***The Indiana University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I looked through it too, looks like they give everyone a fair chance of interview regardless if you are pre-dec or post-dec. Most of the ppl getting accepted on Dec 1 were OOS applicants who interviewed. Most of the acceptances for the upcoming class was in March and after though... pretty interesting. SO NO ONE PANIC! lol Indiana seems legit and fair..doesn't matter if you choose the later interview date if pre-dec ;)

PinkTooth245 on 11/30/15:

"Sorry didn't mean to freak anyone out! (I have an anatomy test in like an hour....) So I interviewed second day of their interview and had a post-interview like everyone else with Dr. Peterson. She said you will be "updated" on your application around December first which is MOST likely be a denial or a deferral. She said DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED by a deferral because they do most of their acceptance in MARCH. She spec. said that they wait to make most decisions until after spring interviews because they want to give all their interviewers a chance.

I am an in-state and have 2 very good friends that attend IU currently. One who received AMAZING DAT scores and very high grades (I am talking a 30 on ochem, no lie...) and another who had a lot of experience on their application. Experience was accepted in March and amazing dat was accepted in April. Both say that 95% of their class was notified in or after March. The only ones really accepted in December were some OOS students.

Also during my interview the two students on the student panel said the same exact thing ^^^ Not many acceptances until March. One guy said he found out in December but he was from NY

If anyone gets an acceptance tomorrow, Congratulations! But if your status changes do not give up hope!!"

During my post-interview, she said that most acceptances would be December first. And they will finish up the application cycle end of January (including waitlist and deferred applications) so we would not have to wait that long. Someone can correct me, its either January or February (still sleep deprived from red-eye flight--- So I forgot). But I definitely did not hear March.

Members don't see this ad.

During my post-interview, she said that most acceptances would be December first. And they will finish up the application cycle end of January (including waitlist and deferred applications) so we would not have to wait that long. Someone can correct me, its either January or February (still sleep deprived from red-eye flight--- So I forgot). But I definitely did not hear March.

Hmnnn maybe they are making changes then just like they sorta changed the interview process this year for this school :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah there's a lot of new changes. They're taking out the PBL curriculum too.

Hmnnn maybe they are making changes then just like they sorta changed the interview process this year for this school :/

Members don't see this ad :)
This interview cycle for IUSD is completely different from previous years.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys:
I submitted late and received under review email on 09/08. So do you guys think IU will send more invitations later this month? I have a stat is like average. Thank you anyone could answer me.

I know this was already mentioned in the thread, but i just wanted to clear it. I called Indiana and asked them about their interview style. She said it's half open book so the interviewees won't know your GPA or DAT score but will have everything else from the application including personal statement, extra curricular etc. She said so interviewees are less likely to point out weaknesses in terms of grades and want to know you more as a person.

Hey guys:
I submitted late and received under review email on 09/08. So do you guys think IU will send more invitations later this month? I have a stat is like average. Thank you anyone could answer me.

I know the October interviews went out (they are this week) and I'm pretty sure the November interviews went out too (they might not be full tho). The last interview dates are in January and they will go out in December I believe.

Best of luck!

in what way do you think it's completely different?
They haven't changed all too much from my opninion. The past few years have been pretty similar.

A few slight differences are:

1.) The dates on when they interview students. They allowed for a morning and afternoon session to allow more of a chance to let IUSD faculty participate. Before they were having trouble with the interview times and faculty not being able to make it.

2.) They also changed who is giving the tour it was someone from admission now it's students. Not a big change it's the same tour it's great since you get a students point of view, they add in points like their favorite speciality, tell their opinion on how the clinics run, and simple things like the best ways around the school.

3.) Previous years also had the writing excercise. So no change there. They did add a light lunch which was nice!

Years back like maybe 4 or 5 (or even further) the interviews used to have multiple IUSD faculty members and a current student who would interview you. They don't do that any more. It's now one on one and two short interviews. But it's been that way for a while now.

That's just my thoughts though :) it's over all still a great process that gets you so excited and motivated to start school there!!

