Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well said, I'm honestly not sure why anyone who isn't even considering TSU based upon rumors they've heard or the length of time they take to review application and complete the application process is even posting in this forum. As someone who would be beyond thrilled to be offered acceptance to TSU, I feel like those who aren't even serious about their TSU application only wasted time and space that might've been otherwise available to others, like myself, whose first choice is TSU.

Congratulations to those of you that have received interviews or been accepted to your schools of choice. Good luck to everyone else! I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the fall =)

No matter what choice this school is for an individual, it does not change the fact that they are disorganized. Honestly, no one cares if they are taking other people's spots because thats what the admissions process is about. A lot of people will get into more than one school, and will accept more than one while they make a decision. This is a bit harsh but i believe instead of worrying about other people taking your position, you should make your application stronger. Professional school admissions are about survival of the fittest not based on loyalty/love for the school. I agree that TSU is the first choice for some, and no one faults them, but for others it is a last resort. Unfortunately, some last resort people will get in before the first choice people but like I said thats how it goes.

Regardless of the choice the schools behavior is unacceptable. The level of difficulty of the admissions process is unacceptable. It is not difficult because the school is too competitive but because they suck at processing. Just like they are busy, I am busy so I have given up on the school since i have been accepted to stronger programs. So I guess people should be happy because thats one less person. TSU admissions process SUCKS regardless of your love for the school.

Members don't see this ad.

I find this really odd...I have submitted everything the school asked for but it still says incomplete application. I already received my letter for being accepted into their undergraduate summer term. I have tried calling today but no one has answered the phone.

I guess I won't get an interview here.

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter what choice this school is for an individual, it does not change the fact that they are disorganized. Honestly, no one cares if they are taking other people's spots because thats what the admissions process is about. A lot of people will get into more than one school, and will accept more than one while they make a decision. This is a bit harsh but i believe instead of worrying about other people taking your position, you should make your application stronger. Professional school admissions are about survival of the fittest not based on loyalty/love for the school. I agree that TSU is the first choice for some, and no one faults them, but for others it is a last resort. Unfortunately, some last resort people will get in before the first choice people but like I said thats how it goes.

Regardless of the choice the schools behavior is unacceptable. The level of difficulty of the admissions process is unacceptable. It is not difficult because the school is too competitive but because they suck at processing. Just like they are busy, I am busy so I have given up on the school since i have been accepted to stronger programs. So I guess people should be happy because thats one less person. TSU admissions process SUCKS regardless of your love for the school.

I didn't mean any disrespect, I just feel like this is a forum meant to help each other throughout this process instead of trash-talking the school and their organization.

And as far as worrying about others taking my position, I can't say I have much concern for myself. I did my best to provide as strong as an application as I could and I'm ready to rock this interview =)

I find this really odd...I have submitted everything the school asked for but it still says incomplete application. I already received my letter for being accepted into their undergraduate summer term. I have tried calling today but no one has answered the phone.

I guess I won't get an interview here.

They are very slow. as long as you turned in everything you should be fine. however, you should definitely call, email, and go there in person to be sure. They are very disorganized and you have to make sure they are doing their job. Took me about a month to get them to update my status to complete and I emailed and went in to talk to Mrs. Davis

Hey guys, my interview is next week and I was wondering how the interviews were for those of you who already had them. Anything would help tremendously, thank you in advance! :)

I have a few friends that have had their interviews this week. I was told that TSU is sending out interview invites systematically by last name. Can anyone who has been called for an interview please tell us what the first letter of your last name is? I know people up to the letter "G" that have been invited for an interview.

i also went in today to see Ms. Davis to ask her about the status of my interview invite.. she was busy with current students being interviewed and was unable to see me. I e-mailed her last week asking the same question, but there was no reply. :(

i also went in today to see Ms. Davis to ask her about the status of my interview invite.. she was busy with current students being interviewed and was unable to see me. I e-mailed her last week asking the same question, but there was no reply. :(

Same here. Sent her 2 emails so far, no reply. That they sent interview by last name was what I heard too. How can they do it fair by that? Im confused. Mine is T .., :(

My last name starts with "N" I don't think they are doing invites based on last name, that is totally unfair.

