The Official 01/27/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Friday, January 27, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 8 a.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
.Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
^^^ hahah I am the same. Why is your predicted score much lower than practice averages? For me it was verbal, u?

AAMC:34
Actual:???
Predicted:27-30 (anticipated 7-8 on verbal)

F*** my god forsaken life.

Physical sciences is the reason for me. My average was a 13 for PS but I'll be happy to see a 9 tomorrow... What was your VR average in the AAMCs?

^^ Well I took the test on 1/28. My verbal average for AAMC was a 10.9. I consistently scored 12-13s on physical sciences on every single AAMC exam I took, never scored lower nor higher. Good Luck at 3 P.m. tomm. man. I took it once over the summer and ended up with a 30 (10/10/10). Hopefully we both score 34+ tomm. just like we have been doing on our practice exams!

Members don't see this ad :)
^^ Well I took the test on 1/28. My verbal average for AAMC was a 10.9. I consistently scored 12-13s on physical sciences on every single AAMC exam I took, never scored lower nor higher. Good Luck at 3 P.m. tomm. man. I took it once over the summer and ended up with a 30 (10/10/10). Hopefully we both score 34+ tomm. just like we have been doing on our practice exams!

Same to you too man. Just can't wait till tomorrow....

I really don't know how I should predict my scores. My AAMC averaged 28~29. I consistently scored a 12,13 for my PS on AAMC exam, but this time round, I just don't seem to finish off the PS section like how I always did during my practice. This waiting kills...

I really don't know how I should predict my scores. My AAMC averaged 28~29. I consistently scored a 12,13 for my PS on AAMC exam, but this time round, I just don't seem to finish off the PS section like how I always did during my practice. This waiting kills...

That's exactly what happened to me. And I keep hearing from others who took it on that date that they found the PS to be hard. Let's hope for a ridiculous curve :luck:

You suddenly get very religious when it's 8 a.m. and you'll be receiving your MCAT score in less than 7 hours...

Same :( I thought it was easier than all the other AAMC practice tests, but hopefully that won't jinx anything. A 25 or greater would be OK for me :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I went out an bought a lot of alcohol to lessen the blow after my 7/8 on verbal. FML.

Oh man I'll probably be getting drunk tonight too

Either to forget my sorrows or to celebrate. Either way I'll be getting drunk. Let's hope it's because of the latter :)

If I am not mistaking, the results came out around noon last year. Did anyone else recall the same?

Ahhh.. I can't pretend not to be counting every second for 2 more hours. This is how Romney must feel today!

Tears of joy, literally. My score is not that impressive, but it is good enough for me. This was my third and final time taking this test, and I am so glad, after 7 years, I can finally say it is over. I am absolutely shocked that my highest score was on PS (the section I felt the worst about).

AAMC Avg: 28
Actual: 28O (9V, 9BS, 10PS)

2005- 9V, 6BS, 7PS- 22P
2009- 9V, 6BS, 7PS- 22O

38P ;)

13v/12ps/13bs

I hardly did any preparation too lol, pretty much just reviewed basic equations and chem concepts for like a week or two and then took two practice tests the night before to see if i was ready... got 32 on both of em (aamc3, and aamc 7?), but i was racing thru and had alot of extra time and didnt check answers (also my dad kept printing **** on the printer and breakign my concentration). real thing i went slow, checked answers, and was just on POINT that morning.

I must say I've always been in the top few % of standardized exams, without fail tho, so its not too much of a shock. Kind of pissed about getting a P in writing tho, I thought my essays were really good... but they were short.

AAMC CBT AVG: 27 (This was over all months of studying)
LAST MCAT 2007: 21M (and a total destruction of self motivation)
1/27/2012: 31M (and I had to drive from New Orleans to Tyler, TX - WORTH IT!!!)

DIST VR/PS/BS 08/12/11

I keep refreshing to make sure my score doesn't change!

Last edited:
Tears of joy, literally. My score is not that impressive, but it is good enough for me. This was my third and final time taking this test, and I am so glad, after 7 years, I can finally say it is over. I am absolutely shocked that my highest score was on PS (the section I felt the worst about).

AAMC Avg: 28
Actual: 28O (9V, 9BS, 10PS)

2005- 9V, 6BS, 7PS- 22P
2009- 9V, 6BS, 7PS- 22O
I got a very similar score to you :) Obviously I was aiming for 30+ but I'll take a 28, since it's the average. I'm a retaker too so at least I can say it's finally over for me too. Good luck with the rest of your applications. :D

I am going to copy this post to SN2ed's thread as well. I'll put the part people care about at the top: 41S. 14/12/15 (P/V/B).

