Texas Tech 2012 Application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All of these comparisons are made by using the most relative, ambiguous, and vague terms ever.
What defines a school as being the "best" or "worst" is not the same to every person on here.
Use more specific details to back up why a school may be better or worse than another.

I don't know if this matters at all, but I've worked with a pharmacist who recently graduated from Incarnate Word. She strongly disliked their program because their learning style is very didactic and powerpoint-based. There wasn't enough experiential training and it "wasn't a challenge" for her.

UT may be the "best" according to the rankings, but going to the school doesn't make you a better, more-prepared/qualified pharmacist than if you were to go somewhere like Tech, or U of H...

UT is a good school to go to if you want to go into research or teaching. Most of the students end up doing retail or hospital pharmacy anyway, but UT doesn't provide nearly as much experiential training as Tech or U of H does. Also, UTCOP is in the middle of an undergraduate campus. There are a few hospitals around here (I'm at UT for undergrad...), but they're not close to the pharmacy school so you don't get that connection with other health care professionals like you would with Texas Tech - this is one of the long list of reasons why I am choosing Tech over UT.

U of H has a lot to offer, especially since the P3s and P4s go to school in the largest medical center in the world... You just can't beat that kind of exposure to different avenues of health care professions.
Only drawbacks I can see with U of H is the traffic and the hot/humid weather 300 days out of the year.
Everyone knows about U of H, so it won't be that difficult to get a job in Texas if you go to U of H as opposed to any of the other schools in Texas.

A few reasons why I feel like the pharmacy program at Texas Tech is better than that of UT:
* The curriculum is adjusted and tweaked every year in order to give the students the best, most current education in pharmacy. At UT, they haven't changed their curriculum in years, with the exception of a few programs outside of the classroom that you're required to do (HOMES during the 1st year, and MTM certification in 3rd year) - big deal. MTM certification isn't difficult to get. HOMES is something Tech could easily do, anyway. Besides, (and correct me if I'm wrong) Tech requires the students to do rotations in elderly care; Tech is just as aware of the need for pharmacists in geriatric care as UT's program is.
* The faculty/staff is friendly and they actually care about the student's opinions
* Faculty is more accessible and approachable at Tech, according to general consensus of the student body.
* Tech's pharm school is a health science center, and P1s and P2s are there starting from day one. UT, and U of H? You're on an undergrad campus for your first two years of pharm school. Lame! I don't care what anyone says; having a pharmacy school in the middle of an undergrad campus instead of a health science center is a stupid concept. I understand that money plays a role in this, but with health practice going in the direction that it is, there is no reason for pharmacy to be separated from the other avenues of health care professions, even at the P1 and P2 level.
* More experiential/hands-on training.
* Employers are starting to take a liking to hiring Tech graduates because the past few years have shown that the students are coming out of school more prepared to do any job that is given to us, while most other programs tailor the students for specific jobs in pharmacy.
* Tech's learning facilities are newer, better, and have the most current technology (simulation lab, classrooms, etc.)
* IV preparation - pretty sure no other school in Texas has required their students to take a class in this. IV prep is a huge deal, yet none of the schools have done anything to address this as thoroughly as Tech has.

There are so many more things I love about Tech (Amarillo), but those are the main ones. I see Tech becoming one of the nation's best pharmacy programs in the next decade to be sure, but for now, they're extremely underrated.

So there's that.
Hope I didn't offend anyone with what I wrote. It just got a little frustrating seeing all the chatter about schools with no supporting arguments for the opinions.
Feel free to correct me if I am totally wrong about something I said; these are just my opinions and I can only speak for myself and no one else on here.
I just wanted to correct a few things, and make a comment or two. :)

Firstly, UT did just overhaul their entire curriculum 2 years ago, and with UT Austin building a new medical school on campus, the incoming class of 2017 is going to be training alongside first year medical students starting in their P3 year, in an effort to try and encourage interdisciplinary cooperation and collaboration starting in professional school.

