Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What class is medical terminology?

17949979.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I couldnt find it at my school and TSU was saying I was missing that as a prereq

I see. TSU offers the class. They told me that it couldn't be taken in the summer, then they go around and tell other people that it can be taken in the summer. :confused: TSU dropping the ball once again.

I took it this semester online at WCJC. It was a 12 week vocational class. Easy stuff.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7621146

Extenuating circumstances? Yeah, should have thought about that before going into pharmacy school and failing 4 classes in one semester and another for wanting to be in the profession to feed 8 kids.

I worry about the future for these people who will one day graduate, enter the profession, and have extenuating circumstances at work. Not saying all students at TSU are bad but they do not really have high standards. It shows for being the 6th worst performing in Texas and they have been around way longer than Texas Tech and Texas A&M.

When UNTHSC Pharmacy opens up (yeah it sucks), will TSU then be the 7th worst performing pharmacy school in Texas? :scared:

Hey! mothers of eight have to find a way to feed their kids! Take it easy not the mommas.

Hey! mothers of eight have to find a way to feed their kids! Take it easy not the mommas.

Good point. At least she's not mooching off of medicaid and food stamps!

So...what was the interview like for those who have already been interviewed...

Ok, let me say this I KNOW ABOUT TSU'S COPHS FIRSTHAND. THE PROBLEM IS THE POLITICS AMONGST THE SCHOOL. WHAT IS FUNNY IS WHILE SOME PEOPLE ARE BASHING THE SCHOOL HAVE NO MIDEA WHAT IS GOING ON. LET JUST SAY THIS THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT GET INTO UT OR UH APPLY TO TSU AND TSU TAKES THEM GLADY BC THEY HELP BRING MINORITY MONEY TO THE SCHOOL. REMEMBER BEING A HBCU OTHER NATIONALITIES WILL NOW BE THE MINORITIES IN THE PROGRAM. SECOND IT MAY HELP BOOST THE GPA AND GRADUATION RATES BUT FOR THOSE WHOSE EGO'S HAVE BEEN CRUSHED BC THEY HAD TO GO TO TSU TO BECOME A PHARMACIST ,WILL FIND ITS GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE TO GRADUATE FROM THE PROGRAM!

THE REASON THEY INTERVIEW LATE IS SIMPLY BECAUS THEY INTERVIEW BASED ON ETHNICITY FIRST! PLEASE NOTE BLACKS ARE LAST ESPECIALLY BLACK MEN! MORE AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN/ AFRICAN WOMEN AND MEN GET INTO THE PROGRAM VS AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK MALES. THEY CLAIM THAT NOT ENOUGH APPLY OR ARE QUALIFIED IT'S ALL B.S. THE ROUTE OF THE MPROBLEM STEMMED FROM THE FORMER DEAN BARBARA E HAYES! THIS FORMER DEAN WAS VERY CORRUPT AND HER HIIDEN AGENDAS ARE WHAT HAVE HURT THE SCHOOL. THE DEAN FUEDING WITH OTHER PROFESSORS AND USING HER POWER TO GET RID OF ANY MENTORING AND STUDENT FRIENDLY PROFESSORS. RESTRUCTURING THE ADVISORS AND THE CHAIN OF COMMAND TO TARGET STUDENTS SHE DID NOT LIKE AS A PROFESSOR OF TOXICOLGY BEFORE SHE BECAME DEAN. BARBARA E HAYES BECAME DEAQN AT WINTER BREAK WHEN THE STUDENTS OF CLASS 2001 WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SAY IN WHO BECAME THE NEXT DEAN BECAUSE THE SCHOOL BROUGHT IN SEVERAL CANDIDATES ,WHO INTERVIEWED BEFORE THE STUDENTS. HOWEVER, BEFORE A CHOICE COULD BE MADE THE PRESIDENT OF THE SCHOOL PRESCILLA SLADE (YES HER THE ONE WHO HAD TO REPAY THE SCHOOL MONEY FOR HER TAKING SCHOOL FUNDS FOR HER PERSONAL USE), APPOINTED BABRBARA HAYES TO DEANSHIP AND SHE DID NOT EVEN INTERVIEW!
I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS IN THAT CLASS! UNDER HAYES THE RULE BOOKS WERE HIDDEN AND DESTROYED AND SHE AND HER ADMINISTRATION REWROTE THE HANDBOOK SEVERAL TIMES. THE REASON ALL OF HAYES' WRONGS WERE NOT EXPOSED IS BECAUSE SHE WAS CLOSE FRIENDS WITH THE FORMER PROVOST BOBBY WILSON WHO TURNED A DEAF EAR TO ALL THE LAWSUITS, WRITTEN COMPLAINTS, AND STUDENT CALLS FOR ACTION. SINCE, HIS FIRING IT'S BEEN EASIER FOR THE TRUTH TO GET OUT ABOUT THE POLITICS OF THE COPHS TACTICS. FOR OVER 10 YEARS DEAN HAYES WAS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THINGS THAT HAVE HURT THE REP OF THE SCHOOL ANDSCORNED THE STUDENTS TRYING TO GET OUT. DEAN HAYES HID BEHIND THE SCHOOL HANDBOOK SHE REWROTE TWICE. WHY ARE THE ORIGINAL HANDBOOKS FROM 1995-1997 ON MISSING BECAUSE THEY HAD OUTLINES WHICH MADE STUDENTS IN ACADEMIC CRISIS HAVE A CHANCE TO STAY IN SCHOOL. THERE IS SO MUCH I COULD SAY BUT THIS IS THE JIST AND THE TRUTH. THE PROBLEM IS THE ACTING DEAN SHIRLETTE MILTON HAS THE SAME AGENDA AS BARBARA HAYES SINCE SHE WAS HER ASSISANT DEAN!