I used SN2ed's 4 month schedule plus an additional month with WikiPremed to improve my physics. Majored in molecular bio/biochemistry and did undergrad ochem research, so those areas required minimal study. Had no anatomy experience, was ok on genchem, and quite weak on physics. I thought TBR overall was great on ochem, good on genchem, not great on physics, and, well, I didn't use it for bio. EK's bio was perfect for someone with a good undergrad background. Additionally, I ended up doing 2/3 of the EK 1001's, which helped iron out any errors in the plug and chug type problems. I have no doubt that WikiPremed saved my PS score, plain and simple. Would recommend it to all. Oh, and writing, I didn't put any real practice into that one. Watched the WikiPremed video about it, skimmed TBR writing book, and wrote two practice essays a couple days before the test just to check the timing. I will say that I've always been a voracious reader and went to a school that emphasized writing for science majors, so those things undoubtedly helped. Oh, and lastly, standardized tests are always something I've enjoyed/been good at (SAT got me into college :/), so I think that helped me actually enjoy the studying process and keep calm during the real thing.

AAMCs (P/V/B):

#3: 38 (13/12/13)
#4: 37 (13/12/12)
#5: 40 (11/14/15)
#7: 39 (15/11/13)
#8: 41 (14/13/14)
#9: 41 (14/14/13)
#10: 37 (12/11/14)
#11: 41 (14/13/14)

All in all I couldn't be happier to put this behind me and move on to the next step of this painful process. I hope you all get great news today.

Last edited:
I am going to copy this post to SN2ed's thread as well. I'll put the part people care about at the top: 41S. 14/12/15 (P/V/B).

I used SN2ed's 4 month schedule plus an additional month with WikiPremed to improve my physics. Majored in molecular bio/biochemistry and did undergrad ochem research, so those areas required minimal study. Had no anatomy experience, was ok on genchem, and quite weak on physics. I thought TBR overall was great on ochem, good on genchem, not great on physics, and, well, I didn't use it for bio. EK's bio was perfect for someone with a good undergrad background. Additionally, I ended up doing 2/3 of the EK 1001's, which helped iron out any errors in the plug and chug type problems. I have no doubt that WikiPremed saved my PS score, plain and simple. Would recommend it to all. Oh, and writing, I didn't put any real practice into that one. Watched the WikiPremed video about it, skimmed TBR writing book, and wrote two practice essays a couple days before the test just to check the timing. I will say that I've always been a voracious reader and went to a school that emphasized writing for science majors, so those things undoubtedly helped. Oh, and lastly, standardized tests are always something I've enjoyed/been good at (SAT got me into college :/), so I think that helped me actually enjoy the studying process and keep calm during the real thing.

AAMCs (P/V/B):

#11: 14 (14/13/14)

All in all I couldn't be happier to put this behind me and move on to the next step of this painful process. I hope you all get great news today.

Holy ****

AAMC CBT AVG: 27 (This was over all months of studying)
LAST MCAT 2007: 21M (and a total destruction of self motivation)
1/27/2012: 31M (and I had to drive from New Orleans to Tyler, TX - WORTH IT!!!)

DIST VR/PS/BS 08/12/11

I keep refreshing to make sure my score doesn't change!

Wow, 10 point improvement, that is awesome! Yeah, I would agree that the drive was definitely worth it for you!

I got a very similar score to you :) Obviously I was aiming for 30+ but I'll take a 28, since it's the average. I'm a retaker too so at least I can say it's finally over for me too. Good luck with the rest of your applications. :D

Thanks Vicky! And congrats to you on a respectable score. Likewise, good luck on your apps, I am sure you will get in!

AAMC average 34-42
Actual 37L, never took the writing section during the practice tests. Guess it shows lololol

AAMCs (P/V/B):

#11: 41 (14/13/14)

lol this was one of the only people that posted a month ago about his test "test didn't seem too bad" everyone else was like...OMG I FAILED NOOo. A guess a 41 isnt too bad ;p

Hey guys I need some advice.This is my first time taking the MCAT and i ended up getting a 27.Im my practice exams I was averaging a 6 on verbal and ended up getting a 6 on the real thing.I was averaging 10's on physical section and ended up getting an 8.I dont know if I should retake because Im not sure if my score can go up by that much and im scared my verbal will go down.What do you recommend?

I'm glad I was not impulsive enough to register for the next test!

Actual: 31Q (10/11/10)
AAMC: 28~29
Last MCAT on 06/16/2011: 25M (11/6/8)

Maybe not that impressive for some...but it is literally tears of joy for me.

Hey guys I need some advice.This is my first time taking the MCAT and i ended up getting a 27.Im my practice exams I was averaging a 6 on verbal and ended up getting a 6 on the real thing.I was averaging 10's on physical section and ended up getting an 8.I dont know if I should retake because Im not sure if my score can go up by that much and im scared my verbal will go down.What do you recommend?

I strongly recommend you to retake. Verbal scores can definitely go up if you try hard enough. I'm a living example. I scored a 6 on my last MCAT verbal. I picked myself up and tried real hard, now I end up with a 11. :)