Thank you!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinecat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when we get busy and the excitement of matching sets in, forgetting to thank those who helped us along the way can get to the best of us.

That said, I want to take the time to thank "asmallchild" and "DermVisor" for all of the encouraging words and helpful advice. I will most definitely pay it forward :bow:.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Sometimes when we get busy and the excitement of matching set in, forgetting to thank those who helped us along the way can get to the best of us.

That said, I want to take the time to thank "asmallchild" and "DermVisor" for all of the encouraging words and helpful advice. I will most definitely pay it forward :bow:.

You are very welcome. It's certainly easier to see after matching but there are multiple pathways to matching in dermatology.

When I was applying, I always felt the advice on SDN was more uplifting than what my deans were feeding me. It feels nice to be able to pay it forward

Glad to have helped and congrats again on matching

Reactions: 1 user
Sometimes when we get busy and the excitement of matching set in, forgetting to thank those who helped us along the way can get to the best of us.

You're welcome! Very glad to help you and happy that you matched!

I think SDN helps in giving more accurate and detailed advice that a lot of times Student Affairs offices at many medical schools just aren't equipped for. It's always good to have people who are close to and understand the process better in applying for Derm. That being said a straight shot from MS-4 to Derm residency is definitely not the only route and there are tons of great dermatologists who didn't match the first time. I think the application process truly tests your ability to being humble, having patience, and not getting down on comparing yourself to others during the application process, with a little smidgen of luck on the interview trail mixed in.

Congratulations again and hope you're getting to celebrate with everyone who supported you along the way. It takes a while for the "high" from matching into derm to wear off, IMHO. :biglove: