Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my time line so far from IUSD:
Application submitted: 6/5
Application mailed: 6/24
Application received: 6/30
Application under review: 7/12
AADSAS Interview invite: 9/5

Still no email indicating exactly when my interview is.
Is application under review same as application complete email? I haven't received anything after application complete email.

Members don't see this ad.

Is application under review same as application complete email? I haven't received anything after application complete email.

They are different. Have you filled out the supplemental yet?

I got an email first saying they received it and that's when I did the online application (supplemental) and paid the 75 dollars. THEN my application was truly reviewed and that's when they found out my LOR didn't have a hand written signature it had an electronic one. Then I had that fixed and got another email saying it was complete and under review and it would take something like 3-6 weeks to hear back about a possible interview invite.

If you don't get an email by Friday I would call them. But since you have an invite notified on AADSAS you should be getting an email shortly allowing you to pick your interview date.

What I'm going to assume is that the instate students will get the earlier dates just because they are sending out the notices so late. Then the OOS will get further dates allowing time to travel.

Early vs later dates are nothing to be worried about since you got an invite so soon. They are just organizing it now based on how easily students can get here.

But they could possibly offer OOS multiple dates close and far out. But always remember when your interview has nothing to do with getting in or not. As long as you have an interview you have a far chance!

Thanks! I have never had a case where the AADSAS updates before the formal invitation is sent out. I mean, I have interviews now where AADSAS still says "under review." Guess I will continue to stare at my email at work waiting for the notice to come through

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I have never had a case where the AADSAS updates before the formal invitation is sent out. I mean, I have interviews now where AADSAS still says "under review." Guess I will continue to stare at my email at work waiting for the notice to come through

Ya it is weird but I think IUSD is really changing their interview process. Plus like I said earlier there's so much going on at the school (flooding, new construction, new process for patents, parking changes, etc.) that they are behind so the fastes way was probably to notify students by AADSAS.

They are different. Have you filled out the supplemental yet?

I got an email first saying they received it and that's when I did the online application (supplemental) and paid the 75 dollars. THEN my application was truly reviewed and that's when they found out my LOR didn't have a hand written signature it had an electronic one. Then I had that fixed and got another email saying it was complete and under review and it would take something like 3-6 weeks to hear back about a possible interview invite.
yes i had the same problem and after getting LORs fixed I received an email with title "Your Application is Complete!" and "The review and processing period averages 3 – 6 weeks." I think this is same thing you're talking about right?

yes i had the same problem and after getting LORs fixed I received an email with title "Your Application is Complete!" and "The review and processing period averages 3 – 6 weeks." I think this is same thing you're talking about right?
Yes so you should be in a good position if you got that email! Have you received notice of an interview on AADSAS? Or when did you get the email about them reviewing your application?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes so you should be in a good position if you got that email! Have you received notice of an interview on AADSAS? Or when did you get the email about them reviewing your application?
That last email was received on 8/19 but still no change in status on AADSAS

That last email was received on 8/19 but still no change in status on AADSAS
Ok likely they are still reviewing it so possibly you will be in the second batch or so which is great!! As long as your application was in before September you have a very strong chance of getting an interview if your application has strong points. Either DAT, GPA, tons of dental experience, volunteers hours, research, etc. IUSD does a really good job of giving thoses who apply early a fair chance by looking at everything on your application.

Reactions: 1 users
Check your emails! I got my official interview offer

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Set up for the 9/21 afternoon interview!!

About 15-20 minutes after I sent the times I could go.
But did you send it before 5 though? I know they leave the office at 5. So I'm sure in the morning I'll hear!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who did not receive the e-mail but your status changed on AADSAS, did you e-mail the school to check on your status?

I e-mailed them, they replied very quickly with "Although your AADSAS designation has been changed, the school is not ready to offer you an interview at this time."

NO OTHER EXPLANATION. Not sure what to think right now. Anyone else with a similar experience?? :/

For those of you who did not receive the e-mail but your status changed on AADSAS, did you e-mail the school to check on your status?