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ABOUT DR. MILTON SURF THE FORUMS ON SDN AND FOR PAST INTERVIEWS AT TSU OVER THE PAST 3 TO 4 YEARS SEE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT DR. MILTON. STUDENTS CAN'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE THEY WILL GET YOUR NAME AND THEY WILL REATALIATE AGAINST YOU BY MESSING WITH YOUR GRADES, YOUR REPUTATION,OR YOUR ROTATION. THAT IS WHY ONLY GOING TO THE MEDIA DO PEOPLE HAVE A VOICE. NO ONE WANTS TO DO THIS BUT WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR A SEMESTER AWAY FROM GRADUATION AND THEN THEY TRY TO DISMISS YOU FROM THE PHARM D PROGRAM, OR SAY START OVER FROM SCRATCH?

MY JOURNEY IS STILL ON GOING AND I WILL BECOME A PHARMACIST,I AM ALMOST THERE! GOOD LUCK TOO YOU AND HOPES THIS OPENS YOUR MINDS UP ABOUT TSU..........DON'T STEREOTYPE BC THE STUDENTS STILL HAVE TO PASS THE NAPLEX TO BECOME A PHARMACIST. JUST FUNNY THOSE WHO CAN'T GET INTO UT OR UH THROW STONES BUT GLADY GO TO TSU AND TRY AND LIE ABOUT WHERE THEY ATTEND........IT'S IN HOUSTON AND THERE ARE ONLY TWO SCHOOLS IN THIS CITY FOR PHARMACY AND WHATS SO FUNNY IS WE ARE LITERALLY DOWN THE STREET FROM ONE ANOTHER! GOD BLESS!

Ok, let me say this I KNOW ABOUT TSU'S COPHS FIRSTHAND. THE PROBLEM IS THE POLITICS AMONGST THE SCHOOL. WHAT IS FUNNY IS WHILE SOME PEOPLE ARE BASHING THE SCHOOL HAVE NO MIDEA WHAT IS GOING ON. LET JUST SAY THIS THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT GET INTO UT OR UH APPLY TO TSU AND TSU TAKES THEM GLADY BC THEY HELP BRING MINORITY MONEY TO THE SCHOOL. REMEMBER BEING A HBCU OTHER NATIONALITIES WILL NOW BE THE MINORITIES IN THE PROGRAM. SECOND IT MAY HELP BOOST THE GPA AND GRADUATION RATES BUT FOR THOSE WHOSE EGO'S HAVE BEEN CRUSHED BC THEY HAD TO GO TO TSU TO BECOME A PHARMACIST ,WILL FIND ITS GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE TO GRADUATE FROM THE PROGRAM!

