That sinking feeling...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
imagine if this was for med school admissions...

Members don't see this ad :)
The early admissions students can still be considered for regular admission decision in the spring. There's still hope for them, though I would hesitate to apply again in fear that they'd send another fake acceptance.

I guess that's why some schools do the snail mail/phone call approach.

Is this foolproof though? Emails aren't always sent en masse, so I'd say it's arguable that anything can be mixed up. Slightly related: in a previous cycle I applied to a PhD program, which confused me with someone with the same exact name - they switched our email addresses. They emailed me the other guy's acceptance letter, which had his physical address on it.

I know one of the schools I applied to accidentally sent out a wave of IIs earlier this cycle, and then sent a followup email saying that they were a mistake :( I can't even imagine if that happened with acceptances, oh my gosh. Definitely one of my biggest fears. I feel really bad for these kids, even though they still have a chance to get in via regular decision or into a different school in the spring.

I know one of the schools I applied to accidentally sent out a wave of IIs earlier this cycle, and then sent a followup email saying that they were a mistake :( I can't even imagine if that happened with acceptances, oh my gosh. Definitely one of my biggest fears. I feel really bad for these kids, even though they still have a chance to get in via regular decision or into a different school in the spring.

NYU? I was a victim :(

Reactions: 1 user
Haha that's bad, but at least they were rejected and most likely knew it was a fluke.

The early admissions students can still be considered for regular admission decision in the spring. There's still hope for them, though I would hesitate to apply again in fear that they'd send another fake acceptance.

According to the article, of the 294 that received false acceptances, only 9 were deferred to the regular cycle while the rest were denied admittance. I would literally flip a flying s**t if that happened to me, especially if it were for med school admissions.

Didn't something like this happen with a med school before too?