For those who had rented a car or drove your own car to the interview and parked in the Vermont Street Garage - how much was parking for the day, and what time did you get to the garage? Were there enough spots? Thanks! :)

Anyone interviewing here tomorrow (10/05)? I just drove in earlier this evening and everyone in the city is super friendly :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Man I wish I had checked SDN before my interview :( I wonder if we met, I was one of the shy nervous kids lol What did you think of the interview?

Man I wish I had checked SDN before my interview :( I wonder if we met, I was one of the shy nervous kids lol What did you think of the interview?

I was also here on 10/05! But I thought it was so-so... How'd you feel about it?

One of the nervous kids? Nahh I doubt you were. I was in the morning session.

i submitted my supplemental app in October and on AADSAS the status is under review. I called the IU admission office and i was told that interview dates for pre-dec have been sent out. I am OOS resident with 21AA score. wondering, if they will invite more OOS applicants in January?

Last edited:
i submitted my supplemental app in October and on AADSAS the status is under review. I called the IU admission office and i was told that interview dates for pre-dec have been sent out. I am OOS resident with 21AA score. wondering, if they will invite more OOS applicants in January?
at the interview they said there will be 2 interview dates in January and more if needed.

Reactions: 1 users
I was also here on 10/05! But I thought it was so-so... How'd you feel about it?

I loved the school and city, everyone was very nice :) I was a little disappointed with my interview only because I felt like both were kind of rushed because they were running behind. I had so much more to say :(

One of the nervous kids? Nahh I doubt you were. I was in the morning session.

I was in the afternoon session. I was just more quiet than usual because I was pretty sleep deprived lol o_O

Did anyone else who interviewed receive a thank you letter a few days ago? It seemed like a really nice gesture!

Did anyone else who interviewed receive a thank you letter a few days ago? It seemed like a really nice gesture!
They mailed it to you? Is this different from the one they gave you after you finished your interviews? Also are you OOS?

Anyone know if they plan to send out more pre-dec interviews? App has been under review since 9/7. 19AA, 20TS, 3.87GPA 3.80SGPA OOS resident

For the people that have interviewed, did your interviewers allow you to ask questions (like at the end of that 15 minutes), or did they only ask you questions?

For those of you who already had an interview how do you think it went? From 1-10 ( 10 you did very well)

For the people that have interviewed, did your interviewers allow you to ask questions (like at the end of that 15 minutes), or did they only ask you questions?

Both of mine probably asked me questions for ~12 minutes and then I got to ask them only one before time was up. It could change with your interviewer though, there were four or five interviewing that day and you only get two, so I presume each person is different.

For those of you who already had an interview how do you think it went? From 1-10 ( 10 you did very well)

I didn't have any time to ask questions in my two 15 mins interviews we actually didn't even really talk about dentistry at all it was basically just a conversation. Not stressful and we even shared a few laughs. They really measure your ability to hold a conversation and look at your personality so don't be nervous if nothing comes up about dentistry. However for the personal exit session you do get to ask all the questions you want so fire away at the questions there!

Over all I thought I did pretty well in my interview :) 10 out of 10 and I think most people feel that way about their interview at IUSD since everyone who works there is so nice and wants you to succeed!

Best of luck to everyone! I believe Interviews are still coming in mid November/December. Roughly 2 days in January with about 15-20 people in each day so there is still a chance! Also GREAT job to who all got an interview!

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't have any time to ask questions in my two 15 mins interviews we actually didn't even really talk about dentistry at all it was basically just a conversation. Not stressful and we even shared a few laughs. They really measure your ability to hold a conversation and look at your personality so don't be nervous if nothing comes up about dentistry. However for the personal exit session you do get to ask all the questions you want so fire away at the questions there!

Over all I thought I did pretty well in my interview :) 10 out of 10 and I think most people feel that way about their interview at IUSD since everyone who works there is so nice and wants you to succeed!

Best of luck to everyone! I believe Interviews are still coming in mid November/December. Roughly 2 days in January with about 15-20 people in each day so there is still a chance! Also GREAT job to who all got an interview!
Hey:
I just called the IU, they said pre dec has filled. So no interviews will be assigned at this point.What is your suggestions for this cycle. Is there any chance for OOS? IU is my top choices. Since they have already used up all the spots why there deadline is Nov.1. My case is under review on 09/09. I feel frustrated...

My friend got in off the waitlist in April last year.

