Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed on 2/6, just got an email of acceptance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I've just been accepted as well! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted as well. Does anyone know how long we have to accept the offer? I am still waiting to hear back from my first choice school

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my acceptance email!!! So excited! woot wooot :)

Reactions: 7 users
Can someone who was accepted 2 weeks ago tell me if the deadline date on the offer letter is the same deadline date on their merlin account?

I just got accepted as well. Does anyone know how long we have to accept the offer? I am still waiting to hear back from my first choice school

If you log into your merlin account, it should tell you!! Mine says March 6th!

Do we have to wait until we get the letter in the mail to know what campus they assigned us to?

Do we have to wait until we get the letter in the mail to know what campus they assigned us to?

That's what I'm wondering! There was a part in the email that said they would try their best to honor campus preferences but it never stated the campus haha

I still haven't heard or gotten anything to get an interview?! What does this mean? HELP!

Members don't see this ad :)
when and where did you interview?

Ooh. Actually I suppose I jumped the gun, I received an email today to schedule an interview! I'm going to be picking my interview at the Abilene campus on March 13.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! I actually won't be accepting the offer because I already have accepted my top choice. Good luck to those still interviewing :)

Just got my acceptance email this week!!! :) So excited to meet all of you guys

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted on tuesday! Interviewed on 2/13!

If you were accepted and plan to attend Tech, please post here so I can send you some info! I already sent the info to klavinia4, raider 21, eliafua, and thestrugglez (check your inbox).
Hi, I also got accepted to Tech, could you also put me down on your list! Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 2/6 and received my acceptance on Tuesday!

I was accepted on Tuesday, interviewed 2/6.

Every who has been accepted up through this post should have received a message from me with the Facebook links. If you have not, please let me know!

Can anyone give me a realistic cost of attendance?
Such as:
Tuition
books
housing/living expenses
and anything else you can think of

Tuition for 2 semesters was 15,700 and some change. No one buys books, and if they do, they're cheap used ones, usually from other students. As far as living, it depends on the campus. I am in Amarillo with a roommate, and rent is $427.50/per person/ month. We live at one of the nicer/closer places though.

Tuition for 2 semesters was 15,700 and some change. No one buys books, and if they do, they're cheap used ones, usually from other students. As far as living, it depends on the campus. I am in Amarillo with a roommate, and rent is $427.50/per person/ month. We live at one of the nicer/closer places though.
Does 15,700 cover tuition only or does it include any extra fees?

No, we have a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. I only wish I lived with my boyfriend again.

On average how much are your monthly bills and expenses? Trying to get an idea of what I should expect.

Hello! I've applied and been accepted!

Reactions: 1 user
On average how much are your monthly bills and expenses? Trying to get an idea of what I should expect.
These are all per person, per month.
Rent $427.50
Electric $50
Water/trash $10
Internet $26.22
Plus my cell phone, credit card, and other personal expenses.

These are all per person, per month.
Rent $427.50
Electric $50
Water/trash $10
Internet $26.22
Plus my cell phone, credit card, and other personal expenses.

Thank you for being so helpful.
If you dont mind, can you describe a day of your life as a PharmD student?

What did you do during the summer between P1 and P2?( intership maybe?)

Has anyone who was accepted on 2/24 actually received the letter in the mail yet?

Thank you for being so helpful.
If you dont mind, can you describe a day of your life as a PharmD student?

What did you do during the summer between P1 and P2?( intership maybe?)
I'm actually still a P1, so I'm planning to work as an intern this summer.

Typical day? First semester get up, get to biochem a little before 8, we had 2 classes, a 40 minute break, 2 more classes, then either done for the day or go to labs 2-3 days per week depending on what lab days you picked. Ideally you'd study every evening to keep the material fresh, but I would usually study the night before.

Second semester we have 8am lab 1 day a week, all other days we start at 10:30 (11 on Fridays). 2 classes, 40 minute break, 2-3 more classes, if you have A&P then you're done a little after 4. I'm making a point to study more in advance this semester.

Haha I was not expecting it!! There's glitter all over my bed but oh well:biglove:

Haha I was not expecting it!! There's glitter all over my bed but oh well:biglove:

I saw a little bit so I decided it was best not to open it on my bed...it still got everywhere! But it was a great surprise :)

I'm actually still a P1, so I'm planning to work as an intern this summer.

Typical day? First semester get up, get to biochem a little before 8, we had 2 classes, a 40 minute break, 2 more classes, then either done for the day or go to labs 2-3 days per week depending on what lab days you picked. Ideally you'd study every evening to keep the material fresh, but I would usually study the night before.

Second semester we have 8am lab 1 day a week, all other days we start at 10:30 (11 on Fridays). 2 classes, 40 minute break, 2-3 more classes, if you have A&P then you're done a little after 4. I'm making a point to study more in advance this semester.

Thank you for the helpful information.

I haven't received the letter so I guess I'll contact admissions tomorrow

Send me the stuff too please :)

For those who received the letter on March 2, does the the deadline date on the actual letter say March 6?

For those who received the letter on March 2, does the the deadline date on the actual letter say March 6?

Mine was but I emailed Mike and he said that it just had to be postmarked by that date and he also let me scan the letter and email him! There's probably delays due to weather b/c my letter was postmarked for February 26th and I just received it yesterday!