PhD/PsyD Thank You All!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychMajorUndergrad18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just want to take this time to thank all of you for being a great support for myself in my past career aspirations and for providing above average advice to me and others in this forum. Unfortunately, I have decided to stop doing my psychology major and pursue an old love I have with History and social studies and become Social Studies Teacher (and one day a principal or superintendent hopefully). I've also have been playing around with the idea of maybe getting a endorsement to teach high school Psychology since I will still need about 3 more classes to have around 30 credits in psych. So I just wanted you all to know that I am thankful to all of you for providing honest advice and for being a huge support. And special thanks to Psych844, MamaPhd, FutureApppsych, AccronymAllegry, Therapist4Change, Erg, Wisneuro, Ollie23, Smalltownpsych and anyone else I may have forgotten to mention for all of the help and advice you all have given in the past.

While I am not officially a psych major anymore I still hope to discuss psych-related things with all of you and still be apart of this forum.

Thank you all for everything,
PsychMajorUndergad18

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Being a teacher is a noble path and I have had the opportunity to work collaboratively with some great ones. Good luck with it and only too happy to have you participate in related discussions. :) There can be a lot of overlap in both teaching and psychology.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also love history and my alternative career path would have been a history teacher! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on your decision. The world needs passionate, committed teachers! Good luck, and come back and visit anytime! :)

Reactions: 1 user