The Official 01/27/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Friday, January 27, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 8 a.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
.Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just 5 kids ... That's depression lol looks like no one wants to wake up in the morning

Members don't see this ad :)
what's up everyone. I am retaking I got a 32O on the sept 10th mcat. I studied for about a 5 weeks and took two practice tests. So I am hoping that I studied some more and took more practice tests I can improve my score to a 35 or above. I got 12 verbal, 10 bio, 10 physical science. I only spent a day on organic chem so I am hoping by focusing a significant amount of more time I can improve my bio a couple of points.

Just signed up. Retake from Sept. I am a morning person but was hoping for a Saturday date. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers, right?!

I signed up for the Jan 27 one too (@ chico) after reading a lot on here... the earlier the better (as long as i'm prepared :xf:)

Got two 6's on the verbal sections for AAMC 10 and 11. Never got that low on the other exams.

I will be a rock tomorrow nonetheless. Let's do it.

Otherwise, you will see me here again in a month hahahaha.

I really hope that VR is treating you well right now!!! Crossing my fingers for all of you!

^^ pretty much same thoughts exactly.

PS is generally my strongest section but it just felt weird and that threw me off....hoping i didnt mess it up too much..

VR was not too bad...and BS was pretty much what I expected, couple tricky questions but nothing out of the ordinary.

^^ pretty much same thoughts exactly.

PS is generally my strongest section but it just felt weird and that threw me off....hoping i didnt mess it up too much..

VR was not too bad...and BS was pretty much what I expected, couple tricky questions but nothing out of the ordinary.

Yup I felt that PS was most difficult section in the exam...I'm hoping for a generous curve!!!! :scared:

Wow, this thread never really got off the ground. Regarding the test, I thought the sciences were noticeably different than any of the AAMC tests, while the Verbal was pretty much par for the course. I'm not sure if I can wait 30 days to get my scores though, considering I can't keep from thinking about 1 or 2 questions on both the PS and BS that I made stupid mistakes on.:scared:

Im really scared too. I just wonder why these two tests are complete opposite. The 27 and 28. The people who took the 28 th test are so confident and say how easy their test is. It makes me wish i had voided mine.

Im really scared too. I just wonder why these two tests are complete opposite. The 27 and 28. The people who took the 28 th test are so confident and say how easy their test is. It makes me wish i had voided mine.

I took it on 28th, and now I'm getting less confident as we go forward!!! either way, don't get discouraged... We gotta wait for the scores to come out and for ppl to post it along with their AAMC averages... I personally doubt it'll be all that different (or hope in my own case!!)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I'm about 90% sure that you guys had a harder test.

You will most likely have a much more generous curve. I'm almost positive of it

I'm about 90% sure that you guys had a harder test.

You will most likely have a much more generous curve. I'm almost positive of it

Definitely. I would much rather be in the position of the people on the 27th. Our curve is gonna blow but you guys' should be pretty generous.

Definitely. I would much rather be in the position of the people on the 27th. Our curve is gonna blow but you guys' should be pretty generous.

Ehh, I don't know if I would rather be in their position ;) . I got a lot of confidence coming out of the Verbal section and think it helped me in bio.

It's all mental but being bummed out on one of the sections can effect you on the other sections (Depending on the person)

The people on our test who felt they didn't do as well tended to be the ones who had worse AAMC scores. So it seems like there is still a common trend with the Jan 28th score.

Eh it's all a matter of opinion tbh. People say the 28th verbal was harder and BS easier and PS somewhere between. But I personally would have preferred a more conceptual PS than calculation heavy. Just depends what's your strength/ weakness. If someone never took micro or genetics then I'm betting they would have hated the 28th BS. Saying one test is easier and one harder is silly.

Eh it's all a matter of opinion tbh. People say the 28th verbal was harder and BS easier and PS somewhere between. But I personally would have preferred a more conceptual PS than calculation heavy. Just depends what's your strength/ weakness. If someone never took micro or genetics then I'm betting they would have hated the 28th BS. Saying one test is easier and one harder is silly.

Well, I'm guessing from the responses that the 27th had more convoluted passages/questions and/or tested subjects which aren't as enforced in the MCat books. (i.e. making them "harder")

Sure, it may have been "easier" for some people but for that seems to have been the minority. (Just like some people thought the 28th test was difficult)

I didn't take both tests obviously but that seems to be the general consensus.

For what it's worth, I think the Verbal on the 27th was probably easier than the verbal given to the 28th takers (based on comments from the 28th takers and my own experience on the 27th), so it's not like we got totally screwed.;)

I've thought a bit about which test I would have rather taken, assuming the general consensus on SDN about both tests is true, and I honestly can't decide. My theory is that those who tested on the 28th will generally score closer to their AAMC average while those on the 27th will vary a bit more in either direction. Whatever the case, I just want to get my score and get rid of the plethora of MCAT books I've accumulated.

For what it's worth, I think the Verbal on the 27th was probably easier than the verbal given to the 28th takers (based on comments from the 28th takers and my own experience on the 27th), so it's not like we got totally screwed.;)

I've thought a bit about which test I would have rather taken, assuming the general consensus on SDN about both tests is true, and I honestly can't decide. My theory is that those who tested on the 28th will generally score closer to their AAMC average while those on the 27th will vary a bit more in either direction. Whatever the case, I just want to get my score and get rid of the plethora of MCAT books I've accumulated.

:laugh: I know how you feel. I have a stack in my basement. Not sure if I should sell them, burn them, or keep them in remembrance of the hard work. :D

Bleh. Who cares. The curves will more or less even everything out anyway. I took the 27th and thought it was fine--it certainly wasn't as if it was covering material that people didn't know was fair game. Besides, there seems to be no shortage of people from both days who thought that their test was harder or unfair or whatever. No test is going to play to everybody's strengths, and unsurprisingly those people seem to become the vocal minority after the test gets administered.

Bleh. Who cares. The curves will more or less even everything out anyway. I took the 27th and thought it was fine--it certainly wasn't as if it was covering material that people didn't know was fair game. Besides, there seems to be no shortage of people from both days who thought that their test was harder or unfair or whatever. No test is going to play to everybody's strengths, and unsurprisingly those people seem to become the vocal minority after the test gets administered.

This. Well said!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that thought that the Friday test was a bit more challenging. I guess my freak outs were warranted. This waiting is killing me.:scared:

Trying to keep this thread alive. Clearly we all thought our test was difficult.. I am literally scared to see my score. Few more weeks :scared:

I hear ya. I came out of the test feeling like I got obliterated. My only consolation at this point is reading other threads where people came out of past MCAT's feeling similar, but ended up doing OK. I am just hoping for a score 'good enough' to get into a US med school.

Last edited:
I hear ya. I came out of the test feeling like I got obliterated. My only consolation at this point is reading other threads where people came out of past MCAT's feeling similar, but ended up doing OK. I am just hoping for a score 'good enough' to get into a US med school.

Yeah I am hoping for the same. I don't know if I could even go through it again. It was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. My outlook now is just try to enjoy the next few weeks and once I get my score take it from there. Nothing we can do now. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!