The Inheritance WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Grr to the hacker for making my vote for me.

Going back in the thread I read that STL admitted Willow had role revealed to him, so wolves must know her role. I really wish we still had pming, but I'm going to just ask anyways on the thread since I doubt your role is secret anymore - Willow, I'd like to know your justification for why you used your role the way you did last time.

Meh. I still can't decide if kaydubs would have picked a veteran or a noob to convert, but I'm starting to think she picked a noob simply because from what I've figured out from things LIS told me, none of the veterans have useful roles right now. I can't do anything since my vote has been made by the hacker, but it's a toss up between jayna or willow having been converted, leaning more towards jayna.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes STL knew my role. I didn't realize he was a wolf, and his advice was why I killed hedgie earlier and not kaydubs.

Last night, I sent in my PM and did not see jayna's info that ashgirl was testing cyndia. I thought it was very weird for her to choose to steal a silencing role, and thought she might have been buying herself time as the convert. It would be similar reasoning to when wolves choose to convert someone who can only post in pictures. They can't say much, so we aren't suspicious because we don't get to see wolfy posts.

I wonder if it is a veteran convert though. I can't remember when we started talking about the convert being a veteran, whether that was posted before or after devyn was killed.

I would think the wolf, whether newb or veteran, would take out veterans because they're more likely to spot the convert. So the devyn kill made sense. But then gwen was killed, and she wasn't able to be very helpful and communicative, so would not be that dangerous to the wolf. Maybe the convert saw us talking about the veteran idea, and stopped killing veterans. Because if we're lynching veterans, then the wolf wants more veterans around to be lynched instead of the convert. But maybe a noob would do that too, so we take longer lynching veterans before even considering noobs...

Maybe kaydubs did choose a newb, knowing that we would suspect veterans first as the better convert choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
200.gif

I am SO excite! I have a memorial gif now.... :D

also I am making bread

cOCEQ.gif

Reactions: 1 user
You lynched @Lissarae06 , whoopteedoo.

It is Night 9
. Closes whenever the hell I want.

There are 6 players in the game.

@Frozenshades FS
@touchpause13 TP
@Cyndia
@WillowLeaf
@UFprevet12 UFO
@JaynaAli

The BURNT TO THE GROUND FOR INSURANCE MONEY Winter Home at the Beach
The Family Estate SOLD To REAL ESTATE DEVELOPERS TO BUILD NEW CONDOS
The Nursing Home for old vet students who have gotten too grumpy Shut down due to medicare fraud
The Summer Home in the Mountains sold to an internet billionaire

The Vacation Home sold to the russian mob.

*******The Increasingly crowded and haunted Family CEMETERY*******
DVMDream, Patriarch
Swingnsave
Romoret
VetAshley2117
brightimpressio
chillbo baggins
Dyachei
ShortnSweet
Flim Flam Man
Hedgiehog
SummertheLynx
Kaydubs
Devyn
LIS
Jamr0ckin
Gwenevre
Ashgirl
Lissarae

The final 6 members of the family huddle together at night, thinking they could finally catch the last wolf in their midst. They fall asleep, and wake up the next morning with a stray cat pawing them trying to get them to feed it some treats.

200.gif

Finally someone throws the cat a treat and the group jostles against each other. They slowly arise to find NO ONE HAS DIED.
What can this mean?
They spend the day accusing each other of being the wolf, but in the end, they decide not to lynch anyone this day and see what happens.

They go to bed again huddled together, and again wake to a cat pawing them in the morning.

200.gif

Finally when they all get up, they realize the cat isn't just hungry, it is trying to tell them something. They take a little note from its collar and they find a note informing them that that the wolves are all dead.

Stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

The surviving family members gather around and ask who has the "inheritance". @Cyndia, the long lost brother stands up and says she has it.
They all gather round to see that it is a list. A list of all the "roles" the family can play in life, and which ones are evil. The list is reproduced here:

THE LIST

: You are the holder of the famed “list”, that is actually a biography of everyone in the game. Everyone in the world believes that this list is an urban legend, but only YOU know that it is exists and you hold it. Each night you must pick one player who will inherit the list.You may NEVER mention the existence of the list. You may NEVER say where you got your information from. Any violation will lead to your death and depending on whether there has been any other infractions, destruction of the list. DON’T DO IT!

#2: Each night you can send a “present” to one player. They will know it is from you. Please send me a GIF with your present each night.

#3: You are heir to the empire of your family, but are waiting to inherit your fortune. In the meantime you are living a life of debauchery. You may pick one player each night to sleep with.

#4: You divorced your husband as soon as you found out he was a philandering bastard, and took the kids with you. You may pick one player each night to take away their ability that night and use it the next night as part of your divorce settlement.

#5: WOLF. Why did you marry a guy who cheated on you when you were married? Of course he would do it again. Each night you can travel to a new group to try to forget the miserable life you lead as a spouse.

#6; You are the third wife and have to take care of these ragamuffins. Well, the Nanny really does, you just like to complain.. Each night you can send an insult to one player …. Keep it within TOS, but make it good.

#7: WOLF. You are the bad seed. There is one in every family. Each night you can make up a toy to give to another player. Please describe the toy fully.

#8: You are the darling of everyone’s eyes, guaranteed to be a success in life, and quite resourceful. Each night you can make an item that lasts for one night. You cannot repeat an ability.

#9: WOLF: You HATE these freaking parents and their spoiled kids. Why did you take this job. Each night you can protect one player.

#10: You are the cool uncle, everyone wishes they were you. You live a life of luxury. Each night you may send a message to one person telling them how wonderful it is to be you.

#11: You are the hideous Aunt. You are so weird. Each night you must move one person out of your group.

#12: You don’t like to talk much. You can only post once each day/night cycle in addition to your lynch vote. Of course, you don’t want to explain that. You can post twice ONE time in the game.

#13: You disappeared for a while and then show back up. You may not post on days one or two.

#14: You are a bit of a psychopath, and everyone is afraid of you. You may kill every third day, but only someone who has voted to lynch you.

#15: You will hack into the system and change one person’s vote each day. If you don’t remember to do this, you will receive an extra lynch vote against you.

#16: You are the shark preying on the family’s desire to inherit the family fortune. Each night you can give one person a posting restriction to make sure they are a dedicated player.

#17: You can pick one person each night to learn something about a part of a person’s role. You must pick ANOTHER person (you can only send to the same person every 3rd night) to receive the gossip, you will not be told who receives it, and as always, one word in the description will be changed. The person receiving the info will get it as a message from you.

#18: You admire the family very much, actually too much, and are stalking the family. You have heard about a secret and you try to find it. Each night pick one player to check if they have the secret you have heard about. Of course, you will be passing on what you find to someone who is using you.

#19 don’t give a poop: What do you have to do with this game? Nothing? Are you a villager? No. Are you a wolf? No. Do you have a win condition? No. You must disagree with everything in this game. All of your posts must be argumentative/contradictory with other player’s posts.

#20: You are so old, Methusalah makes old jokes about you. OF course you think you know EVERYTHING. Whenever you make a claim it must be stated as fact… i.e. “I KNOW SOV is a wolf” etc… No speculation, and no explaining.

#21: You may ONLY post in music clips/videos.

#22- You can investigate one DEAD person each night. You must post in ****** like a dead person… but you are a LIVING GHOST.

#23 – ; WOLF. You must only use dog or cat words. Woof, Arf, meow etc. You may use dog/cat pictures/GIFS. Whenever you post a picture of an Italian Greyhound, you may use ONE word in your post.

