Thank you notes for interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunny324

MOT student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have been to admissions interviews, did you send thank-you notes afterwards?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup! A short paragraph along the lines of "thank you for your time" with a little blurb about what was discussed in the interview to put a name to a face.

I agree with ohtee- I sent thank you cards to each of the interviewers. Something short and sweet will do, but it's nice to include what you talked about in the interview, reiterate why you're interested in that particular program, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely! I think it reiterates your interest and keeps you at the forefront of the interviewer's mind. It can't hurt!

Were these thank-you emails or real snail-mail handwritten stationery-style notes?

I sent an email. I felt weird about sending snail mail.

Some of the interviewers handed out their business cards, so I sent out snail mail thank yous. I don't think it matters either way, as long as you're sincere!

Time is usually an issue. I know that admission decisions were made less than a week after my interview so email may be best to make sure they get it in time