About the ads

Texas Southern University C/O 2016

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by mydream786, Jan 5, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    That's what I was thinking, too.
  2. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

Any updates, guys?
  3. tomasis2cool

tomasis2cool

Pharmacy Student
  4. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

No. I am starting to get really anxious. I don't know what's taking so long.
  5. ttngu234

ttngu234

Pharmacy Student
  6. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

Interviews will begin the week of March 19th, according to Ms. Davis. Good luck, y'all. Let's keep each other posted! :)
  7. ttngu234

ttngu234

Pharmacy Student
    Awesome. Thank you for the update! :)
  8. ah123

ah123

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    just got an interview for march 20th!
  9. kitty7447

kitty7447

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  10. Rx1981

Rx1981

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Same here!! 10:20 am!!
  11. Khloey

Khloey

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey guys, I also received a call from Ms. Davis regarding the prereqs that I still need to complete and she said interview invites would be going out this week, obviously. Congrats to those who received them! Was it through email? What time today did you get the notice? What was the email address that sent the invite? Did it give you any additional information about the interview/acceptance process?
  12. Khloey

Khloey

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Also, those who got interviews already... What are your stats? Are you completely finished with all your pre-reqs? Degree? When was your app. officially complete?
  13. Rx1981

Rx1981

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Pcat: 70
    Gpa (prerequisite courses): 3.5
    Degree: B.S. Biology, M.S. Biomedical Sciences and MPH Health Management & Policy.

I'm actually in the process of finishing prerequisite courses now (I went to a private university that didn't require history and government). I'm also taking calculus ....the calculus I took in undergrad was only 3 hours long.

I received my email from mrs.davis right after lunch today.

My file was considered "complete" around the 2nd week of february.
  14. ah123

ah123

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes through email. got it at 2pm. just said to come an hour early bc there's a writing portion.

stats: 3.0 gpa. 80 pcat. all pre reqs for tsu completed. no degree

oh and application submitted november. completed officially (which just means they finally got around to updating the status) mid december
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  15. ttngu234

ttngu234

Pharmacy Student
    Congratulations, and good luck guys!
  16. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    Call and ask for Ms. Davis. Or you might want to stop by the school if you are in town. If not, email her again. Im sure she will respond. She is very nice.
  17. Khloey

Khloey

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Any more interviews? Is this the only week they're sending them out?
  18. Rx1981

Rx1981

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I don't believe this is the only week they're going out, but I could be wrong. I was asked to confirm my interview date asap...I assume part of the reason is so TSU knows how many more invites to send out. The best thing to do is email mrs.davis and ask...she's very nice.
    What are your stats?
  19. Rx1981

Rx1981

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks and same to you!
  20. ThugMotivation

ThugMotivation 103

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Got an interview invite. Check your emails!
  21. 2015pharmD

2015pharmD

Pharmacy Student
    i got my interview on march 21st...am so excited. but i am mostly worried about the writing portion...i wonder what kinds of essay topics they usually ask?
  22. 2015pharmD

2015pharmD

Pharmacy Student
    XSV congrats on you acceptance. are you gonna go there?
    i got my interview on 21st. how was the essay portion. what topic were you asked? interview questions?

thanks for ur help
  23. ah123

ah123

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    He said not the COP (college of pharmacy). Just for the undergraduate application we are required to do. TSUCOP has not done any interviews yet.
  24. 2015pharmD

2015pharmD

Pharmacy Student
    lol thanks, didnt see thay..
  25. PrePharm18

PrePharm18

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Got offered an interview here for March 28 but I'm gonna decline since I was accepted to Texas Tech. Good luck to everyone!:luck:
  26. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

Got an interview for March 27th at 1:40PM. Good luck everyone!
  27. kitty7447

kitty7447

Also received an interview offer for march 27th.... see you guys there.
  28. Khloey

Khloey

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Whew!! I was sent my invite last night for March 28, 11:00 am.

I want to ask your opinion, though. I received this email at 7pm last night, and yesterday morning I sent Ms. Davis an email asking whether or not the last week (Mar. 4-10) was the last week interview invites were bring sent out and that was the reply I received. Do you guys think this was just a pity invite? I don't want to get my hopes up...
  29. cmsaenz28

cmsaenz28

Pre-Pharmacy
    I don't think any school would waste their time with a "pity invite" if you get an invite to interview it means they consider you a strong applicant.
  30. xNaija

xNaija

Pre-Pharmacy
    Ugh, Ms. Davis contacted me & said that several of my pre-reqs are not adequate for my acceptance into the pharmacy program. However, I read the course descriptions of these classes & I have no idea why. Should I make an appointment with her? Because she said that my GPA, PCAT score, and pharmacy experience would have at least gotten me an interview.
  31. ah123

ah123

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What did she say you were lacking?
  32. xNaija

xNaija

Pre-Pharmacy
    Literature (although I took 2 classes entitled "Composition & Literature")
    Statistics (I took a Statistics class, but it was from the Psychology department, not Math)
    Pre-Calculus (I took Pre-Cal in highschool & Calculus in college)
    Political Science 1 & 2
    Anatomy & Physiology

So yeah, there are too many outstanding pre-reqs so my application cannot be reviewed further.
  33. hjpatel4

hjpatel4

Pre-Pharmacy
    im still waiting! checking my emails like crazy!!!
    i heard they are doing something different this year from a p2 student
  34. kitty7447

kitty7447

I was confused about that too. Although I took all the pre req classees, they still said that I am missing certain classess. :confused::confused:

I don't even know why they asked me to take pre-cal again although I have calculus credit..