#24- : You must only use dog words. Woof, Arf, meow etc. You may use dog/cat pictures/GIFs. Whenever you post a picture of an Italian Greyhound, you may use ONE word in your post

The family then spends the rest of the day figuring out which roles were played by which people… and this is what they figured:

DVMDream, Patriarch #1
Swingnsave: The Family cat, #24
Romoret: Grandson, #8
VetAshley2117: The family dog, wolf, #23
brightimpressio: The Ghost, #22
chillbo baggins: The quiet sister #12
Dyachei: The stalker #18
ShortnSweet: The nanny, wolf, #9
Flim Flam Man, the lawyer, #16
Hedgiehog: The stepmom, #6
SummertheLynx: Wife #2, wolf, #5
Kaydubs: The granddaughter, wolf, #7
Devyn: Aunt, #11,
LIS: The Honey Badger, neutral, #19
Jamr0ckin: the gossipy neighbor, #17
Gwenevre: the rocking teenager, #21
Ashgirl: Wife #1, #4
Lissarae: the cool uncle, converted to wolfram, #10
FS, The matriarch, #20
touchpause13, grandma, #2
Cyndia, long lost brother, #13,
WillowLeaf, cousin, #14
UFprevet12, playboy son, #3
JaynaAli, hacker friend, #15

Congrats to the villagers.

And thank you for those of you who played actively.
To the rest of you…………get off of my lawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks, SOV! This was really fun for the few cycles I was "alive" :p

Thanks for the game SOV! I thought it was a very interesting concept though felt a bit in the dark until I could finally talk to LIS....

I was a very hideous person and had to keep making people leave me..... I am so ronery.....

don't you just hate it when your cats are stomping around?

I have the solution for you! KITTEN MITTENS......

Members don't see this ad :)
:D

Good job villagers!!!

And wolves, I have noted who you are, there will be serious consequences for killing me first in this game. SOV and I had discussed this game quite a bit prior to him rolling it out and I was really looking forward to that role... So be warned... you are on my list... :shifty:

:D

Good job villagers!!!

And wolves, I have noted who you are, there will be serious consequences for killing me first in this game. SOV and I had discussed this game quite a bit prior to him rolling it out and I was really looking forward to that role... So be warned... you are on my list... :shifty:
So disappointed.

I purposely gave LIS his role so that he (who had to be argumentative) could argue with DVMD who knew all the info.
So ironic she willed it to him.

Reactions: 2 users
who had the list.

You were actually working for the wolves… but were a villager.
The idea was you could find the list for them, and they could kill that person.

You just missed it checking LIS, he got it at the END of night 1 when DVMD was killed.
Figured I was working for the wolves. I was actually asking LIS who to check that wouldn't have it at the end

Reactions: 1 users
Here is the game document if anyone cares…

In case it wasn't obvious, most of the abilities in this game were useless. They were just there to give the list holder something to figure out.
The only "real" important roles were killed relatively early:

The Ghost
The Grandson (making items)
The stalker, checking for the list.

There was no blocking, no protection (well except if a wolf was kind), no resurrection, no investigation (although the wife#1 stealing a role was semi-helpful).

Attachments

• The List WW.xlsx
    61.6 KB · Views: 43
First and foremost: I hope nobody was offended by me being an even bigger ass this game than usual. I get into my roles. It was surprisingly hard for someone like me - who is usually pretty willing to throw down and get into the thick of it - to intentionally be argumentative. So nothing I said this game should be taken seriously.

Second, and more importantly: Mayoral Win Streak - CONTINUED. Cha-ching.

I really didn't expect people to vote for me as mayor when I came out that strongly. Yeesh. :)

First and foremost: I hope nobody was offended by me being an even bigger ass this game than usual. I get into my roles. It was surprisingly hard for someone like me - who is usually pretty willing to throw down and get into the thick of it - to intentionally be argumentative. So nothing I said this game should be taken seriously.

I really didn't expect people to vote for me as mayor when I came out that strongly. Yeesh. :)
I found it pretty amazing that bullying people was so effective. A lot of villagers just blindly following you.

And maybe more amazing the wolves let you live when it was clear (or at least should have been) that you were full of all sorts of info.