I received a call from TSU COP earlier this afternoon on my home phone, she asked a few questions in regards to the classes that I am missing from the prerequisites. Afterwards, she mentioned that they will start evaluating my application.

She also said she always start calling by the home number first, so good luck everyone!

My last name starts with a V, I received mine March 12, my interview is the 28th

I really don't think it goes by last name, as proven from the above post!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews are definitely not by last name. My last name starts with R and I received my invite 3-8 and I interviewed 3-21. Mrs. Davis said they will be sending out acceptance letters in the beginning of April.

Interviews are definitely not by last name. My last name starts with R and I received my invite 3-8 and I interviewed 3-21. Mrs. Davis said they will be sending out acceptance letters in the beginning of April.

She said it was in the 1st week of April, right? It's going to be via mail also.

For those who got interview on 21st or sometimes this week, please please share your experience if you don't mind!

So how was your interview ? Please please share your experience if you don't mind! I'm so nervous :(

Declined my interview for April 3.

So what happens after we get accepted, but there are still some classes that I can't finish by spring? (A&P 2 lecture and lab)

So what happens after we get accepted, but there are still some classes that I can't finish by spring? (A&P 2 lecture and lab)

If you cannot finish all of the english, math, science and speech classes by spring 2012 or Maymester then you should not accept the interview. Those classes cannot and will not be accepted if taken in the summer. This is what Mrs. Davis told me because I had a similar situation.

loll i like your signature

:thumbup:

You are not eligible for admission for the fall. All math and science courses must be completed by the end of spring. It's funny how they said I was missing like 5 classes, all of which I have already taken and passed. I don't know what they are doing when they are reviewing the applications.

I received an interview for April 3 but I'll be declining since I recently got accepted to Texas A&M in Kingsville...Im so excited! Anyway, for what its worth, my last name starts with a "B." Mrs Davis also informed me that I still need about THREE courses! Im glad I was accepted elsewhere because I dont think I would be able to complete them by the proper deadlines. I knew I needed one but THREE? Im sure they are correct though. In my hurry to apply, I must have missed them. Good luck to everyone!

has anyone been accepted yet? if so how were you notified?

thanks

:thumbup:

You are not eligible for admission for the fall. All math and science courses must be completed by the end of spring. It's funny how they said I was missing like 5 classes, all of which I have already taken and passed. I don't know what they are doing when they are reviewing the applications.

My situation is exactly the same. And after telling them when I took them, they looked back and said 'oh yes' .. Then I still got the same problem but with different classes missing which then I had to come and talked to them again... Then things still came back ... Lol I dont know if they ever recorded or kept track with what they discussed with students at all? Come on please ... We need help here !

I got my interview invite yesterday, my interview is on 4/4. I've been accepted to University of Maryland Eastern Shore & school starts in July, so am a little worried that TSU won't get back with me early enough with their decision. Anyhow, does anyone know how long the interview is?

Oh, and good luck to all!

I got my interview invite yesterday, my interview is on 4/4. I've been accepted to University of Maryland Eastern Shore & school starts in July, so am a little worried that TSU won't get back with me early enough with their decision. Anyhow, does anyone know how long the interview is?

Oh, and good luck to all!

I dont know if they changed this year. Last year, it took me like an hour. Good luck

It's pretty stupid that they have interviews during the week. Do they not realize we have class?

Any of yall know when will they send the acceptances? And if they mailed out promptly as they stated last year...I just want to get it already!

It's pretty stupid that they have interviews during the week. Do they not realize we have class?

Most pharmacy schools have their interviews during the week. I'm not sure which, if any, pharmacy schools have their interviews on weekends, but it's expected that these interviews occur on a weekday. Your professors should understand the situation and give you time off.