THE REASON THEY INTERVIEW LATE IS SIMPLY BECAUS THEY INTERVIEW BASED ON ETHNICITY FIRST! PLEASE NOTE BLACKS ARE LAST ESPECIALLY BLACK MEN! MORE AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN/ AFRICAN WOMEN AND MEN GET INTO THE PROGRAM VS AFRICAN AMERICAN BLACK MALES. THEY CLAIM THAT NOT ENOUGH APPLY OR ARE QUALIFIED IT'S ALL B.S. THE ROUTE OF THE MPROBLEM STEMMED FROM THE FORMER DEAN BARBARA E HAYES! THIS FORMER DEAN WAS VERY CORRUPT AND HER HIIDEN AGENDAS ARE WHAT HAVE HURT THE SCHOOL. THE DEAN FUEDING WITH OTHER PROFESSORS AND USING HER POWER TO GET RID OF ANY MENTORING AND STUDENT FRIENDLY PROFESSORS. RESTRUCTURING THE ADVISORS AND THE CHAIN OF COMMAND TO TARGET STUDENTS SHE DID NOT LIKE AS A PROFESSOR OF TOXICOLGY BEFORE SHE BECAME DEAN. BARBARA E HAYES BECAME DEAQN AT WINTER BREAK WHEN THE STUDENTS OF CLASS 2001 WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SAY IN WHO BECAME THE NEXT DEAN BECAUSE THE SCHOOL BROUGHT IN SEVERAL CANDIDATES ,WHO INTERVIEWED BEFORE THE STUDENTS. HOWEVER, BEFORE A CHOICE COULD BE MADE THE PRESIDENT OF THE SCHOOL PRESCILLA SLADE (YES HER THE ONE WHO HAD TO REPAY THE SCHOOL MONEY FOR HER TAKING SCHOOL FUNDS FOR HER PERSONAL USE), APPOINTED BABRBARA HAYES TO DEANSHIP AND SHE DID NOT EVEN INTERVIEW!
I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS IN THAT CLASS! UNDER HAYES THE RULE BOOKS WERE HIDDEN AND DESTROYED AND SHE AND HER ADMINISTRATION REWROTE THE HANDBOOK SEVERAL TIMES. THE REASON ALL OF HAYES' WRONGS WERE NOT EXPOSED IS BECAUSE SHE WAS CLOSE FRIENDS WITH THE FORMER PROVOST BOBBY WILSON WHO TURNED A DEAF EAR TO ALL THE LAWSUITS, WRITTEN COMPLAINTS, AND STUDENT CALLS FOR ACTION. SINCE, HIS FIRING IT'S BEEN EASIER FOR THE TRUTH TO GET OUT ABOUT THE POLITICS OF THE COPHS TACTICS. FOR OVER 10 YEARS DEAN HAYES WAS ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THINGS THAT HAVE HURT THE REP OF THE SCHOOL ANDSCORNED THE STUDENTS TRYING TO GET OUT. DEAN HAYES HID BEHIND THE SCHOOL HANDBOOK SHE REWROTE TWICE. WHY ARE THE ORIGINAL HANDBOOKS FROM 1995-1997 ON MISSING BECAUSE THEY HAD OUTLINES WHICH MADE STUDENTS IN ACADEMIC CRISIS HAVE A CHANCE TO STAY IN SCHOOL. THERE IS SO MUCH I COULD SAY BUT THIS IS THE JIST AND THE TRUTH. THE PROBLEM IS THE ACTING DEAN SHIRLETTE MILTON HAS THE SAME AGENDA AS BARBARA HAYES SINCE SHE WAS HER ASSISANT DEAN!

IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME ABOUT DR. MILTON SURF THE FORUMS ON SDN AND FOR PAST INTERVIEWS AT TSU OVER THE PAST 3 TO 4 YEARS SEE WHAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT DR. MILTON. STUDENTS CAN'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE THEY WILL GET YOUR NAME AND THEY WILL REATALIATE AGAINST YOU BY MESSING WITH YOUR GRADES, YOUR REPUTATION,OR YOUR ROTATION. THAT IS WHY ONLY GOING TO THE MEDIA DO PEOPLE HAVE A VOICE. NO ONE WANTS TO DO THIS BUT WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOUR A SEMESTER AWAY FROM GRADUATION AND THEN THEY TRY TO DISMISS YOU FROM THE PHARM D PROGRAM, OR SAY START OVER FROM SCRATCH?

