The Intern Musings Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It would be really nice if there were computers available to me while I was talking to my patients; that would save a lot of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It would be really nice if there were computers available to me while I was talking to my patients; that would save a lot of time.

Oh god, the amount of times that patients just go off on irrelevant tangents and you have to keep redirecting them...

Then they're like why did it take so long for me to get seen? I thought this was the emergency room?

Oh god, the amount of times that patients just go off on irrelevant tangents and you have to keep redirecting them...
You eventually get better at redirecting them. Well, you won't, unless you consider 5mg of versed and a propofol drip "re-directing".

And sometimes I just let the crazy ones go off on their tangents. I use the time to finish up notes on other patients, but it looks to them like I'm writing down every word they say.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You eventually get better at redirecting them. Well, you won't, unless you consider 5mg of versed and a propofol drip "re-directing".

And sometimes I just let the crazy ones go off on their tangents. I use the time to finish up notes on other patients, but it looks to them like I'm writing down every word they say.

ketofol is my go to
gotta get those satisfaction scores up

Bump

We got a reminder this week about the inservice exam on Feb. 20th. Fellow co-interns, how are you preparing/planing to prepare for it? I've been doing Rosh review questions but have so far done ~30% of the Q bank.

Rosh questions here. Some hippo EM, occasional glance at Tintinallis. But pretty much just Rosh right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just finished boards, and it went well.
At the end of the day, this is all boards prep... Be that as it is, best thing you can do for yourselves is to actually study for the in-service. In and of itself, no, it doesn't matter, but it was by FAR the best prep I did for boards. I studied the most for years 1 and 2, eased up year 3, and really just did some questions for the real deal and it went very well.

Good luck to you all!!

So about this in service .... lol

I know we cover A to Z in terms of what comes in through the ER doors ....but are there peculiar topics the in-service favors?

Procedural stuff - know what to do if you insert an IO and it infiltrates. That's been asked on multiple in service exams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone ever gotten a 0% on an inservice exam?

Reactions: 1 user