Secondly UT does have a lecture class on IV admixtures and a lab following it. (Current curriculum lists these classes as being in fall of P3 year)

And also, you're only considered an UG student for financial aid purposes in your first two years and only if you have not completed a BS prior to entry. UT has a very large campus and the Pharmacy buildings are very centrally located. But McComb's School of business (Another graduate program, ranked #1 in the nation at that) is also in the main campus, as is the Cockrell School of engineering, and soon to be the aforementioned Medical School. I don't really see why putting a Pharmacy school in the 40 acre main campus is a bad thing. If anything it allows the university to make available more assets and benefits that come with having a large main campus. Like multiple libraries, eateries, gyms, activity centers, etc. Plus, UT PharmD students give immunizations to the UT athletes. Can't do that as easily if your campus is a 2 hour drive from your main campus.

And yeah, UT's Pharmacy buildings are old, very old. But the classrooms are all state of the art, remodeled and outfitted with every bell and whistle out there (Doc cams, projectors, HD TVs flanking the aisles, etc)

Members don't see this ad.

Firstly, UT did just overhaul their entire curriculum 2 years ago, and with UT Austin building a new medical school on campus, the incoming class of 2017 is going to be training alongside first year medical students starting in their P3 year, in an effort to try and encourage interdisciplinary cooperation and collaboration starting in professional school.

Secondly UT does have a lecture class on IV admixtures and a lab following it. (Current curriculum lists these classes as being in fall of P3 year)

And also, you're only considered an UG student for financial aid purposes in your first two years and only if you have not completed a BS prior to entry. UT has a very large campus and the Pharmacy buildings are very centrally located. But McComb's School of business (Another graduate program, ranked #1 in the nation at that) is also in the main campus, as is the Cockrell School of engineering, and soon to be the aforementioned Medical School. I don't really see why putting a Pharmacy school in the 40 acre main campus is a bad thing. If anything it allows the university to make available more assets and benefits that come with having a large main campus. Like multiple libraries, eateries, gyms, activity centers, etc. Plus, UT PharmD students give immunizations to the UT athletes. Can't do that as easily if your campus is a 2 hour drive from your main campus.

And yeah, UT's Pharmacy buildings are old, very old. But the classrooms are all state of the art, remodeled and outfitted with every bell and whistle out there (Doc cams, projectors, HD TVs flanking the aisles, etc)

:thumbup:

Alrighty. All very good points. Thank you for correcting some of those things, because I don't want people to get information that may not be true. I'll go back and edit that here in a bit.

I do want to add, though, that I hiiiiighly doubt the medical school will be up and running by 2015. It requires tearing down Brackenridge Hospital, building a new one, coming up with faculty, designing the curriculum, etc... that is not going to happen in two years, especially since they haven't done anything to begin building the actual medical school. The 2015 deadline is very ambitious, but I sincerely doubt that the class of 2017 will be working with medical school students in their P3 year... Maybe for 2018, but there's no solid guarantee that even that will happen.

Second: my friend, a P2 at Amarillo, is taking IV mixtures currently. I didn't realize UT had IV mixtures in their curriculum, so I was wrong and I apologize for speaking too soon and not doing enough research into that... But I would like to point out that having IV mixtures earlier makes Tech's students better prepared and more marketable for rotations in P3 year.

Third: Business and engineering grad school works in a different way from pharmacy school, so while that is a sound comparison, it doesn't relate to the point that I was trying to make about why pharmacy schools should be in or reasonably close to health science centers (to bridge caps of communication across all fields of health care...). The access to eateries, libraries, and the whole 40 Acres in general is a definite plus, I'll give you that.
On the issue of state of the art equipment, I was really trying to gear that more towards the fact that Tech has the simulation labs and newer equipment in general and not that UT's equipment sucks lol. UT has good facilities, I just think that Tech's are better. I really like the simulation labs and the opportunities and learning experiences made available to Tech's students because of this.

Don't get me wrong, everyone. I love UT - been going here for four years now. I'm just baffled by how the program manages to get so much more credit over a great program like Tech's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed at Amarillo on Feb. 8th heard back yet? Or do you know when they are going to inform us of their decisions?

Has anyone who interviewed at Amarillo on Feb. 8th heard back yet? Or do you know when they are going to inform us of their decisions?

I spoke with Schwettman this afternoon and he was able to tell me my status (I'm in!!). He said an e-mail will go out tomorrow morning (but you know how they run behind schedule with things) and the official hard copy of acceptance will be sent out Monday-Tuesday. Hope this answers your question! I don't know if they're still in the office at this time, but you could try calling..they are always so nice and quick to help!

