Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if it was from transfer office then its probably regarding the TSU application and not the pharmacy school application.

That's what I was thinking, too.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. I am starting to get really anxious. I don't know what's taking so long.

Interviews will begin the week of March 19th, according to Ms. Davis. Good luck, y'all. Let's keep each other posted! :)

just got an interview for march 20th!

Hey guys, I also received a call from Ms. Davis regarding the prereqs that I still need to complete and she said interview invites would be going out this week, obviously. Congrats to those who received them! Was it through email? What time today did you get the notice? What was the email address that sent the invite? Did it give you any additional information about the interview/acceptance process?

Also, those who got interviews already... What are your stats? Are you completely finished with all your pre-reqs? Degree? When was your app. officially complete?

Also, those who got interviews already... What are your stats? Are you completely finished with all your pre-reqs? Degree? When was your app. officially complete?

Pcat: 70
Gpa (prerequisite courses): 3.5
Degree: B.S. Biology, M.S. Biomedical Sciences and MPH Health Management & Policy.

I'm actually in the process of finishing prerequisite courses now (I went to a private university that didn't require history and government). I'm also taking calculus ....the calculus I took in undergrad was only 3 hours long.

I received my email from mrs.davis right after lunch today.

My file was considered "complete" around the 2nd week of february.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I also received a call from Ms. Davis regarding the prereqs that I still need to complete and she said interview invites would be going out this week, obviously. Congrats to those who received them! Was it through email? What time today did you get the notice? What was the email address that sent the invite? Did it give you any additional information about the interview/acceptance process?

Yes through email. got it at 2pm. just said to come an hour early bc there's a writing portion.

stats: 3.0 gpa. 80 pcat. all pre reqs for tsu completed. no degree

oh and application submitted november. completed officially (which just means they finally got around to updating the status) mid december

Last edited:
Congratulations, and good luck guys!

Call and ask for Ms. Davis. Or you might want to stop by the school if you are in town. If not, email her again. Im sure she will respond. She is very nice.

Any more interviews? Is this the only week they're sending them out?

Any more interviews? Is this the only week they're sending them out?

I don't believe this is the only week they're going out, but I could be wrong. I was asked to confirm my interview date asap...I assume part of the reason is so TSU knows how many more invites to send out. The best thing to do is email mrs.davis and ask...she's very nice.
What are your stats?

i got my interview on march 21st...am so excited. but i am mostly worried about the writing portion...i wonder what kinds of essay topics they usually ask?

I received an acceptance e-mail from TSU (not the COP) a few days ago.

XSV congrats on you acceptance. are you gonna go there?
i got my interview on 21st. how was the essay portion. what topic were you asked? interview questions?

thanks for ur help

XSV congrats on you acceptance. are you gonna go there?
i got my interview on 21st. how was the essay portion. what topic were you asked? interview questions?

thanks for ur help

He said not the COP (college of pharmacy). Just for the undergraduate application we are required to do. TSUCOP has not done any interviews yet.

He said not the COP (college of pharmacy). Just for the undergraduate application we are required to do. TSUCOP has not done any interviews yet.

lol thanks, didnt see thay..

Got offered an interview here for March 28 but I'm gonna decline since I was accepted to Texas Tech. Good luck to everyone!:luck:

Got an interview for March 27th at 1:40PM. Good luck everyone!

Also received an interview offer for march 27th.... see you guys there.

Whew!! I was sent my invite last night for March 28, 11:00 am.

I want to ask your opinion, though. I received this email at 7pm last night, and yesterday morning I sent Ms. Davis an email asking whether or not the last week (Mar. 4-10) was the last week interview invites were bring sent out and that was the reply I received. Do you guys think this was just a pity invite? I don't want to get my hopes up...

Whew!! I was sent my invite last night for March 28, 11:00 am.

I want to ask your opinion, though. I received this email at 7pm last night, and yesterday morning I sent Ms. Davis an email asking whether or not the last week (Mar. 4-10) was the last week interview invites were bring sent out and that was the reply I received. Do you guys think this was just a pity invite? I don't want to get my hopes up...

I don't think any school would waste their time with a "pity invite" if you get an invite to interview it means they consider you a strong applicant.