Can anyone describe how writing exercise was like? what is the time frame and do you type your answer on the computer or hand written on the paper? And lastly, what type of questions do they ask you? (ethic, education, or dentistry?)

Can anyone describe how writing exercise was like? what is the time frame and do you type your answer on the computer or hand written on the paper? And lastly, what type of questions do they ask you? (ethic, education, or dentistry?)

It is after lunch and a presentation. They give you a piece of paper with the prompt and you have ten minutes to respond. My hand was cramping! The question I got asked was something like "Diversity is important to help address significant issues in the sciences and in society" and then you had to "rank" (Strongly agree, slightly agree, neutral, etc.) how much you agreed with that statement, and then defend that ranking.

when was the last time someone got invited for an interview? when is the possible next day they email invitations? This process is taking foreverrrrrr.... :(

when was the last time someone got invited for an interview? when is the possible next day they email invitations? This process is taking foreverrrrrr.... :(
Interviews for Oct. (already completed) and Nov. (start this week) have already gone out. I think that the January interview should be going out mid November if not early December. Best of luck!

Interviews for Oct. (already completed) and Nov. (start this week) have already gone out. I think that the January interview should be going out mid November if not early December. Best of luck!
Thank you

Fellow Hoosiers!

Just had my interview Nov 2nd, and I would say it went very well. The first one was awesome, 10/10 for sure. The second one I don't believe I articulated my thoughts as well as I got caught up answering a question that wasn't very clear and that threw me off. But by the end of it, she thanked me for my last answer and said it was a great response. I'd give that one an 8/10. Both interviews were very casual and conversational, and I was definitely given the opportunity to talk about my personal strengths. Now we wait :D (Not as long for me as for some of you early interviewees, though!) Good luck to you all, and I hope to be meeting you next fall!

I can't believe they already made decisions Nov 9 and my status went back to "under review"at midnight.. I am getting so anxious! lol.

lol hopefully it means something. Mine went under review 11/11 again

lol hopefully it means something. Mine went under review 11/11 again

Well..whatever decision it may be, here is to hoping and praying that it is an acceptance lol. GOOD LUCK!!! 19 days left!

Just think.... somewhere, right now, they have a list with all of the people that they interviewed and whether or not that person is accepted, rejected, or waitlisted... very cool to think about!

Too bad no Wikileaks for that info

Ahhhh same here guys my application on 11/11 was marked to "under review" well in the interview they did say that the committee will be discussing everyone on that date so they are right on track! But yes I totally believe that the list has already been made! Hopefully its a YES!!! Such a stressful time! So ready for Dec. 1st!!!!

Best of Luck everyone!!!!!!

I can't believe they already made decisions Nov 9 and my status went back to "under review"at midnight.. I am getting so anxious! lol.
Mine did too. I wonder what that means? *I interviewed almost 2 months ago.

Ahhhh same here guys my application on 11/11 was marked to "under review" well in the interview they did say that the committee will be discussing everyone on that date so they are right on track! But yes I totally believe that the list has already been made! Hopefully its a YES!!! Such a stressful time! So ready for Dec. 1st!!!!

Best of Luck everyone!!!!!!
Ahh, thanks for the explanation.

One week.

At a pre-Dental meeting Dr. Peterson said we should get an email at midnight December 1st. Also on my interview day a D1 said he got his email at 12:07 am.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
At a pre-Dental meeting Dr. Peterson said we should get an email at midnight December 1st. Also on my interview day a D1 said he got his email at 12:07 am.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks! I was literally just going to ask what time we'd hear back. Good luck to you too! :highfive:

Thanks! I was literally just going to ask what time we'd hear back. Good luck to you too! :highfive:

Good luck everyone!

Same here my friends who are in the class for 2020 got emails around 12:03 AM, 12:06 AM,and 12:07 AM so hopefully by 12:15 AM on Dec. 1st we will have an answer! Stress and anxiety is defiantly at an all time high! Just trying to keep it cool! I'm sure that everyone else is feeling the same! We waited this long guys! We got this!

Best of luck!

Please post acceptances when you know of coarse after you do your happy dance and call everyone!!!!!!!

EDIT: My application on AADSAS also says under review it did so on 11/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.