I spoke with Schwettman this afternoon and he was able to tell me my status (I'm in!!). He said an e-mail will go out tomorrow morning (but you know how they run behind schedule with things) and the official hard copy of acceptance will be sent out Monday-Tuesday. Hope this answers your question! I don't know if they're still in the office at this time, but you could try calling..they are always so nice and quick to help!

Congrats:thumbup:

Thanks Ailee1AJ! I recognize your username.. are you on a WL for UT as well? I'm #12 :cool: IDK my odds at this point with UT since they adopted PharmCAS and had a larger number of people apply. I feel like more people applied because it was easier, not necessarily because it was their #1 school, but I guess I'll find out!

Thanks Ailee1AJ! I recognize your username.. are you on a WL for UT as well? I'm #12 :cool: IDK my odds at this point with UT since they adopted PharmCAS and had a larger number of people apply. I feel like more people applied because it was easier, not necessarily because it was their #1 school, but I guess I'll find out!

Yeah. I was on the waiting list but wanted to withdraw for financial reasons. For some reason they still qualify me as an out-state resident and I saw the out-state tuition costs and... :eek: I emailed them about it, but haven't heard back since last week.

Congrats again on getting into TT and best wishes on getting into UT too :luck:

Yeah. I was on the waiting list but wanted to withdraw for financial reasons. For some reason they still qualify me as an out-state resident and I saw the out-state tuition costs and... :eek: I emailed them about it, but haven't heard back since last week.

Congrats again on getting into TT and best wishes on getting into UT too :luck:

Thanks!! Where all have you been accepted and where is your number one school? If you don't mind me asking, what was your spot on UT's WL?

Thanks!! Where all have you been accepted and where is your number one school? If you don't mind me asking, what was your spot on UT's WL?

Check your inbox. I rather remain anonymous on this forum as much as I can. :D

If you get the video it means you are accepted right? i cant watch it at work

Just received the special greeting email yay!:banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted too! Can any of you help me decide between UT & Tech? I'm really torn about this. I guess to me, rankings don't really matter too much. However, the location of UT makes it really appealing to me, whereas Tech's isn't. That being said, the information we received at the Tech interview truly blew me away, positively. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Accepted too! Can any of you help me decide between UT & Tech? I'm really torn about this. I guess to me, rankings don't really matter too much. However, the location of UT makes it really appealing to me, whereas Tech's isn't. That being said, the information we received at the Tech interview truly blew me away, positively. Is anyone else in the same boat?
I am. My interview at Tech is honestly the best out of all the ones I had. I'm from Houston and just paid the $400 deposit to UH earlier this week. But now I really want to attend Tech, especially after reading pharm170's post, lol.:p

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just got accepted! :soexcited::highfive::biglove::D:hardy:

I almost gave my hubby a heart attack when I started screaming at 1 in the morning. It was a good thing I checked my email on my phone before I went to bed. I received my email at 9:49 PM. OMG Idk if I can sleep now.

Accepted! Woohoo!

Congrats!

Just received the special greeting email yay!:banana:

Congrats!

Congrats!

Accepted!

Congrats!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I just got accepted! :soexcited::highfive::biglove::D:hardy:

I almost gave my hubby a heart attack when I started screaming at 1 in the morning. It was a good thing I checked my email on my phone before I went to bed. I received my email at 9:49 PM. OMG Idk if I can sleep now.

Congrats!

Dont forget to join the two official facebook groups! One is for just 2017 students. and the other one (with the beaker icon) is a group for P1s and current students to answer questions!)!

1. official group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/294038034031523/

2. second group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/472321892825464/

All of these comparisons are made by using the most relative, ambiguous, and vague terms ever.
What defines a school as being the "best" or "worst" is not the same to every person on here.
Use more specific details to back up why a school may be better or worse than another.

I don't know if this matters at all, but I've worked with a pharmacist who recently graduated from Incarnate Word. She strongly disliked their program because their learning style is very didactic and powerpoint-based. There wasn't enough experiential training and it "wasn't a challenge" for her.

UT may be the "best" according to the rankings, but going to the school doesn't make you a better, more-prepared/qualified pharmacist than if you were to go somewhere like Tech, or U of H...