Does anyone know if Calculus 1 can replace pre-cal credit? I am so confused why I have to take pre cal again...(going back to junior year of high school agin.. :()
  35. BVT

BVT

Pre-Pharmacy
    Once you have been accepted and chosen the school you will be attending please submit your name and school to the following link, It is an Official Roll Call Thread. Also add any other school(s) you were accepted to. Think this is a great thread, it gives everyone a chance to see who their future classmates might be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419
  36. xNaija

xNaija

Pre-Pharmacy
    Nope, your Calculus class will not replace the Pre-Cal prerequisite. The only way you would get credit for Pre-Cal is if you took 3 math classes (for example, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, and math-based Statistics).
  37. ah123

ah123

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    yeah you'll have to apply again next semester. but don't be sad. you get to check reapplicant and that makes you look better.

I'm not sure how they gave you an interview if you don't have pre-cal. They don't allow any math/sci courses to be taken during the summer so I would clarify this before even attending the interview. Any math taken higher than Cal 1 will count for pre-cal. they want 3 semesters of math basically. so cal 1, stat, and precal or cal2
  38. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

How are they doing things differently?
  39. kitty7447

kitty7447

I have cal 1 and stat credit.. But I was planning on to take CLEP -pre cal for the credit.. No one knows sure about this.. I talked to the pharmacy student from TSU last week and he said he was exempted from pre cal with his calculus credit.

I am worried this will cause any problem in the future...:(

Does anyone know about this for sure?
  40. xNaija

xNaija

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yeah, I had a meeting with Ms. Davis & she said to just take the Pre-Cal CLEP.
  41. PharmGirl68

PharmGirl68

I believe that everyone on this forum wants to become a pharmacist. I understand that a Pharm.D. is much more than just a Pharm.D.

TSU may not be the best school when it comes to it's organization with admissions and all but it isn't a bad school of choice. Whether you choose to go here or not, do not base it on what "you heard" or what not. There are people who have families that jump at the opportunity of getting accepted because they need or want to stay in Houston.

Good luck to all the candidates for the 2016 year. Go to your interviews with confidence because out of the thousands of applicants you were chosen for it. Go where ever you must that will make you happy. Whether or not your school of choice accepts you or your alternative choice, know that you are the only person that can pass your board exam. A Pharm.D. candidate from UT, Tech, TSU or wherever all must pass the board to practice. I don't believe being at different schools make anyone better than another.

Good luck to all!
  42. 2015pharmD

2015pharmD

Pharmacy Student
    well said...people seem to think TSU is a bad school and it really isnt. Everyone who graduates with a pharmD, regardless of where u schooled will be doing the same thing. i already have admission to mchps but my first choice is TSU.i got my interview next week and i feel like i have alrready been accepted.
  43. PharmGirl68

PharmGirl68

Good luck on your interview!
  44. glenny

glenny

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do we also have to send our transcripts to TSU the school (not the pharmacy school) also? I haven't gotten an interview, could that be the reason why? Also can anyone provide Ms. Davis's email address
  45. Junebuglady

Junebuglady

Yes, you do. You also need to apply to the school separately. The application for that is through Apply Texas and it is $42. Mrs. Davis' email is [email protected]. Good luck!
  46. ah123

ah123

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I don't think that is related to getting an interview. That is just something they require to be done before you start attending.
  47. XSV

XSV

Pre-Pharmacy
    I've sent in everything and my application is still marked incomplete. Not going to waste my time calling/e-mailing again them to ask what's up. Get your ish together TSU.
  48. Vietpharm2012

Vietpharm2012

Pre-Pharmacy
    Well done! :) TSU is my first choice too cuz I want to be here with my family. However, I think I gave up with this school now and am ready to move out of Houston. I got accepted into South College and Lecom. I had an interview with TSU last year, after contacting with Ms. Davis many time, I found out that they didnt accept more students, its done for the admission, but I didnt get any denial letter either. I still didnt know what my status was until now :( ( haizzzz).
    I went there in summer and fall 2011 to finish some classes that they require also. I had a talk with Ms. Solis and Davis too. They said based on my strong gpa and kinda low pcat, I still have at least an interview this year... Waiting and waiting and waiting, emailed Ms Davis more than a week ago, no reply.??? They made me lose trust and faith after having done all the things they require with a desire to get accepted.
    So, well what else can I say? One word ' dissaponited'
  49. XSV

XSV

Pre-Pharmacy
    TSU dropping the ball once again. You pretty much have to do their work as well, and don't give me the "they are really busy" excuse. It's their job, no excuses. Other schools e-mail/call the applicant to check on their status, and if they don't, they answer your call/e-mail withing 24 hours, if not at that moment you call.

Yeah, TSU isn't that bad at all. :rolleyes:
  50. Khloey

Khloey

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Well said, I'm honestly not sure why anyone who isn't even considering TSU based upon rumors they've heard or the length of time they take to review application and complete the application process is even posting in this forum. As someone who would be beyond thrilled to be offered acceptance to TSU, I feel like those who aren't even serious about their TSU application only wasted time and space that might've been otherwise available to others, like myself, whose first choice is TSU.

Congratulations to those of you that have received interviews or been accepted to your schools of choice. Good luck to everyone else! I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the fall =)