The Knick - New medical drama on Cinemax

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nugang

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who loves medical dramas or is still recovering from House ending, theres a new show on Cinemax called The Knick thats about the life of a doc in the 1900's.

Seems pretty interesting and the first ep just aired yesterday. Hopefully gonna watch it tonight.

Anyone watch it?

Members don't see this ad.

Saw the first ep. Enjoyed the visuals, and it'll be uniquely different from other medical dramas due to the era, but the choice of background music was strange to me. Clive Owen is a plus when it comes to acting chops.

Members don't see this ad :)
SO GOOD. Directed/created by Steven Soderbergh (Ocean's Eleven, Sex Lies and Videotape, etc). I'm already hooked. I'm a big medical history buff and the show is incredibly well done. If you don't have cinemax, you can watch the first episode free on their website.

Saw the first ep. Enjoyed the visuals, and it'll be uniquely different from other medical dramas due to the era, but the choice of background music was strange to me. Clive Owen is a plus when it comes to acting chops.
The music choices were made with the idea that the producers wanted you to feel like you were entering a new, amazing age of medicine, rather than watching some relic from the past and being reminded of that. This was a time that great advances were being made in medicine and technology and people were in awe of all that was happening. The music attempts to put the viewer in that same headspace, according to interviews with the producers. Awesome show.