The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is the studying going for everyone.?? i still have some more chapters to review....-_-

How is the studying going for everyone.?? i still have some more chapters to review....-_-

Pretty swell >_>...I'm gonna use the couple weeks that I'm ahead by in order to review chads or wikipremeds videos for PS. Then I'll move on to practice exams

Pretty swell >_>...I'm gonna use the couple weeks that I'm ahead by in order to review chads or wikipremeds videos for PS. Then I'll move on to practice exams

im dreading reviewing gen chem and physics....are you gonna try and do both or just one?

i did Wikipremed for optics and it was good but wayyyy too long

hey...at least your done w/ content review right? and how were you able to find a spot so quickly?

Yeah, I'm glad I feel that the science is still fresh in my mind. I also TA for biology so the bio concepts (mostly memorization) are still kept fresh...

Now for the 2 months of verbal verbal verbal practice... the bane of my medical school acceptances.

im dreading reviewing gen chem and physics....are you gonna try and do both or just one?

i did Wikipremed for optics and it was good but wayyyy too long

Surprisingly I'm looking forward to it. It's about time I nail these pesky PS problems so I'll be the one raping them from now on...not the other way around. That's the spirit you should go with :) tame the beast don't fear it

And to answer your question, I'll be doing all of physics but only select parts of gen chem

I'm retaking on the 28th too. Slowly easing into studying using the SN2ED plan. I took it last July so the material is still fairly fresh.

Are any other retakers interviewing at the moment and hoping for a last minute stay of mcat execution? I'm on two wait lists and have 3 more interviews in the next two weeks.

Good luck all!

So i got an acceptance despite my garbage MCAT score so I am happy to say I am withdrawing from this club! Good luck to you all, take the MCAT seriously, it is hard.

My best advice to everyone is to study hard for 3 months MAX, don't burn yourselves out. Also, don't use Kaplan. BR is much better. I'm going to put my SN2ED set up for sale if anyone is interested just PM me.

Good luck, skin the 'CAT!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I order TBR exams today will it take time to get to me? Like how long do those take?

BR FL covers 45 days access.

If you mail the form out tonight with (either credit card or cashier check), depends on where you live, hope that the letter arrive at Berkeley, Calif, say Tuesday morning 3/13. DON'T SEND CHECK, IT TAKES FOREVER :mad:

Call them Monday AND Tuesday to track if the letter arrives. Request to activate your account immediately or ASAP. You may just lose a day or so.

It seemed to me, based on my experience that Berkeley activate customer accounts in batches according to test date. I could be wrong.

Anyway, if they get your letter with credit card info & they know about your test date, you should be good to go Wednesday. :)

P.S. They will send to you an email with login and password info. Be sure to check your junk mail folder especially if you use your university email account. A lot of school firewall think the Berkeley is either spam or junk.

BR FL covers 45 days access.

If you mail the form out tonight with (either credit card or cashier check), depends on where you live, hope that the letter arrive at Berkeley, Calif, say Tuesday morning 3/13. DON'T SEND CHECK, IT TAKES FOREVER :mad:

Call them Monday AND Tuesday to track if the letter arrives. Request to activate your account immediately or ASAP. You may just lose a day or so.

It seemed to me, based on my experience that Berkeley activate customer accounts in batches according to test date. I could be wrong.

Anyway, if they get your letter with credit card info & they know about your test date, you should be good to go Wednesday. :)

P.S. They will send to you an email with login and password info. Be sure to check your junk mail folder especially if you use your university email account. A lot of school firewall think the Berkeley is either spam or junk.

Ooooooh ok-Thanks!
I just kinda napped the last four hours off so I guess I'll send it Monday. I know I'll lose some of the 45-day access but as long as I'll have it by test date, I'll be ok.

Hey guys, hopping on April train with yall
Hope everyone is on the right track for this exam!

For me, I am starting FL next week, about 2~3 FL a week...push hard!!

So far, my content review has been
Bio - 90% done
Orgo - 100% done
GenChem - 80% done
Physics - 40% done ( Just got TBR book I will thoroughly review)
Verbal - Finished EK book, but still not acing a good solid 9+... will further practice with Kaplan + AAMC + TBR + PR

Let's keep it up!! 50 days!!

So you guys must be almost done with content right?

yeah ive just been stuck on electrostatics for the past 3 days and can't seem to finish this..after this i have to review

fluids
energy
momentum
kinematics

equilibrium
skim acid base, trends

start re-reading ek bio

review o chem because im pretty sure i don't remember any of the reactions we were supposed to memorize

Then ill take a practice test
hoping that will take a week or two....hoping its just a week

what are you guys planning on reviewing before taking your practice test?

