The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

New game plan 4/28'ers: everyone get a 14/9/14 so we can bitch about retakes Next month

If I got that score I will seriously never even apply to medical school because my life would make no sense what so ever.

I would be running naked in the middle of the freeway or something.

I would come on student doc every single day flaunting my scores.

Just took AAMC 11. This was by far the most difficult of the AAMC's in my opinion, and I've taken all of them

Kinda surprised by how I did compared to how awful I thought I did.

P8 V7 B 6 = 21

My AAMC grades in order taken:

#3 P6 V4 B6 (16)
#4 P9 V8 B7 (24)
#5 P8 V6 B4 (18)
#7 P6 V4 B5 (15)
#8 P6 V6 B7 (19)
#9 P8 V6 B6 (20)
#10 P8 V7 B8 (23)
#11 P8 V7 B6 (21)

I finished the entire EK verbal book. Did all of the TPR verbal online (30 passages). Did other verbal prep on the TPR site (15 passages or so). Did most of the 1001's.

Basically followed SN2's program to a 95% accuracy.

Your score is pretty much what I have been getting. For whatever reason, I can't break those 8's unless I go back AFTER the exam and fix my stupid mistakes. At this point, my attitude...eff it. lets hope that I get my best scores on all sections. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just took AAMC 11. This was by far the most difficult of the AAMC's in my opinion, and I've taken all of them

Kinda surprised by how I did compared to how awful I thought I did.

P8 V7 B 6 = 21

My AAMC grades in order taken:

#3 P6 V4 B6 (16)
#4 P9 V8 B7 (24)
#5 P8 V6 B4 (18)
#7 P6 V4 B5 (15)
#8 P6 V6 B7 (19)
#9 P8 V6 B6 (20)
#10 P8 V7 B8 (23)
#11 P8 V7 B6 (21)

I finished the entire EK verbal book. Did all of the TPR verbal online (30 passages). Did other verbal prep on the TPR site (15 passages or so). Did most of the 1001's.

Basically followed SN2's program to a 95% accuracy.

no offense but you should think about delaying if you're scoring in the low 20's on the practice exams. this way you have more team to brush up on your content and weak areas

Fuuuck man Princeton review is talking forever to grade my essays and the only response I have was like your essay is too short. I guess these ****ers just want you to spew a **** load of information. SMH.

Honestly who cares about the writing sample? As long as you break N your fine. Especially now that they are removing it all together next year.

****ing got a 26/40 on EK13, should have been a clear 28! (9)

Alright guys, this is it. AAMC11 tomorrow, I reviewed ALL of TBR GChem, Physics this weekend. Didn't review any Bio though, at all...and I need to re-read the sections on NMR from TBR Orgo... and Thursday+Friday = all day passages and Verbal! Let's do it!

ZZZ Settin' my sleep schedule for 9 AM tomo.

Last edited:
im so over studying for this test

i just dont care anymore...reviewing equilibrium reminds me why i DREADED studying for this test.

How much are you guys studying per day now?

I'm at about 2 hours per day :D

Sigh...Suns got knocked out. Poor nash :(

Members don't see this ad :)
How much are you guys studying per day now?

I'm at about 2 hours per day :D

Sigh...Suns got knocked out. Poor nash :(

same lol its the suns bro they weren't gonna get past the spurs anyway. i have a feeling if miami loses this year which i think they will he might go there...or maybe baron davis for nash LOL

i haven't taken aamc 10 dont think i will prob just gonna take 11

what do you guys think take 10 or just take 11? and review after 11

I've taken all of the practice tests at least once before about a year ago or so. My main question is do you think my latest scores are an accurate reflection of my capability or does having taken these tests before GREATLY skew the results. I can honestly tell you that I feel that I dont remember virtually any of the science passages and some of the verbal passages I remember the topic but I swear it works to more of a disadvantage because if I even do remember the passage topic I am second guessing myself even more about whether or not I remeber a certain answer (and usually get those questions wrong!---I did this on the most recent test I took yesterday with a VR score of 10).

AAMC 3 7P 8V 8B 23O :-(
AAMC4 9P 9V 10B 28O
AAMC5 13P 13V 10B 36O (Untimed)
AAMC7 7P 10V 10B 29O
AAAMC8 11P 12V 11B 34O
AAMC9 14P 12V 9B 35O
AMC10 12P 10V 12B 34O

Studying/reviewing today, AAMC11 tomorrow. Light review on Fri. Big day SAT!

