The ICU Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoggyGlasses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard "THE ICU BOOK" is a good book for any new intern to read... does anyone know about a new edition coming out? It's in it's 3rd edition right now, printed 2006... I'd think a new one would be out soon??

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard "THE ICU BOOK" is a good book for any new intern to read... does anyone know about a new edition coming out? It's in it's 3rd edition right now, printed 2006... I'd think a new one would be out soon??

if your hospital has Ovid books, then there is a good chance you can read it there for free. a cursory google search shows nothing about any new editions

you don't need the new edition. there haven't been any major changes in intensive care in the past few years. plus if you're reading a book to learn ICU, you need to start with the basic physiology, vents, pressors, etc. the rest you will learn on rotation in the form of on-the-job training.

Members don't see this ad :)
there haven't been any major changes in intensive care in the past few years.

jXJku.jpg

A lot of the surgical attendings act like CC hasn't changed in 20 years, which happens to be around the time they completed residency. Strange coincidence.

the 2nd edition which i use is certainly outdated. Most of it is fine though.