the cost of attendance continues to astound

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's almost twice my private medschool cost of attendance

Members don't see this ad :)
What a boondoggle for these universities. They get guaranteed money upfront in the form of loans (with a few handouts to give to a few who to make them appear generous) and an endless stream of students who can fill their positions thanks a federal government who will effectively loan to anyone. These universities can drive their tuition to the moon, and who cares? The students come out at the end, and the feds say, "Well, if you want us to help you, you'll have to work in crappy conditions where you'd never work otherwise. If you don't want us to help you, before you die, we'll "forgive" your loans but collect a big chunk of them all at once with a big gun held to your head by the IRS. "Oh? You're going bankrupt and defaulting on all your other loans? Haha. Not on your student loans. Never ever."

Can't you see my love for our federal government oozing from my pores?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The worst part about that is that this is also in NY where $1,000 a month in rent can't get you anything and it probably costs $3,000 a month in housing and food...and that is living on raman noodles.

The median income drops in the last 15yrs, while the average public university tuition has INCREASED by over 200% in that time.

Here in Michigan, the data is the following by comparing Michigan State undergrad tuition and the median Michigan household income:
-From 2007 to 2013, there has been a 35% increase in tuition vs. a 1.5% increase in Michigan Median Household Income.
-From 2003 to 2013, there has been a 117% increase in tuition vs. an 11% increase in Michigan Median Household Income.
-From 2000 to 2013, there has been a 182% increase in tuition vs. a 10% increase in Michigan Median Household Income
-From 1992 to 2013, there has been a 275% increase in tuition vs. a 55% increase in Michigan Median Household Income