Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hahah I was one of the P1s at the QandA session on this past Fridays interview. Hopefully we didnt scare yall too much

Hahaha you guys were fun! Which one were you?

Members don't see this ad.

Finishing up prerequisites and having a hard time focusing on that because all I can think about is getting accepted.

I completely agree with you. It's coming to the point where my dreams are about getting accepted to pharmacy school. All I want is to be lucky enough to receive an acceptance letter!

Members don't see this ad :)
hahah we tried. I was the out of stater. Asian guy with a crazy name lol. I asked my roomate. he said you guys will hear back from them in like 2 weeks tops

I'm thinking of putting in my application for this school as well. I know that Texas schools have very low OOS acceptance rates. However, I also know that this school does have grades replacement, so their gpa calculation is higher than that of Pharmacas. May I ask what it was that you did that made you a more competitive applicant despite the odds of OOS applicants being lower than in state applicants? Thanks! :)

I'm thinking of putting in my application for this school as well. I know that Texas schools have very low OOS acceptance rates. However, I also know that this school does have grades replacement, so their gpa calculation is higher than that of Pharmacas. May I ask what it was that you did that made you a more competitive applicant despite the odds of OOS applicants being lower than in state applicants? Thanks! :)

From what I've read, yes TT does do grade replacement but when it comes down to offers being made they still look at your previous record. I read that previous failed courses, withdraws and D's are deducted from your interview score report. So technically they do have grade replacement but still take into consideration your previous attempts. If I'm mistaken someone please correct me on that!

I think that sounds about right. My goal is to maximize my chance of getting an interview. Even if they count my grades against me, if they offer me an interview, at least they had a chance to talk to me before they reject me merely based on a number. Also, there's not much I can change as far as my grades go, but how I perform at an interview is still to an extent, relatively within my control.

Posted twice question is below

Last edited:
My application was received on September 15 and I haven't heard anything from the schools yet. I'm getting a little worried. Does anyone know if TT is still working on early decisions and when they start sending regular interview invites?

I think that sounds about right. My goal is to maximize my chance of getting an interview. Even if they count my grades against me, if they offer me an interview, at least they had a chance to talk to me before they reject me merely based on a number. Also, there's not much I can change as far as my grades go, but how I perform at an interview is still to an extent, relatively within my control.

That's the best attitude to have. Wish you all the best!

My application was received on September 15 and I haven't heard anything from the schools yet. I'm getting a little worried. Does anyone know if TT is still working on early decisions and when they start sending regular interview invites?

Did you apply for early decision or regular? You might want to just call the admissions directly because I believe September 27th was the last interview date for ED.

Did you apply for early decision or regular? You might want to just call the admissions directly because I believe September 27th was the last interview date for ED.

I applied as regular. Since the last interview date for ED was September 27, will regular interview invitations be after that date or the end of application cycle?

I applied as regular. Since the last interview date for ED was September 27, will regular interview invitations be after that date or the end of application cycle?

I think regular interviews start around november-december..so theres some time

Members don't see this ad :)

Last year, regular decision interviews started in January, and I received my invitation in December. If you have any questions, contact your advisor, they are all very nice!!

Is the admissions committee meeting up on the 8th or 9th?

I'm pretty sure Mike said the 9th. I'm thinking about calling on the evening of the 9th.... or maybe I should just wait till the 10th

I thought he said the 8th and offers could go out starting the 9th.

I thought he said the 8th and offers could go out starting the 9th.

I thought that too..i called but the lady i spoke with said acceptances should be sent out sometime this or next week..she said she didnt know for sure when because shes not on the admissions committee..lol im fighting the urge to call again but ill look like a major pest

I thought that too..i called but the lady i spoke with said acceptances should be sent out sometime this or next week..she said she didnt know for sure when because shes not on the admissions committee..lol im fighting the urge to call again but ill look like a major pest
I really hope offers go out this week. The wait is starting to consume me!

Talked to an advisor. I was told admissions will meet either tomorrow or Thursday. Acceptances will possibly go out by Monday/Tuesday or even earlier. They weren't specific, kind of just threw a ball park range at me. They kept saying "it could be this day or that day".

Same here, all except my PCAT for some reason. But that could be because I took it on September 17th.

Same here, all except my PCAT for some reason. But that could be because I took it on September 17th.

Do y'all have college transcripts checked off?? I just sent mine to pharmcas were they supposed to be sent to tech as well??

Do y'all have college transcripts checked off?? I just sent mine to pharmcas were they supposed to be sent to tech as well??
No, the transcript boxes are not checked off on mine. As long as you sent your transcripts to pharmcas, you're good. We have to send our fall '13 transcripts to pharmcas and spring '14 send directly to tech.

No, the transcript boxes are not checked off on mine. As long as you sent your transcripts to pharmcas, you're good. We have to send our fall '13 transcripts to pharmcas and spring '14 send directly to tech.

Okay perfect that's what I thought! Thank you!

Called and I've been accepted!!! So happy!!

just got accepted too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just called them, they said they'll send emails and letters out within the next week!!

Congrats everybody, don't get too crazy tonight! Keep in touch and I'll see some of yall in Amarillo soon

ACCEPTEDDD!!!!!!! AMARILLO HERE I COME!! I am looking forward to meeting you all!! =D

I won't be able to call for a few more hours!! Who did you talk to? Just ask for Mike, or can you talk to anybody with student services?

when I called they just transferred me to Linda Goldstein, and she told me so I think you just have to say the purpose you're calling for and they'll transfer you to someone that has the results.

Accepted!! wahoo! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. Can't wait to meet you all!

Wohoooo!!! Accepted!!!! :) Cant wait to see y'all again in Amarillo!

So happy we all got in!!!! Class of 2018 is coming!

Congrats everyone on getting in! I will say please enjoy this next year and relax as much as possible because you'll need it when you start up next year.

Congrats to everyone who has already gotten accepted and good luck to those of you who are still applying or waiting for a response. Last October when early decision acceptance emails went out the we formed a facebook group to start getting to know each other, figure out roommate situations and such. The then current pharmacy students also created a group for accepted students that had both P0s (the newly accepted) and P1s,P2s etc in order to help give advice and answer questions you may have. It worked out well for our class and if interested you are more than welcome to do the same.

Congrats to everyone who has already gotten accepted and good luck to those of you who are still applying or waiting for a response. Last October when early decision acceptance emails went out the we formed a facebook group to start getting to know each other, figure out roommate situations and such. The then current pharmacy students also created a group for accepted students that had both P0s (the newly accepted) and P1s,P2s etc in order to help give advice and answer questions you may have. It worked out well for our class and if interested you are more than welcome to do the same.

Sounds like a great idea. I think I'll try and get one started for everybody. I'll post the link as soon as the group is made. However I think to start a group on Facebook, I need to add at least 1 person initially to start up. So since I don't know any of you yet, if someone wouldn't mind messaging me your Facebook link. I'll send you a friend request, so we are able to start the group.

Thats an awesome idea! You can add me on Facebook too so we can get this group going..my name is maira iftaqar

Thanks Jglock. That's a great idea actually, we can all get to know each other and help one another. I am trying to make a group but need to add people who first. My name is Sameer Saifuddin, yall can look me up and add me so I can officially make it.

That's works too, you can be in charge of that.