I def. plan on reviewing my bio index cards before I start taking practice tests!

...and making sure I have all those physics equations down

ahhh one more week before I'm done with content crap...can't wait for content stuff to be over and done with!!

yeah ive just been stuck on electrostatics for the past 3 days and can't seem to finish this..after this i have to review

fluids
energy
momentum
kinematics

equilibrium
skim acid base, trends

start re-reading ek bio

review o chem because im pretty sure i don't remember any of the reactions we were supposed to memorize

Then ill take a practice test
hoping that will take a week or two....hoping its just a week

what are you guys planning on reviewing before taking your practice test?

I'm spending the next week thoroughly reviewing each PS section (watching videos, ek 1001, and re working phase 1 and 2 for the chapters) and then I'll just review my notes for bio + orgo because I took some pretty good notes the first time around and BS section is my strong point. I've already "finished" content review but I want to revisit it so my first FL wont be an utter failure. Hoping I can get this done within 1 week - and it should be possible if I stay focused and on schedule (day 1 of this power review was yesterday and it was long and tedious but went well) The way I look at it, I'm about 3 weeks ahead of schedule so I'm not trying to rush myself and miss out...yay for spring break + no social life :laugh:

Did anyone here order the TBR exams? Which set did you order? I'm tryna look it up online but I really wanna send in the order today and the post office closes in an hour :(

Did anyone here order the TBR exams? Which set did you order? I'm tryna look it up online but I really wanna send in the order today and the post office closes in an hour :(

If you have already been the post office, then it does not matter.

Anyway, it may help you some down the road.

The following is some info I post on anothre April test thread.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The following is from a thread dated3/2/11 from a SDN member BerkReviewTeach:
He compared the 7 BR FL exams.

BR1 - PS (difficult), VR (easy), BS (medium)
BR2 - PS (medium), VR (hard), BS (medium)
BR3 - PS (difficult), VR (difficult), BS (difficult)
BR4 - PS (medium), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR5 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR6 - PS (semi-easy), VR (medium), BS (medium)
BR7 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)

I ordered BR 1-5 (set #2) because due to poor plan, we can only have time to do 5 BR FL for the 3/24/12 test.

Hope that helps :)

If anyone in the Kentucky/Tennessee area is considering changing their 4/28 test date, please let me know so I can take your spot! Not trying to drive 5 hours away!

If you have already been the post office, then it does not matter.

Anyway, it may help you some down the road.

The following is some info I post on anothre April test thread.
The following is from a thread dated3/2/11 from a SDN member BerkReviewTeach:
He compared the 7 BR FL exams.

BR1 - PS (difficult), VR (easy), BS (medium)
BR2 - PS (medium), VR (hard), BS (medium)
BR3 - PS (difficult), VR (difficult), BS (difficult)
BR4 - PS (medium), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR5 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)
BR6 - PS (semi-easy), VR (medium), BS (medium)
BR7 - PS (hard), VR (medium), BS (hard)

I ordered BR 1-5 (set #2) because due to poor plan, we can only have time to do 5 BR FL for the 3/24/12 test.

Hope that helps :)

Yea, I ordered the same set today. I needed to be realistic with myself-theres no way that I can get those seven tests plus all the practice stuffs I have racked up by this test date. I just hope I did the order form and money order right. I'm actually nervous about having messed that up haha

Thank you so much though!

Yea, I ordered the same set today. I needed to be realistic with myself-theres no way that I can get those seven tests plus all the practice stuffs I have racked up by this test date. I just hope I did the order form and money order right. I'm actually nervous about having messed that up haha

Thank you so much though!

Well, call them on Tuesday AND Wednesday. The gentleman on the phone I talked to was very patient and friendly. If you give them the advance notice to be sure they are on the same page with you, I don't see why you would not be on line the coming Saturday for your 1st BR FL test.

Oh, when you talk to them, be sure to confirm your email address. Sometimes, it is difficult to see on paper. They messed up ours & we were luck to catch it on time.

Best wishes to you :thumbup:

Well, call them on Tuesday AND Wednesday. The gentleman on the phone I talked to was very patient and friendly. If you give them the advance notice to be sure they are on the same page with you, I don't see why you would not be on line the coming Saturday for your 1st BR FL test.

Oh, when you talk to them, be sure to confirm your email address. Sometimes, it is difficult to see on paper. They messed up ours & we were luck to catch it on time.