AAMC3 was before I even really started to study again. My main question is if taking the AAMC tests before skews the likelihood that your practice scores will reflect your actual scores then why did I score so poorly on AAMC3 when I have taken it before? In a way I'm glad I scored so poorly on that test because it shows my progress and more importantly it shows that taking the practice tests before doesn't really skew your scores THAT much (because if it did I should've scored much better).

What do you guys think?

same lol its the suns bro they weren't gonna get past the spurs anyway. i have a feeling if miami loses this year which i think they will he might go there...or maybe baron davis for nash LOL

i haven't taken aamc 10 dont think i will prob just gonna take 11

what do you guys think take 10 or just take 11? and review after 11

Take 11 and review. I'm skipping 10 to do that.

had to rub my eyes and reread what i saw in the 3/24 forum someone was wondering if they should retake a 36?! LOOOOOL

How do you guys feel about taking an energy drink right before the exam?

I'm gonna do a 5 hr energy right before the test, then pop a caffeine pill right before the writing sample so it kicks in for the bio sci. I wouldn't do an energy drink because then you'll have to peeeeeeee.

I'm gonna do a 5 hr energy right before the test, then pop a caffeine pill right before the writing sample so it kicks in for the bio sci. I wouldn't do an energy drink because then you'll have to peeeeeeee.

You should do whatever you think you need to do but...a 5 hour energy + caffeine pills seem extreme? Are you afraid you're going to fall asleep during the MCAT? I'm so nervous and jittery right now and it's 3 days before. I highly doubt you'll need all that extra stimulation to get through the test. Don't do anything that's out of the ordinary. But then again maybe you're taking a 5 hour energy and caffeine pills during your practice tests?

You should do whatever you think you need to do but...a 5 hour energy + caffeine pills seem extreme? Are you afraid you're going to fall asleep during the MCAT? I'm so nervous and jittery right now and it's 3 days before. I highly doubt you'll need all that extra stimulation to get through the test. Don't do anything that's out of the ordinary. But then again maybe you're taking a 5 hour energy and caffeine pills during your practice tests?

Yes, what I have suggested is actually quite minimal.

I will be seeking treatment after the MCAT for caffeine addition.

anyone here watch its always sunny?

if you have know this

I'm getting ready to peak so hard on saturday its not even funny

Feeling nervous about AAMC11. I'm getting so much wrong on the Q&A Forum, questions everywhere...I don't feel good at all.

PS: ****. **** **** ****. I have no idea what is going on, I guessed on SO MANY QUESTIONS. I won't post the questions but holy god I am hoping my ass off for a 9, at least. My god what the **** happened? The MCAT is harder than this? I was so nervous and I didn't remember anything at all, I didn't know so much here. FUCJASKLDJALKS****ASHDASJH

VR: Actually not that bad, I didn't mark anything, and ended exactly on time. The passages were okay to handle, but that usually means I did very badly. So I'm giving myself about an 8, that should do it. Still so ****ing scared over PS....but the break means I get to relax before WS and BS! I havent reviewed BS....uh oh. ****ing PS WAS SO HARD WHY.

WS: 2nd essay was mad hard, what the hell!

PS: Computer is freezing, internet is slow. Good, I need my time killed: I didn't understand the first passage. What the **** at ebola, and a majority of these passages? **** LIFE. **** IT. I hate it, I don't understand any of this ****. I'm done. I ended with 16 mins left, just clicking whatever. **** it.

pEgQo.png

My lowest score so far. If this were my MCAT, down and out for MD/PhD schools for good. In state pretty much only. Did better than expected on PS, worse than expected--but definitely glad--on VR (was thinking a solid 10 TBH), and moderately for Bio.

Depression sets in.

Hey everyone, I promised myself I'd stay off SDN until after my test, but I wanted to drop by and wish everyone good luck.

Don't let anxiety get the best of you. I learned the hard way that it is the real enemy of your practice average.

yeah i think Im going to take an amp or a rock star right before the exam. What's the deal with snacks though? I have a very fast metabolism n every 3-4 hours I need to eat something or Imma end up passing out:scared: lol...You're allowed to eat snacks during the breaks????

