thank you notes or email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellabelle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my interviews exactly a week ago and I did not take this sending thank-you notes as seriously as I should've taken. Is it too late to send one? Should I try emailing them instead?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just send the note. Personally, waiting a few days to a week is not a bad thing.

I don't think it really matters, but for the sake of a 40 cent stamp and 10 minutes of time to write it, may as well kiss some more azz, right? A week is not too long, get it in the mail on Monday and rest easy knowing you've done everything in your power to get that acceptance letter in December.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an email thanking both the admissions office , staff and my interviewers names. It's more of a gesture, rather than something that would make your application stand out. Your grades and interview are what they consider. Not whether or not you send thank yous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Bump on this. Do you think individual notes should be addressed to the different people involved in the process (i.e. multiple interviewers)? Or is one note thanking everyone involved sufficient?

No note is sufficient. They will see right through your angle.

Reactions: 1 user
Bump on this. Do you think individual notes should be addressed to the different people involved in the process (i.e. multiple interviewers)? Or is one note thanking everyone involved sufficient?
I addressed mine to each individual when I had multiple interviewers (and I didnt make them identical).

Don't fret over this. Ultimately, if they want you they will let you know. A note or an email won't change that, it only adds to the endless list of things admissions has to open and file. I'm sure they would rather nothing be sent. It won't help in any way. Tufts receives well over 4,000 applicants a year, and out of those who interview, even if it was 2,000, if they got 2,000 thank you notes or emails it just becomes a hassle.