Best wishes to you :thumbup:

Again, thanks a million!!

just changed my date from 3/24 to 4/28 and hopefully this extra few weeks will get me out of my aamc FL score rut.

I have my biology and physics exams coming up in may which I've been self studying for, for about a year. If I pass, I'm that much closer to getting into medical school.

Good luck to all you making the mcat!

I'm almost done with content review even though I'm scoring badly.

Orgo - 90% (Feel about 60%)
G-Chem - 90% (Feel about 50%)
Bio - 90% (Feel about 70% - Genetics and Reproductive = wtf)
Physics - 60% (Feel about 20%)
Verbal - 7

Oh no, I'm ****ed for 4/28....I've been doing TPR, but you guys are using TBR...I have them and it's really good...

im thinking next week but im super scared that its going to be sub 30s and thats just gonna be devastating...you?

I'm thinking the same depending on how my review week ends. Either way we have the option of either starting next Sunday or the Sunday after that (25th) and still having plenty of time for FL's. And yes I'm really worried about getting sub 30 :x

I'm thinking the same depending on how my review week ends. Either way we have the option of either starting next Sunday or the Sunday after that (25th) and still having plenty of time for FL's. And yes I'm really worried about getting sub 30 :x

i saw on the chad/wikipremed you were using chad are you reviewing TBR at all? and thanks i think i may buy chads videos tom

I already went through tbr so what I'm doing is doing chads videos, reviewing my notes for that tbr chapter and re working passages because I forgot nearly all of them so it's almost like doing them brand new
Edit: I'm also making flash cards as I go along (better late than never?) and I review them all every night before bed. Going HAM from now on! Haha

I already went through tbr so what I'm doing is doing chads videos, reviewing my notes for that tbr chapter and re working passages because I forgot nearly all of them so it's almost like doing them brand new
Edit: I'm also making flash cards as I go along (better late than never?) and I review them all every night before bed. Going HAM from now on! Haha

Deeeyyuuuuuummm putting me to shame bro loool fuuu im totally getting sub 30

reviewing g chem all over again is going to be super annoying dont remember any of that stuff

same for o chem i just remember reading it lolll

Surprisingly I'm looking forward to it. It's about time I nail these pesky PS problems so I'll be the one raping them from now on...not the other way around. That's the spirit you should go with :) tame the beast don't fear it

And to answer your question, I'll be doing all of physics but only select parts of gen chem

Not acceptable word choice under any circumstances.

I've been guilty of saying stuff like this in the past, but seriously...

Not acceptable word choice under any circumstances.

I've been guilty of saying stuff like this in the past, but seriously...

I'm going to rape it in the butt hole while it begs for mercy and shouts in pain but no one is around to hear it.

Better?

And this is why crap like 'cultural sensitivity' is going to be tested on the mcat.

I live under the rock that acknowledges that the issue exists and doesn't make light of it. Maybe having friends that have been raped and knowing a person that had to have an abortion due to rape might have something to do with it.

But the likely answer is that I live under a rock. Or maybe that's you.

Oh noes. Wait gaiz. That's teh lulz.

/shrug

Last edited:
And this is why crap like 'cultural sensitivity' is going to be tested on the mcat.

I live under the rock that acknowledges that the issue exists and doesn't make light of it. Maybe having friends that have been raped and knowing a person that had to have an abortion due to rape might have something to do with it.

But the likely answer is that I live under a rock. Or maybe that's you.

Oh noes. Wait gaiz. That's teh lulz.

/shrug

Yeah they also want doctors that have a sense of humor and can distinguish when someone means something seriously and doesn't. Having a social life helps with that one and unfortunately that can't be tested. Get off your high horse.
Edit: also enough with spamming the thread with your nonsense, this isn't the place. If you have a problem with something your free to PM me about it.

Last edited:
Yeah they also want doctors that have a sense of humor and can distinguish when someone means something seriously and doesn't. Having a social life helps with that one and unfortunately that can't be tested. Get off your high horse.
Edit: also enough with spamming the thread with your nonsense, this isn't the place. If you have a problem with something your free to PM me about it.

Zing. Totally felt that one. Nice ad hominems.

But nope. I've voice what needed to be voiced. Carry on as you see fit. Pm'ing you would be an exercise in futility.

And back to the real world, aka who the eff brought in crack. I mean girl scout cookies.

And back to the real world, aka who the eff brought in crack. I mean girl scout cookies.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

those samoas or whatever the hell they're calling the purple box these days im convinced have crack sprinkled all up in them, on them, around them, and all of the above