****ING READING MISTAKES. ****ING READING MISTAKES, AGAIN.

I could have gotten a 34 but NOOOO, I had to be a ****ing idiot and make a ton of reading mistakes. GodDAMNIT.

In PS, I could have gotten a 13--just a few simple reading error, one math incalc; nitric oxide. FFFFFF.
In BS; I had no idea what was going on, but glad I did so.
VR; I scraped a 9, so I'm pretty glad about that.
****balls.

Last edited:
I'm just going to bring a bottle of water. I usually go to bathroom break after each section during the FLs, then take a sip of water. I don't even eat snack bars or whatever. Just eat a good lunch around 11am, not too much.

At this moment, for me, the scare of MCAT is not as big as the scare of getting a cold or a flu right now. A lot of people around me are getting sick due to weather fluctuation, and I feel like my throat is itching. That's not a good sign :scared::(

I could have gotten a 34 but NOOOO, I had to be a ****ing idiot and make a ton of reading mistakes. GodDAMNIT.

In PS, I could have gotten a 13--just a few simple reading error, one math incalc; nitric oxide. FFFFFF.
****balls.

I feel you...I made so many dumb mistakes in PS for #11.
There were 2 ridiculous Bio passages.
Good job on Verbal though!

Feeling nervous about AAMC11. I'm getting so much wrong on the Q&A Forum, questions everywhere...I don't feel good at all.

PS: ****. **** **** ****. I have no idea what is going on, I guessed on SO MANY QUESTIONS. I won't post the questions but holy god I am hoping my ass off for a 9, at least. My god what the **** happened? The MCAT is harder than this? I was so nervous and I didn't remember anything at all, I didn't know so much here. FUCJASKLDJALKS****ASHDASJH

VR: Actually not that bad, I didn't mark anything, and ended exactly on time. The passages were okay to handle, but that usually means I did very badly. So I'm giving myself about an 8, that should do it. Still so ****ing scared over PS....but the break means I get to relax before WS and BS! I havent reviewed BS....uh oh. ****ing PS WAS SO HARD WHY.

WS: 2nd essay was mad hard, what the hell!

PS: Computer is freezing, internet is slow. Good, I need my time killed: I didn't understand the first passage. What the **** at ebola, and a majority of these passages? **** LIFE. **** IT. I hate it, I don't understand any of this ****. I'm done. I ended with 16 mins left, just clicking whatever. **** it.

pEgQo.png

My lowest score so far. If this were my MCAT, down and out for MD/PhD schools for good. In state pretty much only. Did better than expected on PS, worse than expected--but definitely glad--on VR (was thinking a solid 10 TBH), and moderately for Bio.

Depression sets in.

**** man aamc 11 is that much harder huh? this suuuucks still pretty decent score tho and 32 can get you into a MSTP program

yeah i think Im going to take an amp or a rock star right before the exam. What's the deal with snacks though? I have a very fast metabolism n every 3-4 hours I need to eat something or Imma end up passing out:scared: lol...You're allowed to eat snacks during the breaks????

For every practice test I get those starbucks espresso doubleshot energy drinks. Its the 16oz one. And I sip it throughout the test. My idea would be to drink a little before the test, then a sip or two at the breaks for constant dose. I will try to have less than normal since caffeine makes me piss like a river. Actual once BIO comes I have to pee so often lol. SO idk, I never get hungry, im usually to in the zone. I would think a banana but people say they make you tied?

I'm sure the adrenalin rush from the actual test will be enough. I would think we wold be fight or flight mode

Gotta love that ol ADH puttin' makin our bladders work overtime. But yeah I got you, I usually don't get hungry till the beginning of the Bio section so I should be fine.

could just wear a diaper, and according to wikipedia, "urinate on oneself discreetly."

I might actualy, **** it. ITS THE MCAT

****balls.

story of my life

**** man aamc 11 is that much harder huh? this suuuucks still pretty decent score tho and 32 can get you into a MSTP program

It is harder, let me tell you that. I found 9 and 10 to be ridiculously easy (even if 10 was a retake, I did the same calculations and everything and whatever). 11 was harder, except verbal was easier than 10 - and I still did worse (by one question). BS was out of this world harder than 10. Holy ****, I don't even know how I got right the ones I got right. Prepare accordingly.