UT is a good school to go to if you want to go into research or teaching. Most of the students end up doing retail or hospital pharmacy anyway, but UT doesn't provide nearly as much experiential training as Tech or U of H does. Also, UTCOP is in the middle of an undergraduate campus. There are a few hospitals around here (I'm at UT for undergrad...), but they're not close to the pharmacy school so you don't get that connection with other health care professionals like you would with Texas Tech - this is one of the long list of reasons why I am choosing Tech over UT.

U of H has a lot to offer, especially since the P3s and P4s go to school in the largest medical center in the world... You just can't beat that kind of exposure to different avenues of health care professions.
Only drawbacks I can see with U of H is the traffic and the hot/humid weather 300 days out of the year.
Everyone knows about U of H, so it won't be that difficult to get a job in Texas if you go to U of H as opposed to any of the other schools in Texas.

A few reasons why I feel like the pharmacy program at Texas Tech is better than that of UT:
* The curriculum is adjusted and tweaked every year in order to give the students the best, most current education in pharmacy. Although UT changed their curriculum two years ago, I don't feel like they have managed to offer enough courses and course requirements to completely address futures issues in pharmacy within the realms of health care.
* The faculty/staff is friendly and they actually care about the student's opinions
* Faculty is more accessible and approachable at Tech, according to general consensus of the student body.
* Tech's pharm school is a health science center, and P1s and P2s are there starting from day one. UT, and U of H? You're on an undergrad campus for your first two years of pharm school. Lame! I don't care what anyone says; having a pharmacy school in the middle of an undergrad campus instead of a health science center is an outdated concept. I understand that money plays a role in this, but with health practice going in the direction that it is, there is no reason for pharmacy to be separated from the other avenues of health care professions, even at the P1 and P2 level.
* More experiential/hands-on training.
* Employers are starting to take a liking to hiring Tech graduates because the past few years have shown that the students are coming out of school more prepared to do any job that is given to us, while most other programs tailor the students for specific jobs in pharmacy.
* Tech's learning facilities are newer, better, and have the most current technology (simulation lab, classrooms, etc.)
* IV preparation - offered to P2 students at Tech; offered to P3 students at UT...
IV prep is a huge deal, yet none of the schools have done much to address this as thoroughly as Tech has.

There are so many more things I love about Tech (Amarillo), but those are the main ones. I see Tech becoming one of the nation's best pharmacy programs in the next decade to be sure, but for now, they're extremely underrated.

So there's that.
Hope I didn't offend anyone with what I wrote. It just got a little frustrating seeing all the chatter about schools with no supporting arguments for the opinions.
Feel free to correct me if I am totally wrong about something I said; these are just my opinions and I can only speak for myself and no one else on here.

Thank you for all this! I was really torn between Tech and OU, but I feel like this helped me make my decision. :)

I got my acceptance video!!!:soexcited: To anyone else that got it. Was your's sent by Mike Schwettmann? and does that mean your accepted to the Amarillo campus?

I got my acceptance video!!!:soexcited: To anyone else that got it. Was your's sent by Mike Schwettmann? and does that mean your accepted to the Amarillo campus?

No, I'm going to Abilene but I got same thing schwettmann.

I don't think it means anything about the campuses at this point. I think they just wanted a quick way to congratulate us over the weekend. My TTUHSC Merlin status hasn't changed. It still says, "Invited for an interview". I think more information will likely be there on Monday or Tuesday and in the information they send us.

Oh ok that's what I was thinking.
And if anyone wants to know anything about Abilene I've lived and gone to school here for the last 4 years.

I don't currently have one, but there are a lot of different pharmacies to work for here.

Waitlisted.... Looks like im going outta state

Don't give up on Tech yet! I'm sure not everybody offered a seat at TT will eventually go there (you can count one from me :D. I love that school, but well, I love all the schools I've had interviews with. Sorry if I sound greedy :laugh: )

Don't give up on Tech yet! I'm sure not everybody offered a seat at TT will eventually go there (you can count one from me :D. I love that school, but well, I love all the schools I've had interviews with. Sorry if I sound greedy :laugh: )

lol. you got in and aren't going? where do you plan on going then? :confused: the 2/2 program is very luring. and when they went over all the good things about tech which i dont remember because that p3 room was so hot and their interview is the longest in america. i remember stats being shot out over the video conference but who could pay attention to a lecture after lunch? i would have rather just had it on paper so you could review it yourself when youre weighing out pros/cons with other schools.