My professors told me 'congrats' and wished me luck. I was responsible for making up any assignments that I missed and getting notes from someone else, but I was able to work around it. So as long as you told your professors as soon as you found out, they should be reasonable and be willing to work with you.

--Garfield3d

university of iowa, university of texas, university of the incarnate word all had saturday interviews and so did many others. Weekend interviews are a little less common than weekdays, but its all the same thing. We may have classes but the admissions people have JOBS, I definately would not want to come in to interview people on the weekends.

university of iowa, university of texas, university of the incarnate word all had saturday interviews and so did many others. Weekend interviews are a little less common than weekdays, but its all the same thing. We may have classes but the admissions people have JOBS, I definately would not want to come in to interview people on the weekends.

LOL! if you mind me asking, why did you walk out of your interview for incarnate word?

Any of yall know when will they send the acceptances? And if they mailed out promptly as they stated last year...I just want to get it already!

Did you have an interview already? Do you mind if I ask what the essay was about?

Most pharmacy schools have their interviews during the week. I'm not sure which, if any, pharmacy schools have their interviews on weekends, but it's expected that these interviews occur on a weekday. Your professors should understand the situation and give you time off.

My professors told me 'congrats' and wished me luck. I was responsible for making up any assignments that I missed and getting notes from someone else, but I was able to work around it. So as long as you told your professors as soon as you found out, they should be reasonable and be willing to work with you.

--Garfield3d

Not all professors are lenient. Most of my interviews have been on Fridays. For the ones I did have on a weekday was during winter break or spring break.

Yeah, I have the same question! Lol

I found out I got into University of Iowa and for some reason when I went to Incarnated word I was a lil irritable. The first thing I saw was that I would have to take classes over the summer, so I walked up to the staff and told them I had no intention on taking any of the classes (because I was not going to) and I would just leave.

Honestly, attending the interview was a big mistake. Seating there I saw all these people excited about potentially getting in and I didnt even want to be there. I felt I was wasting their time and was going to take a spot from someone who actually wanted to attend, so I left.

Last edited:
Well said, I'm honestly not sure why anyone who isn't even considering TSU based upon rumors they've heard or the length of time they take to review application and complete the application process is even posting in this forum. As someone who would be beyond thrilled to be offered acceptance to TSU, I feel like those who aren't even serious about their TSU application only wasted time and space that might've been otherwise available to others, like myself, whose first choice is TSU.

Congratulations to those of you that have received interviews or been accepted to your schools of choice. Good luck to everyone else! I wish you all the best and hope to see you in the fall =)

General consensus here is that a school's ranking does not matter at all. However, the rankings do have some credibility as to the quality of education and faculty that you will receive. Many schools have the same rankings for years with slight fluctuations while schools that do want to improve their education do get higher rankings. Example is Texas A&M Pharmacy that went from #70 to #48 I believe which is the same as UH-Pharmacy now. Not saying that lower ranked schools do not offer an excellent education but in general many students based their application on a school's reputation.

For a pharmacy school that's been here for over 50 years and has been unranked meaning ranked alongside all these new schools popping up, it definitely says something about the quality and organization of this school. Based the comments I've seen for this year and in the past, I would say nothing has changed much.

Hm, I didn't know that about those places. Thanks for the info.

Not all professors are lenient. Most of my interviews have been on Fridays. For the ones I did have on a weekday was during winter break or spring break.

After going through residency interviews (and hearing about job interviews from classmates), all of those visits landed on workdays. There was one place that offered Saturday interviews, but that doesn't seem to particularly common. Going forward, it's something that you should get used to.

--Garfield3d

General consensus here is that a school's ranking does not matter at all. However, the rankings do have some credibility as to the quality of education and faculty that you will receive. Many schools have the same rankings for years with slight fluctuations while schools that do want to improve their education do get higher rankings. Example is Texas A&M Pharmacy that went from #70 to #48 I believe which is the same as UH-Pharmacy now. Not saying that lower ranked schools do not offer an excellent education but in general many students based their application on a school's reputation.