32 is bottom end of the bottomest end of MSTP acceptances, I think, as 34 was considered "okay" to get in. I'm aiming to stay in NY, but if this was my actual MCAT, no MD/PhD, only MD. Heavily OOS MD/PhD though.

I could have gotten 13/9/12. One more in Verbal was 13/10/12. My perfect score. Hell, I'd've taken 12/10/12. That is adequate for me.

**** of action you got me worried. Also, I wish I could kick my own ass for waiting until today to start working on the writing section

RIGHT? THE **** WAS THAT! 7>8<<<<<9<10 in terms of easiness. 9 was so easy, wow. 11 was a kick in my face and my pants, and the organic--there was like 10 total questions, and wow they were so easy, **** it. I got 2 wrong because I misread the question prompt.

32 is bottom end of the bottomest end of MSTP acceptances, I think, as 34 was considered "okay" to get in. I'm aiming to stay in NY, but if this was my actual MCAT, no MD/PhD, only MD. Heavily OOS MD/PhD though.

I saw your post in the other subforum. You're overreacting right now dude. Remember, it's not 100% chance that you'll get the same difficulty level on your real deal. Luck plays a lot of role on the test day too. Besides, you've scored somewhere as high as 37 and you should feel assured with that man. After all, these practice tests just establish a range for us to estimate, which means if you can go as far as 37, there's a possibility you can score as high as 37.

I saw your post in the other subforum. You're overreacting right now dude. Remember, it's not 100% chance that you'll get the same difficulty level on your real deal. Luck plays a lot of role on the test day too. Besides, you've scored somewhere as high as 37 and you should feel assured with that man. After all, these practice tests just establish a range for us to estimate, which means if you can go as far as 37, there's a possibility you can score as high as 37.

Unless verbal f.ucks us over.

My verbal scores are at an all time low. Pretty sure I'll have to retake cause of them :mad:

Unless verbal f.ucks us over.

My verbal scores are at an all time low. Pretty sure I'll have to retake cause of them :mad:

I'm no where better than you. I've got a 4 on VR once and been stuck at 6. There are only a few days left. I feel like staying optimistic and praying are the only two things I can do now.

Btw, keep your head up man ! We never know.

At this moment, for me, the scare of MCAT is not as big as the scare of getting a cold or a flu right now. A lot of people around me are getting sick due to weather fluctuation, and I feel like my throat is itching. That's not a good sign :scared::(

Been taking 10g vit-c every day till the test. Better safe than sorry

AAHHHHHH!!!!
Just finished AAMC11!
You guys might laugh but I'm thrilled that I got a 30!!! 9/10/11
PS: ran out of time! ugghhhh wtf are with these passages :mad:
VR: Not too bad.. Finally got a 10 in VR!!!!!!:soexcited:
BS: I literally wanted to cry doing this section. Realize that my knowledge in micro is very very weak. No idea how I managed an 11 after guessing on like an entire passage lolol:D

I haven't checked yet for any reading mistakes, calculation errors, or stupid mistakes (that I always seem to make). Nonetheless, I'm glad because it may not seem much but from where I started (got a 23 on aamc3 4 weeks ago) I've come a long way! Plus everyone seems to say that aamc11 is most representative of how the actual mcat will be like.
Hoping this VR luck will come with me this Saturday...

We can do this 4/28ers!!!!! There's much hope!

AAHHHHHH!!!!
Just finished AAMC11!
You guys might laugh but I'm thrilled that I got a 30!!! 9/10/11
PS: ran out of time! ugghhhh wtf are with these passages :mad:
VR: Not too bad.. Finally got a 10 in VR!!!!!!:soexcited:
BS: I literally wanted to cry doing this section. Realize that my knowledge in micro is very very weak. No idea how I managed an 11 after guessing on like an entire passage lolol:D

I haven't checked yet for any reading mistakes, calculation errors, or stupid mistakes (that I always seem to make). Nonetheless, I'm glad because it may not seem much but from where I started (got a 23 on aamc3 4 weeks ago) I've come a long way! Plus everyone seems to say that aamc11 is most representative of how the actual mcat will be like.
Hoping this VR luck will come with me this Saturday...

We can do this 4/28ers!!!!! There's much hope!

Awesome job! :D:D