MY JOURNEY IS STILL ON GOING AND I WILL BECOME A PHARMACIST,I AM ALMOST THERE! GOOD LUCK TOO YOU AND HOPES THIS OPENS YOUR MINDS UP ABOUT TSU..........DON'T STEREOTYPE BC THE STUDENTS STILL HAVE TO PASS THE NAPLEX TO BECOME A PHARMACIST. JUST FUNNY THOSE WHO CAN'T GET INTO UT OR UH THROW STONES BUT GLADY GO TO TSU AND TRY AND LIE ABOUT WHERE THEY ATTEND........IT'S IN HOUSTON AND THERE ARE ONLY TWO SCHOOLS IN THIS CITY FOR PHARMACY AND WHATS SO FUNNY IS WE ARE LITERALLY DOWN THE STREET FROM ONE ANOTHER! GOD BLESS!
BRTky.jpg

Is this to scare people off or attract them? LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
this scared me lol...i was interviewed by Hayes and a professor

Alright everyone... Letters are supposed to start going out this week! Good luck to you all!

The interview is a way for the committee to get to know you, and the interview panel at TSU is really nice, but be sure to know why you want to become a pharmacist, current pharmacy news, and be unique with your answers make the panel remember who you are, go in with confidence which is KEY and you'll be fine. Best of Luck to you!

I t was meant to inform people of why the school has gone through stuff, over the years. It is a good school academic wise. Those people who hear stuff second hand don't know! I gave you facts bc I was an actual student in the program! After 10 years of Dean Hayes' agenda and politics the interview process and application process got worse! The priority was more money driven and her retaining her power! Control through fear and manipulation! Dean Hayes is extremely intelligent, well spoken, and merciless! Shift through the BS and know the school has it's share of issues but if you get in you will be challenged academically to learn! There are professors who care and want to see students succeed but they won't give it to you, you will earn it!

It is to enlighten them to the truth LOL! It is directed to the people who just post ignorant statements based on heresay. Like you research pharmacy schools, research the problems associated with TSU COPHS. The students have high passing rates on the naplex as far as residencies lets be for real (racism/favortism) still exists!
If you have a student from UT, UH, and TSU who do you think is going to the the residency first? The order would be UT first hands down, UH second, and the final choice TSU bc it is viewed as a BLACK SCHOOL. Many great Pharmacists have come out of TSU!

I don't think think the academic standard of the school has been talked about (bashed)l. The school itself is in question, and even though all students pass the naplex the bad press/reputation washes on the students.

Honestly, tsu is diapponting. Being a hbcu is one thing, bt the bad press the school brings upon itself gives hbcus a bad rep.

Last edited:
Just had my interview today! Good luck to everyone! Has anyone receive news yet? Or does anyone know how long it takes for letters to be sent out?

I had my interview today too!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! I was told letters will go out on Thursday.

I also had my interview today. Ms. Davis said they are sending out the first round of acceptance letters this week, however the top 20% of applicants that were interviewed will receive them first!

Ms. Davis emailed me stating my application will be reviewed. Hope to receive an invite soon.

It is to enlighten them to the truth LOL! It is directed to the people who just post ignorant statements based on heresay. Like you research pharmacy schools, research the problems associated with TSU COPHS. The students have high passing rates on the naplex as far as residencies lets be for real (racism/favortism) still exists!
If you have a student from UT, UH, and TSU who do you think is going to the the residency first? The order would be UT first hands down, UH second, and the final choice TSU bc it is viewed as a BLACK SCHOOL. Many great Pharmacists have come out of TSU!

I agree. It is not the fact that TSU is a historically black school. It is how that program is executed that is the problem. I know of many companies and organizations that do not even want to be associated with TSU-Pharmacy out of fear of negative stigma. They do not want another ABC-news special during prime-time. I am sure many great pharmacists have come out of TSU but the prestige and reputation of the school is definitely shattered.