For a pharmacy school that's been here for over 50 years and has been unranked meaning ranked alongside all these new schools popping up, it definitely says something about the quality and organization of this school. Based the comments I've seen for this year and in the past, I would say nothing has changed much.

A&M had a huge jump because those rankings were from 2008. A&M is a new school and it was not fully accredited when it was ranked. But I agree with the school assessment.

not only the worst, but scary too with the neighborhood.
but...I would go to that school if I'm desperatede enough. Face it, if my family
lives in town, I can save on rent, also food, maybe in-state tuition. Meaning,
less debt to pay off later...and after graduation, I can go ANYWHERE I want,
I can try to go to a differrent state where they don't know how bad TSU is...and
establish my life there. Why not?

not only the worst, but scary too with the neighborhood.
but...I would go to that school if I'm desperatede enough. Face it, if my family
lives in town, I can save on rent, also food, maybe in-state tuition. Meaning,
less debt to pay off later...and after graduation, I can go ANYWHERE I want,
I can try to go to a differrent state where they don't know how bad TSU is...and
establish my life there. Why not?

Haha you're funny! Its not that bad! A good pharmacist also depends on that individual tho. And I m working with a lot of good pharmacists who graduated from TSU!

I am working with a lot of terrible TSU graduates as well.

It's absolutely foolish to look down on a Pharm.D from a TSU. They make the same money, earn same initials and have an equal respect in the profession. Yes, they had hard times in the past but now they are sailing well... The graduating class from previous some years had NAPLEX scores beyond 95 percentile. The only reason why others look down on TSU is that they go to a bit more reputed school and obviously, it is one way to express cockiness..

blabla. TSU itself is the reason its looked down upon. The behavior of the staff is unacceptable, contrary to what people believe during an admissions process it is not the students responsibility to walk in to discuss: 1. why does my application still say incomplete even though its been complete for four months. 2. Why do you keep saying I didn't complete classes blatantly stated on my transcript. It makes one question the quality of the education they will receive, Its just plain unprofessional. I know people who graduated from TSU and they themselves tell me and others not to attend. Yes when you graduate you can work but face reality, in the real world there is a salary difference based on where you attain your degree. I know plenty DOPs and they blacklist TSU grads based on the experiences they have. Its not cockiness, if you hear things from students and employers and come to a reasonable conclusion. Yes people want to attend TSU and thats good, no one comes here to laugh at that. If you pay attention to the thread the issues all begin from personal experiences with the school ,the general media and not cockiness. First Impressions matter and unfortunately TSU gives terrible first impressions.

Last edited:
blabla. TSU itself is the reason its looked down upon. The behavior of the staff is unacceptable, contrary to what people believe during an admissions process it is not the students responsibility to walk in to discuss: 1. why does my application still say incomplete even though its been complete for four months. 2. Why do you keep saying I didn't complete classes blatantly stated on my transcript. It makes one question the quality of the education they will receive, Its just plain unprofessional. I know people who graduated from unnyTSU and they themselves tell me and others not to attend. Yes when you graduate you can work but face reality, in the real world there is a salary difference based on where you attain your degree. I know plenty DOPs and they blacklist TSU grads based on the experiences they have. Its not cockiness, if you hear things from students and employers and come to a reasonable conclusion. Yes people want to attend TSU and thats good, no one comes here to laugh at that. If you pay attention to the thread the issues all begin from personal experiences with the school ,the general media and not cockiness. First Impressions matter and unfortunately TSU gives terrible first impressions.

You are very funny, can't believe somone is as naive as you are. You need a wake up call.Just cos it is a black school, does not make it a bad school and the staff are very courteous, well mannered than most white schools have been. You talk as if you are some important person. How many DOP'S or whatever people do you know that have blacklisted TSU. You guys just like to talk. EMPTY DRUM MAKES THE LOUDEST NOISE.