Thank you Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alibai3ah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions about thank you notes post-interview
1) Is it ok to send a thank you note ONLY to the PD (not the interviewers) and just thank the interviewers in that note in order to minimize cost?
2) Is it required that specific interests/why that institute be mentioned again in the note? Or can it just be a simple thank you? Will the latter be taken in a negative way because it does not convey interest?

Thanks a lot. I apologize in advance if there was a thread about these specific questions (that I was unable to find).

Members don't see this ad.

Couple of questions about thank you notes post-interview
1) Is it ok to send a thank you note ONLY to the PD (not the interviewers) and just thank the interviewers in that note in order to minimize cost?
2) Is it required that specific interests/why that institute be mentioned again in the note? Or can it just be a simple thank you? Will the latter be taken in a negative way because it does not convey interest?

Thanks a lot. I apologize in advance if there was a thread about these specific questions (that I was unable to find).
Asked and answered so many times it hurts. Also, there's a really useful (finally) search box up there that will help you out.

TL;DR
1. Email is fine.
2. If you're not going to talk specifics, why bother?