It was so frustrating watching this game knowing everything.

And LIS and I could have had some epic arguments. :laugh:

It would have been truly epic, yes. Poor SOV, he must have sworn up a storm in front of his IGs when he saw you get killed. And then he probably rolled his eyes when you passed on the list to me.

All that just reinforces one thing that mods always learn in about their first game: No matter how hard you plan, players can always pull something whackier than you really planned for.

Could the person who could make an item every night have made a rez item?
sure. why not.
The only restriction was that they could only do an action once in a game…
so only one investigation item ever. One protection ever.
Since there were no abilities, I left that pretty open ended.

But the items only stayed around ONE night.

And the role was killed off night 2 or 3 or something.

Thanks, SOV! That was a fun game!
Go villagers, and good game wolves!:highfive:

Ahh well done guys!! Glad you forced me to vote lissa, I couldn't decide if kaydubs would be so obvious in her choice. Things definitely got more interesting once LIS started filling us in on things, cheers for the help. And thanks for a great game SOV!

I loved this game SOV mainly for my role. It was a lot of fun!

FYI, this is one of the few games recently where I didn't RNG the roles completely.
DVMD had to get the patriarch role because I had discussed the concept with her. She had to be a mod or the patriarch.
LIS I gave the argumentative role, for chuckles.
And Chillbo's role would have gone to Jojo if he played.

The rest was RNG.

It would have been truly epic, yes. Poor SOV, he must have sworn up a storm in front of his IGs when he saw you get killed. And then he probably rolled his eyes when you passed on the list to me.

There were quite a few times I was reading through and read something from you and thought, "damn, I have a really awesome sarcastic comment for that post". I would just have to sit and stare at the computer screen instead though and post a gif of House. :laugh:

There were quite a few times I was reading through and read something from you and thought, "damn, I have a really awesome sarcastic comment for that post". I would just have to sit and stare at the computer screen instead though and post a gif of House. :laugh:

I laughed my ass off when you died and I posted something about you discussing strategy when dead.... I mean.... for a minute I thought maybe we could get an epic battle going just over that, between a living and dead player.

not to mention you were all over poor lissarae (who did NOT want to be converted).

Sorry Lissa! Hugs. :)

I laughed my ass off when you died and I posted something about you discussing strategy when dead.... I mean.... for a minute I thought maybe we could get an epic battle going just over that, between a living and dead player.

I decided a rebuttal in gifs was better than using words for that one. Especially since I knew you were kidding. :p

Thanks SOV it was fun even though I got lynched so soon! Good job players!!

Your bullying seemed quite efficient :laugh:

When you chose to ask me specifically if I was sure, it seemed too coincidental so I figured you knew my role and had info, or at least more than I had any idea what was happening, which wasn't very much

Thanks for posting the roles at the end. It's really interesting to see who everyone was and what they could do.
Some of y'all who voted to lynch me owe me a heaping of thanks. Rawr. ;)
:oops:I may have briefly considered killing you if I could make myself seem suspicious enough to get a vote from you. That was before I could PM you and before I knew BI could count dead wolves, and I thought you might be a wolf who was taking advantage of the uninformative write ups to lead us into a bunch of villager lynches. I also didn't know a lot of roles so I didn't get your hints that you knew people's roles.

Of course, I decided that would be way too risky in case you were being honest, and I probably couldn't have gotten a vote from you anyway, but the thought crossed my mind for about a second... Would the list have died with LIS, or been willed to someone else?

Thanks for this game!

Can I ask, did my presents do anything? I was really experimenting and trying to be helpful

And @SummerTheLynx ….

Hedgie is the one who sent you that message.
You killed her so no one suspected you until you came out against LIS.

Well done @hedgiehog ….your message made a big difference…
I figured, but doesn't matter since my silly wolf mates forced me to switch groups and out myself :(. So I would have been dead anyway. At least I went out with a bang

And letitsnow, you should check your messages to understand why I wanted to fight to live another day :).