I also had my interview today. Ms. Davis said they are sending out the first round of acceptance letters this week, however the top 20% of applicants that were interviewed will receive them first!

Thanks for the info! I guess all we can do is wait. I wonder how many people TSU interview and accept.

They said that they would send it in the first week of this month. The administration is so unprofessional, someone please try to call and find out when because they keep postponing the mailing dates!

I called earlier today and they said "some" will be sent out this week. So I am assuming that means either today or tomorrow. Mrs. Davis also said she is busy reviewing apps today...we've gotta be patient guys! :)

I called earlier today and they said "some" will be sent out this week. So I am assuming that means either today or tomorrow. Mrs. Davis also said she is busy reviewing apps today...we've gotta be patient guys! :)

Lol lets hope so . Sooner or later rite?

Yes I spoke to Mrs. Davis as well and the letters should be sent out today, and should be receiving them as early as this Saturday to sometime next week.

So anxious! Anyone know approx. how many were interviewed or how many seats there are?

Also, has anyone heard how many "rounds" of letters they'll be sending?

yikes! so is there anyone here that received an acceptance letter Saturday?
When i went for my interview Ms.Davis said that they have not determined a number that they will accept.. I hope it's more than last year because I know there are more applicants this year!

When i went for my interview Ms.Davis said that they have not determined a number that they will accept.. I hope it's more than last year because I know there are more applicants this year!

Not yet for me. Hopefully sometime next week.:))

No I have not yet, hopefully the letters will come out sometime this week.

If you're not TSU student prior to apply, Anyone got a call for Orientation ?

TSU is the WORST SCHOOL to deal with. I have been contacting them about my status of my application and I FINALLY received a phone call but they contacted my father. I returned the phone call and they had NO IDEA what had happened or who called my father even after I told them my information. The lady who received my phone call was UNPROFESSIONAL and was totally ignorant to the situation and even tried to argue with me for no reason. Anyone who is thinking about applying to this school in the future or considering acceptance here, just don't. You will be spending FOUR years here and the school will definitely not prepare you for a career in the Pharmacy business. I have dealt with plenty of Pharmacy schools at this time and Texas A&M was actually one of the best managed schools I applied to. All-in-all, potential students beware and current or prospective students, I'll be praying for you.

Try calling and ask them if they have at least send the letters. In the interview, they told me that we would get it by 1st week of this month, they've been trolling us for a while! Most schools send decision letters via email but why'd they do this?! smh...

Received an email from Ms. Davis for interview next week :)

I received an interview invitation through email too. I'll be interviewing afternoon on 4/24. I have a couple of concerns though. I have 3 pre-reqs left to take after spring 2012, and one of them is speech, which supposedly has to be completed by the end of spring 2012. Is that going to be a hindrance in my acceptance? Also, I don't know if I can complete 3 pre-reqs by the end of summer I term. Does anybody know how strict TSUCOP is with completing pre-reqs by the specific deadlines? I am very worried I won't get accepted or won't be able to attend because of my remaining pre-reqs.

I received an interview invitation through email too. I'll be interviewing afternoon on 4/24. I have a couple of concerns though. I have 3 pre-reqs left to take after spring 2012, and one of them is speech, which supposedly has to be completed by the end of spring 2012. Is that going to be a hindrance in my acceptance? Also, I don't know if I can complete 3 pre-reqs by the end of summer I term. Does anybody know how strict TSUCOP is with completing pre-reqs by the specific deadlines? I am very worried I won't get accepted or won't be able to attend because of my remaining pre-reqs.

I would discuss this with Mrs. Davis. I had the same problem and she told me that I should not accept the interview if I am unable to fulfill the requirements. All English, Math, Science, and Public Speaking classes must be completed by Spring 2012 and all other classes need to be completed by Summer I. They are fairly strict with those rules so I would call and confirm before going to the interview. Good luck!

Yes they are pretty strict on the pre-requiste requirements. Ms. Davis said if you are unable to complete it by spring 2012 you can take a maymester of those classes (math, science, english, speech) and the rest of your pre-requisites have to be completed by summer 1. If you can take a maymester of speech you should be fine, and if your other courses are non-science they can be completed during summer 1. Hope this helps.