I e-mailed them, they replied very quickly with "Although your AADSAS designation has been changed, the school is not ready to offer you an interview at this time."

NO OTHER EXPLANATION. Not sure what to think right now. Anyone else with a similar experience?? :/
Wow! I'm sorry! Don't be let down yet I'm sure they are just going to add you to the next around!

Last year I knew of a few people that didn't interview until late and still got in!

I got an interview and am OOS. For those of you who say it's your dream school, are you willing to share reasons why you think that? I am on the other side of the country and I have never visited Indiana before but I like their mission statement.

9/22 am interview here.

I got an interview and am OOS. For those of you who say it's your dream school, are you willing to share reasons why you think that? I am on the other side of the country and I have never visited Indiana before but I like their mission statement.

In state tuition is key. Other factors: new dental building our P3 year, in the heart of Indianapolis, all the professors I've met at the clinic were great, great patient pool and options to work with underserved areas if that's your focus. I was raised in Indiana though so I'm slightly biased

9/28 morning interview here. And what he said ^ IU is the goal

Yesterday my application said invited for interview and today it went back to under review so I don't know what happened.

My interview date is 9/21 :soexcited::biglove: and I'm to be there for the morning session!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!! :claps:

9/22 am interview here.

In state tuition is key. Other factors: new dental building our P3 year, in the heart of Indianapolis, all the professors I've met at the clinic were great, great patient pool and options to work with underserved areas if that's your focus. I was raised in Indiana though so I'm slightly biased

Here are a few of the reasons I LOVE IUSD (in no particular order)
- The family like bonds built between students and staff is just incredible
- The chance to learn while helping the community at the IUSD Student Out Reach Clinic. (This is a clinic where students can volunteer their time to not only learn and see very serious cases of dental work but this clinic is completely free to its patients! - IUSD really cares about the community around them!)
- The brand new facility they are building! (I work at the school now and I've heard so much about it like the technology it will have and the way it will simulate a real dental office where students will get the chance to see patients in a private room like setting rather than a huge room with hundreds of chairs.)
- Located right down town Indianapolis! There is always something to do!
- The opportunity to complete research and travel!
- The chance to go to underprivileged countries to help provided dental care!

The only down fall to this school is the parking issue. It can be pretty hard to find a parking spot after 7:45 am. But there are options around that such as use the bus systems either the city or IUPUI's or if you have the money to buy a parking pass that allows only you to park in that particular parking spot so no matter what time you arrive you always have that spot.

I scheduled 9/28 so that I could have my Louisville interview 9/26 and get any nervousness out of my system. IU is my most important interview.

If my interview is at 10am, I can assume it's an AM interview... right? Seems like an obvious answer but my confirmation email didn't specifically say if my interview was AM or PM lol.

If my interview is at 10am, I can assume it's an AM interview... right? Seems like an obvious answer but my confirmation email didn't specifically say if my interview was AM or PM lol.

Yes arrive at 8:15 AM. Mine is the same time. :) Best of luck!

My interview date is 9/21 :soexcited::biglove: and I'm to be there for the morning session!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck everyone!!!! :claps:
Mine is under review now! Finally, it says this process will take like 3-6weeks.. I'll see! Good luck on your interview hope you to ace it! I am glad to hear you guys comments on the interview!

Mine is under review now! Finally, it says this process will take like 3-6weeks.. I'll see! Good luck on your interview hope you to ace it! I am glad to hear you guys comments on the interview!
did you receive a separate email after the "application is complete" email? If yes, how long afterrrrrr? :wideyed:

Oh YAY!!!! :highfive: That's great new! Hopefully you will get your interview invite soon! Best of luck!

