to ask me anything...I'm a fairly open book.

I purchased the Kaplan PCAT book ($30-$35) and I studied about 2 hours each day. I created a calendar with the chapters listed on the calendar and I made sure to do ALL of the practice questions.

I focused on my areas of weakness (Organic and quantitative). In other words, I finished the book from start to finish and completed each practice question. I also reviewed my wrong answer choices and made sure I went back and re-read that particular section. I was an English minor so I didn't practice the essays or reading comprehension.

Remember, the PCAT is an exam where you're graded against your peers. It helps to know this b/c you should focus on the more difficult content that the majority of test takers are missing.

I don't have any pharmacy experience aside from the 2 days of shadowing I did. I actually applied to med school and I needed a "plan b" in the event I didn't get in...pharmacy seemed like a natural pick, given that it uses my science background and the pay isn't that much less than I would've made as a family doc. I got wait listed at 2 med schools but I didn't get in...oh well. I could've spent the year retaking the MCAT, but I'm ready to be done with school so I can start a family. It was a blessing in disguise.

Feel free to ask me anything...I'm a fairly open book.

Like u, I used the Kaplan book also, I did study it for about 3 months too, I did the practice question, the problem is they don't have enough quantitative info the organic chemistry is not that detailed too. I gt 70 percentile in the chemistry 54 percentile in quant but 19 percentile in English.... There u go....... I don't know how to study for English, but this time I will try to.
Well thanks for everything, I really appreciate it.

Like u, I used the Kaplan book also, I did study it for about 3 months too, I did the practice question, the problem is they don't have enough quantitative info the organic chemistry is not that detailed too. I gt 70 percentile in the chemistry 54 percentile in quant but 19 percentile in English.... There u go....... I don't know how to study for English, but this time I will try to.
Well thanks for everything, I really appreciate it.

For the reading comprehension there's no one way to prepare. One technique I used is called "mapping". Think of a map that you're looking at for directions...it leads you to a place. While you're reading your passages, write down the main idea of each paragraph...by the end of the passage, you have created a "map" that you can use as a guide to answer questions. This is something you should practice over and over again until you can "map" a passage in 3-4 minutes...thus allowing yourself ample time to answer the questions.

Unfortunately, this method is not very useful when doing word analogies. For the analogies, process of elimination should get you down to a 50/50 chance each time.

For the reading comprehension there's no one way to prepare. One technique I used is called "mapping". Think of a map that you're looking at for directions...it leads you to a place. While you're reading your passages, write down the main idea of each paragraph...by the end of the passage, you have created a "map" that you can use as a guide to answer questions. This is something you should practice over and over again until you can "map" a passage in 3-4 minutes...thus allowing yourself ample time to answer the questions.

Unfortunately, this method is not very useful when doing word analogies. For the analogies, process of elimination should get you down to a 50/50 chance each time.

You hv been the best, cos you kept encouraging me not to give up. Well I have good news....... I was just ACCEPTED. I could not believe it myself.
Thanks again

You hv been the best, cos you kept encouraging me not to give up. Well I have good news....... I was just ACCEPTED. I could not believe it myself.
Thanks again

Congrats!!!! At least you didn't have to attend summer academy LOL!!! I was happy to share my study tips with you, but I'm glad you didn't have to use them :).