Ugh, Ms. Davis contacted me & said that several of my pre-reqs are not adequate for my acceptance into the pharmacy program. However, I read the course descriptions of these classes & I have no idea why. Should I make an appointment with her? Because she said that my GPA, PCAT score, and pharmacy experience would have at least gotten me an interview.

Ugh, Ms. Davis contacted me & said that several of my pre-reqs are not adequate for my acceptance into the pharmacy program. However, I read the course descriptions of these classes & I have no idea why. Should I make an appointment with her? Because she said that my GPA, PCAT score, and pharmacy experience would have at least gotten me an interview.

What did she say you were lacking?

What did she say you were lacking?

Literature (although I took 2 classes entitled "Composition & Literature")
Statistics (I took a Statistics class, but it was from the Psychology department, not Math)
Pre-Calculus (I took Pre-Cal in highschool & Calculus in college)
Political Science 1 & 2
Anatomy & Physiology

So yeah, there are too many outstanding pre-reqs so my application cannot be reviewed further.

im still waiting! checking my emails like crazy!!!
i heard they are doing something different this year from a p2 student

Statistics (I took a Statistics class, but it was from the Psychology department, not Math)
Political Science 1 & 2
Anatomy & Physiology

So yeah, there are too many outstanding pre-reqs so my application cannot be reviewed further.

I was confused about that too. Although I took all the pre req classees, they still said that I am missing certain classess. :confused::confused:

I don't even know why they asked me to take pre-cal again although I have calculus credit..

Does anyone know if Calculus 1 can replace pre-cal credit? I am so confused why I have to take pre cal again...(going back to junior year of high school agin.. :()

Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

I was confused about that too. Although I took all the pre req classees, they still said that I am missing certain classess. :confused::confused:

I don't even know why they asked me to take pre-cal again although I have calculus credit..

Does anyone know if Calculus 1 can replace pre-cal credit? I am so confused why I have to take pre cal again...(going back to junior year of high school agin.. :()

Nope, your Calculus class will not replace the Pre-Cal prerequisite. The only way you would get credit for Pre-Cal is if you took 3 math classes (for example, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, and math-based Statistics).

Political Science 1 & 2
Anatomy & Physiology

yeah you'll have to apply again next semester. but don't be sad. you get to check reapplicant and that makes you look better.

I'm not sure how they gave you an interview if you don't have pre-cal. They don't allow any math/sci courses to be taken during the summer so I would clarify this before even attending the interview. Any math taken higher than Cal 1 will count for pre-cal. they want 3 semesters of math basically. so cal 1, stat, and precal or cal2

yeah you'll have to apply again next semester. but don't be sad. you get to check reapplicant and that makes you look better.

I'm not sure how they gave you an interview if you don't have pre-cal. They don't allow any math/sci courses to be taken during the summer so I would clarify this before even attending the interview. Any math taken higher than Cal 1 will count for pre-cal. they want 3 semesters of math basically. so cal 1, stat, and precal or cal2

I have cal 1 and stat credit.. But I was planning on to take CLEP -pre cal for the credit.. No one knows sure about this.. I talked to the pharmacy student from TSU last week and he said he was exempted from pre cal with his calculus credit.

I am worried this will cause any problem in the future...:(

Does anyone know about this for sure?

I have cal 1 and stat credit.. But I was planning on to take CLEP -pre cal for the credit.. No one knows sure about this.. I talked to the pharmacy student from TSU last week and he said he was exempted from pre cal with his calculus credit.

I am worried this will cause any problem in the future...:(

Does anyone know about this for sure?

Yeah, I had a meeting with Ms. Davis & she said to just take the Pre-Cal CLEP.

I believe that everyone on this forum wants to become a pharmacist. I understand that a Pharm.D. is much more than just a Pharm.D.

TSU may not be the best school when it comes to it's organization with admissions and all but it isn't a bad school of choice. Whether you choose to go here or not, do not base it on what "you heard" or what not. There are people who have families that jump at the opportunity of getting accepted because they need or want to stay in Houston.

Good luck to all the candidates for the 2016 year. Go to your interviews with confidence because out of the thousands of applicants you were chosen for it. Go where ever you must that will make you happy. Whether or not your school of choice accepts you or your alternative choice, know that you are the only person that can pass your board exam. A Pharm.D. candidate from UT, Tech, TSU or wherever all must pass the board to practice. I don't believe being at different schools make anyone better than another.