And thank you! I feel pretty confident with the interview part just getting the interview was the most stressful thing ever I thought!!

did you receive a separate email after the "application is complete" email? If yes, how long afterrrrrr? :wideyed:
No. I didn't

Application received: 6/30 - then I got an email from IUSD saying that one of my LOR did not meet their standards. I fixed that the next day. Then I got the "complete" email
Application under review: 7/12- this was the application complete email
IUSD Email Interview Invite (where you pick your available dates): 9/6
IUSD Interview: 9/21 - AM Session

No. I didn't

Application received: 6/30 - then I got an email from IUSD saying that one of my LOR did not meet their standards. I fixed that the next day. Then I got the "complete" email
Application under review: 7/12- this was the application complete email
IUSD Email Interview Invite (where you pick your available dates): 9/6
IUSD Interview: 9/21 - AM Session
thank you so much for your example! :)
I am hoping they will get to mine soon as my timeline is much later...

Application submitted: 7/26
Application mailed: 8/5
Application received: 8/2
Application under review: 8/5 ("application complete" email)

Good luck to everyone on the next round of invites!!:clap:

So I applied in July, they sent an email saying that my app needed another letter of rec. I sent it in, then got the "application complete" email and my portal changed to application complete. Today my portal changed again to "received/under review". Did this happen to anyone else? Wondering if I my application was officially put in the non interview group..

So I applied in July, they sent an email saying that my app needed another letter of rec. I sent it in, then got the "application complete" email and my portal changed to application complete. Today my portal changed again to "received/under review". Did this happen to anyone else? Wondering if I my application was officially put in the non interview group..

No that is exactly what mine said before it changed to "invited for interview" I applied very early though June like two days after it opened. If you applied in July likely you won't have an interview until October or November. All of the September interviews have gone out I'm pretty sure.

me too

No that is exactly what mine said before it changed to "invited for interview" I applied very early though June like two days after it opened. If you applied in July likely you won't have an interview until October or November. All of the September interviews have gone out I'm pretty sure.

Sorry, not trying to bash anyone just wanted to clarify! This may not necessarily be true, I have an interview on 9/21 and my AADSAS Mail out day was 7/29!

Thanks! Looks like I'll keep some hope! How long after yours switched to review did you get an interview?

Sorry, not trying to bash anyone just wanted to clarify! This may not necessarily be true, I have an interview on 9/21 and my AADSAS Mail out day was 7/29!

Congrats! Yeah at those point I feel like it could still go either way. Thanks for the info.

Oh that's great news! All I know is that all of the September dates went out depending on if they are all completely filled is different though.

They may not be if people don't reply to their interview invite. So a few could be open!

Thanks! Looks like I'll keep some hope! How long after yours switched to review did you get an interview?

Congrats! Yeah at those point I feel like it could still go either way. Thanks for the info.
Mine was marked under review right away on 7/12 then it didn't change until 9/5 to invited for an interview. So it really is all up in the air don't think you're out already.

Are you instate or out of state that could also be a factor.

Received an interview invitation on Tuesday as well. First time getting an out of state interview.

any recommendations on where to book a hotel?

any recommendations on where to book a hotel?

This is from the IUSD web page. I added my fav. hotel to the list.

Downtown
(approximately 5 min. from the School of Dentistry)

Airport (approximately 20 min. from the School of Dentistry)

This is from the IUSD web page. I added my fav. hotel to the list.

Downtown
(approximately 5 min. from the School of Dentistry)

Airport (approximately 20 min. from the School of Dentistry)

Thanks a bunch!

Hey guys, for you that have interviews on the 20th and 21st, could you give us a brief overview with some questions you were asked and how everything went? It'd be great to know what to expect before I (and others) get in there for theirs. Thanks and best wishes to those of you interviewing!

does anyone know if interviews are open or closed file this year?
interview is wednesday!!! <3<3

Just got an interview invite via email!! I'm OOS. Anyone else? The dates they gave me to choose from were 10/4, 10/5, 11/1, 11/2.

Just got an interview invite via email!! I'm OOS. Anyone else? The dates they gave me to choose from were 10/4, 10/5, 11/1, 11/2.

When was your application complete and what're your stats?

Current student at IUSD. If you have any questions, let me know!
Hi! does it matter if we interview earlier pre-december in October or November. How much of a difference does it make?

Like do admissions come together and the end of the week to choose applicants they want to offer acceptance to or do they come together at the end of each month? :) any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.