I really hope Texas Tech reviews the applicants from the February 22nd interview this week! I'm getting anxious lol I have other interviews coming up but if I get in I'll probably cancel them.

Happy to have gotten in, but now I am wondering about where I would want to stay for P3 and P4 years (rotations). I was planning on doing them in Dallas, but in my interview, the student and the professor (who is actually a dean at the school) both said that students have long (as much as 2 hours) commutes there since the traffic is so bad. They recommended Amarillo/Lubbock. But... I'm just not accustomed to that type of weather (cold, windy) so I don't know what to do. Also, I am more used to living in big cities so moving to Dallas after two years in Amarillo would be nice. Any thoughts?

Happy to have gotten in, but now I am wondering about where I would want to stay for P3 and P4 years (rotations). I was planning on doing them in Dallas, but in my interview, the student and the professor (who is actually a dean at the school) both said that students have long (as much as 2 hours) commutes there since the traffic is so bad. They recommended Amarillo/Lubbock. But... I'm just not accustomed to that type of weather (cold, windy) so I don't know what to do. Also, I am more used to living in big cities so moving to Dallas after two years in Amarillo would be nice. Any thoughts?

For me, it doesn't matter. We're gonna get slammed by book work and classes anyways. Whats a little cold and windy weather? Dallas has a higher cost of living. not willing to make such long commutes. I heard Lubbock had very strong community pharmacy practice sites. I will be in Lubbock my last 2 years. I've lived in small towns all my life, so I want a change in environment. You never know what the town is like unless you try it.

if you're just going to let the weather deter you instead of looking at the curriculum.... lol

lol. you got in and aren't going? where do you plan on going then? :confused: the 2/2 program is very luring. and when they went over all the good things about tech which i dont remember because that p3 room was so hot and their interview is the longest in america. i remember stats being shot out over the video conference but who could pay attention to a lecture after lunch? i would have rather just had it on paper so you could review it yourself when youre weighing out pros/cons with other schools.

I probably won't go to Tech cuz my parents prefer a shorter ride to Austin or Houston instead of a flight to Tech. Maybe you think it's a silly reason, but if your family fund your edu, it's fair that they have a saying, no? In fact, they have a strong one :D

Last edited:
I probably won't go to Tech cuz my parents prefer a shorter ride to Austin or Houston instead of a flight to Tech. Maybe you think it's a silly reason, but if your family fund your edu, it's fair that they have a saying, no? In fact, they have a strong one :D

Your parents fun your edu? no loans? Damn yall must be rich. Do you have a car made of gold?

id rather take out loans than let me parents decide where I go, that;s a little pathetic. Tell em it's none of their business.

Your parents fun your edu? no loans? Damn yall must be rich. Do you have a car made of gold?

id rather take out loans than let me parents decide where I go, that;s a little pathetic. Tell em it's none of their business.

Awe.. there's nothing wrong with letting your parents pay for your education! It's good that you're letting them have a say in where you choose to go since they're funding it, but you should go to a school that you feel is best for you, too. As long as you're happy with your choice, I see nothing pathetic about the situation.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone who got accepted from the 2/1 2/8 interviews found out their locations for the P1/P2 and P3/P4 years? When do they plan on sending those out? I was told they'd be sent out either yesterday or today, but I haven't received anything about it and my Merlin status hasn't changed a bit...

It really isn't pathetic. He should go where he can to minimize his loans. If geting my education funded by my parents is an option then shoot I'd do the samething.

wow, what's an attitude! :D Well, if you think it is pathetic and you'd prefer the loan shark to bite at you, that's fine, lol. No my parents are not rich, but we do money-pool, and my parents are the center link :D. It means once I've got a job, it's my responsibility to help back,if not parents, then it'll be my brothers sisters, my nieces and nephews, my cousins' children, or other relatives :). That's how a strong family tie works. I understand individualism and your point of view, but it is not the thing for me :laugh:

Beside I appreciate their inputs. After all, if you are down, they'll be there for you. Same thing you can come to them if they need you, more than any money can bring. I guess you wouldn't understand :D. That's fine. We are all different, and it makes the society more interesting, isn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------
"Do you have a car made of gold?"
No, but we have hearts made of gold <- yup we're in trouble! :D

wow, what's an attitude! :D Well, if you think it is pathetic and you'd prefer the loan shark to bite at you, that's fine, lol. No my parents are not rich, but we do money-pool, and my parents are the center link :D. It means once I've got a job, it's my responsibility to help back,if not parents, then it'll be my brothers sisters, my nieces and nephews, my cousins' children, or other relatives :). That's how a strong family tie works. I understand individualism and your point of view, but it is not the thing for me :laugh:

Beside I appreciate their inputs. After all, if you are down, they'll be there for you. Same thing you can come to them if they need you, more than any money can bring. I guess you wouldn't understand :D. That's fine. We are all different, and it makes the society more interesting, isn't it?

You are very blessed! May your good fortune grow so you are able to help others in the way which you have also been aided and then some. Good luck!

Oh ok that's what I was thinking.
And if anyone wants to know anything about Abilene I've lived and gone to school here for the last 4 years.

How is it there? Never been there but I am leaning more towards Abilene than Amarillo since its closer to home. How is the quality of life/entertainment/people/weather/etc? Thanks in advance!

If you've lived in a big city before the commute will be nothing new to you. It has never taken me 2 hours to get to any site. Hell, I can drive home to austin in 2 1/2 - 3 hrs if I speed. The only rotation I can see where you'd have to drive >1hr is on your rural rotation and Tech actually owns apts in some of the small towns so you don't have to make the 1 1/2 hour drive. The furthest I've had to drive was to Fort Worth, but only because I really wanted one of the rotations there. Otherwise, everything else is usually in 20-40 minute range. Of course this depends on where you live. I'm in central Dallas near uptown and I don't think traffic is that bad. It pales in comparison to the 10-15 minute drives in Amarillo, but while I enjoyed my time there, 2 years was enough and I'm glad I went to Dallas afterwards. You can also request to change where you go your last two years after P1 year if you have a change of heart. If the trend is the same when I was a P1, it's a lot easier to change out of Dallas to Lubbock or Amarillo then it is the other way around.

How is it there? Never been there but I am leaning more towards Abilene than Amarillo since its closer to home. How is the quality of life/entertainment/people/weather/etc? Thanks in advance!

I grew up in a tiny town northeast of Dallas , so it's big to me. It's about 115,000 people but its spaced out so it seems a little smaller. People here for the most part are very friendly and are good people. Weather isn't bad it's typical texas weather except a little more windy. Only 3 hours from Dallas(depending how fast you drive closer to 2 :naughty:). Not the most exciting place in the world but you can find stuff to do. There's some good country bands that come through the country bars/dance halls often if you like that. Living costs are pretty low. Lots of good restaurants. Abilene does have some of the worst drivers I've ever seen though hahaha. It also doesn't have the prettiest scenery , but I'd much rather be here than way up in the flat treeless panhandle in Amarillo.

I know this may have already been answered but I was wondering what the key differences of the amarillo and abilene campuses are? (other than location) I am reconsidering my option but I wanted to know for sure.

I know this may have already been answered but I was wondering what the key differences of the amarillo and abilene campuses are? (other than location) I am reconsidering my option but I wanted to know for sure.

AMA= like 140 students
ALIB= 40 students

I'm wondering this too; specifically, is there any difference in the percentage of lectures that each campus receives live as opposed to via videoconference?

Oh my! People really do this?

Sent from my Galaxy S 3 using SDN Mobile

Has anyone received the subsequent email with further information regarding acceptance? Or perhaps a letter through the mail from Mr. Schwettmann? Thanks.

If you get accepted, you should receive and email first and then a few days later a letter through the mail. You will have to do a few things specified in the letter like immunizations and CPR (I believed) certification.

The letter will also tell you where you are assigned P3 and P4 year. During the interview, they said if you score high enough (it depends on your rank in class) you can petition to have your assignment reassigned to the location of your choice - although it might not be guaranteed.

Hope this helps.

Lol, and I'm also deferring looking for housing in Abilene. I dread housing. I never have good experience with it. I live in Dallas, it's such a big city, I wonder if I can get used to Abilene.

I received subsequent email from Mr. Schwettmann @ 6:18 PM today with further instructions. The first thing I did was paid $100 for the seat placement guarantee fee through Merlin. I'm in!!!