Good luck to all!

I believe that everyone on this forum wants to become a pharmacist. I understand that a Pharm.D. is much more than just a Pharm.D.

TSU may not be the best school when it comes to it's organization with admissions and all but it isn't a bad school of choice. Whether you choose to go here or not, do not base it on what "you heard" or what not. There are people who have families that jump at the opportunity of getting accepted because they need or want to stay in Houston.

Good luck to all the candidates for the 2016 year. Go to your interviews with confidence because out of the thousands of applicants you were chosen for it. Go where ever you must that will make you happy. Whether or not your school of choice accepts you or your alternative choice, know that you are the only person that can pass your board exam. A Pharm.D. candidate from UT, Tech, TSU or wherever all must pass the board to practice. I don't believe being at different schools make anyone better than another.

Good luck to all!

well said...people seem to think TSU is a bad school and it really isnt. Everyone who graduates with a pharmD, regardless of where u schooled will be doing the same thing. i already have admission to mchps but my first choice is TSU.i got my interview next week and i feel like i have alrready been accepted.

Do we also have to send our transcripts to TSU the school (not the pharmacy school) also? I haven't gotten an interview, could that be the reason why? Also can anyone provide Ms. Davis's email address

Do we also have to send our transcripts to TSU the school (not the pharmacy school) also? I haven't gotten an interview, could that be the reason why? Also can anyone provide Ms. Davis's email address

Yes, you do. You also need to apply to the school separately. The application for that is through Apply Texas and it is $42. Mrs. Davis' email is [email protected]. Good luck!

I don't think that is related to getting an interview. That is just something they require to be done before you start attending.

I've sent in everything and my application is still marked incomplete. Not going to waste my time calling/e-mailing again them to ask what's up. Get your ish together TSU.

Good luck to all!
Well done! :) TSU is my first choice too cuz I want to be here with my family. However, I think I gave up with this school now and am ready to move out of Houston. I got accepted into South College and Lecom. I had an interview with TSU last year, after contacting with Ms. Davis many time, I found out that they didnt accept more students, its done for the admission, but I didnt get any denial letter either. I still didnt know what my status was until now :( ( haizzzz).
I went there in summer and fall 2011 to finish some classes that they require also. I had a talk with Ms. Solis and Davis too. They said based on my strong gpa and kinda low pcat, I still have at least an interview this year... Waiting and waiting and waiting, emailed Ms Davis more than a week ago, no reply.??? They made me lose trust and faith after having done all the things they require with a desire to get accepted.
So, well what else can I say? One word ' dissaponited'

Well done! :) TSU is my first choice too cuz I want to be here with my family. However, I think I gave up with this school now and am ready to move out of Houston. I got accepted into South College and Lecom. I had an interview with TSU last year, after contacting with Ms. Davis many time, I found out that they didnt accept more students, its done for the admission, but I didnt get any denial letter either. I still didnt know what my status was until now :( ( haizzzz).
I went there in summer and fall 2011 to finish some classes that they require also. I had a talk with Ms. Solis and Davis too. They said based on my strong gpa and kinda low pcat, I still have at least an interview this year... Waiting and waiting and waiting, emailed Ms Davis more than a week ago, no reply.??? They made me lose trust and faith after having done all the things they require with a desire to get accepted.
So, well what else can I say? One word ' dissaponited'

TSU dropping the ball once again. You pretty much have to do their work as well, and don't give me the "they are really busy" excuse. It's their job, no excuses. Other schools e-mail/call the applicant to check on their status, and if they don't, they answer your call/e-mail withing 24 hours, if not at that moment you call.

Yeah, TSU isn't that bad at all. :rolleyes:

Good luck to all!

Well said, I'm honestly not sure why anyone who isn't even considering TSU based upon rumors they've heard or the length of time they take to review application and complete the application process is even posting in this forum. As someone who would be beyond thrilled to be offered acceptance to TSU, I feel like those who aren't even serious about their TSU application only wasted time and space that might've been otherwise available to others, like myself, whose first choice is TSU.

Congratulations to those of you that have received interviews or been accepted to your schools of choice. Good luck to everyone else! I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the fall =)