The H1b list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tingc222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I'm a medical student studying in the U.S., but I'm a Canadian citizen. I want to stay in the U.S. This means I only want to match to programs that sponsor the H1B visa.

I do know: if a residency program sponsors H1B, all other programs at that hospital tends to sponsor the H1B as well.

I spent many hours on google looking for a list of H1B-sponsoring residency programs/hospitals and I've yet to find a comprehensive, up-to-date list to my liking.

If anyone knows of a recent, comprehensive list somewhere, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, if anyone has been through the experience of applying for H1B-friendly programs recently and would like to share your information about which programs sponsor the H1B, post below and I'll make a continually updated list in this thread, hoping that it'll be stickied and might help us and others in our plight :dead:

Format:

Program/hospital name (Date as of last confirmation of H1B-friendly status)

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't trust any lists you find online. Honestly the best course of action is to do it yourself. Check the websites for programs you're interested in and if nothing is mentioned call up the program coordinator yourself.

At the end of the day, you're not going to accidentally match into a program that doesn't sponsor H1b, but that's the surest way to save yourself money when sending in applications.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also a Canadian citizen who was looking for the H1B. And the only way I found out which programs offered H1B and which didn't was during interviews where I just asked them directly. Unfortunately there isn't a comprehensive list anywhere. Hope this helps.

I figured that. I just wanted to see if anyone who has already gone through the whole deal can provide whatever they may already know...

I'm starting MS3 and so I'm not going to go about calling all the programs just yet.

I'll check out FREIDA though. Maybe that's what I'm looking for.

I figured that. I just wanted to see if anyone who has already gone through the whole deal can provide whatever they may already know...

I'm starting MS3 and so I'm not going to go about calling all the programs just yet.

I'll check out FREIDA though. Maybe that's what I'm looking for.

Hey, tingc222 I was wondering if you were able to find a list of programs that sponsor H1B, I am a Canadian and I am in a similar position that you were in.

Hey, tingc222 I was wondering if you were able to find a list of programs that sponsor H1B, I am a Canadian and I am in a similar position that you were in.
You won't know till you contact the programs you are interested in directly. I know it's hard, but try not to be too neurotic. I was, and it did not help. Wait until ERAS season, you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users