The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

er...figured it out. Reviewing specific concepts like titrations etc tonight, then watching a movie before bed. gonna wake up on time tomorrow and look over my notes from past AAMC's so I don't make similar mistakes on the real deal.

I'm getting more and more nervous as time passes. The more I review, the more stuff I realize I need to go over again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting more and more nervous as time passes. The more I review, the more stuff I realize I need to go over again.

Your probably better off just putting it down and getting it out of your head. At this point your psyching yourself out more than anything and probably doing more damage than good

Same! I forgot basic sh.it (how many NADHs are produced and when they're produced) cause the AAMCs had easy questions when it came to concepts. they were only tough when you had to apply it to a passage. oh well, hopefully we don't need to know too many details..

Same feeling I'm having right now. But I'm gonna force myself to just calm down and stop studying anymore. Relaxing before tomorrow should help. You don't want to keep looking over stuff and become more and more stressed.

Folks,

I know based on the traffic on this thread, this team will top the Jan & Mar crews to send more teammates to the 30+ thread.:clap::clap::bow:

Very Good Luck to All of You :luck::thumbup::thumbup:

F.uck relaxing! I still haven't read the optics chapter :D

I keep telling myself I'll do it later...and keep pushing it off. it's so fuc.king boring

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I'm doing :)

I just finished golfing 18 too, lol.

I promised myself I would only google and look at note cards today.

Lol nice what'd you shoot?

F.uck relaxing! I still haven't read the optics chapter :D

I keep telling myself I'll do it later...and keep pushing it off. it's so fuc.king boring

lol that chapter took me like 4 days to do but i think im good as long as i don't forget the formulae

Lol nice what'd you shoot?

lol that chapter took me like 4 days to do but i think im good as long as i don't forget the formulae

Meh seems pretty simple. Just don't feel like learning it (i saw maybe 5 lens/mirrors total from all of the AAMCs)

Same feeling I'm having right now. But I'm gonna force myself to just calm down and stop studying anymore. Relaxing before tomorrow should help. You don't want to keep looking over stuff and become more and more stressed.

Your probably better off just putting it down and getting it out of your head. At this point your psyching yourself out more than anything and probably doing more damage than good

Yeah I have given up studying. Couldn't cram anything into my head anyway under this nervous mood.

Anyone know if we need planks constant, k, etc memorized? Or just the basics like c=3x10^8 and the angles and stuff?
It's always given in the AAMC FLs so I'm assuming we don't need to memorize it.

its 4:30 here and nothing is really sticking i think im gonna officially close the books....never done this for finals or midterms but i think its time to close these books cuz im looking at equations that i use to be able to repeat in my sleep and now im questioning whether i know them or not......anxiety smfh

how about everyone else?

its 4:30 here and nothing is really sticking i think im gonna officially close the books....never done this for finals or midterms but i think its time to close these books cuz im looking at equations that i use to be able to repeat in my sleep and now im questioning whether i know them or not......anxiety smfh

how about everyone else?

7:30 here. Iv been feeling the same way since yesterday lol

Averaging 4/7 on most TBR passages. Doing last TPR Verbal, then a small Bio, then I'm done for the night.

Iv been perfectly calm all day. It's 8:30 and my blood pressure just shot through the roof. *panic attack*

Yeah i finished reviewing most of my bio/genchem/physics notes and then realized i didn't go over half the ochem reactions. i don't know anything about ochem but lately have been getting lucky. i've been getting 90% or more of the ochem questions right, but it's all luck. i don't know any reacitons - aldol, claissen, hoffman, etc. nope. dont know any of those. might try to learn them tonight :D

Yeah i finished reviewing most of my bio/genchem/physics notes and then realized i didn't go over half the ochem reactions. i don't know anything about ochem but lately have been getting lucky. i've been getting 90% or more of the ochem questions right, but it's all luck. i don't know any reacitons - aldol, claissen, hoffman, etc. nope. dont know any of those. might try to learn them tonight :D

I'm going over ochem now and I did it last night also. It's not helping now and I doubt that it did much help yesterday. I got lucky on AAMC 11 but not so lucky on 10 I fudged up orgo pretty bad. It's definitely a hit or miss for me right now. Physics and gen chem I focused on during the past 2 weeks and I'm just praying I get passages I like in bio (eg-hormones, immunology, cardio, etc.) as long as I don't get a whole passage with questions based on glycolysis and the Krebs cycle or a whole lot of epidemiology I think I'll be okay

OMG just got home from a long day going around NYC and NJ :(
But calm and collected though, so no worries :cool: gonna go over my notecards and aamc notes one final time before I call it a night. Goodluck everyone!! You've all been amazing study partners and I wouldn't have you guys any other way :love:

Naked pics.

:thumbup::thumbup::p

Damn you guys all got to travel to your test sites. Mines a quick subway ride lol. Anyway gl make that cat purr.

20/40 on TPR passages.

At this point I don't want to take the MCAT. **** it.

Lol bro chilllll out I stopped nothing's going to stick at this point. It's not like a midterm or final you can't cram for this **** it's wayyyyy too much.

Y'all ready to go HAAAAM Tom?

20/40 on TPR passages.

At this point I don't want to take the MCAT. **** it.

You never know what's gunna happen don't get discouraged. And if it's any consolation you can't possibly do worse than I did the first time lol. I'm forced to retake solely because of my verbal score (5) when I was averaging 10-11 on the practice tests.

Just take it and see how it goes. You never know! Hope is not lost :)

Lol bro chilllll out I stopped nothing's going to stick at this point. It's not like a midterm or final you can't cram for this **** it's wayyyyy too much.

Y'all ready to go HAAAAM Tom?

F.UCK ALL Y'ALL. i've been cramming a lot. feel like i've learned a good amount today (but i love cramming. that's just how i roll)

Well ladies and gents, it's been a nice day of masturbation and watching star wars.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you all do just a tiny bit worse than me (you know, for the curve).

Well ladies and gents, it's been a nice day of masturbation and watching star wars.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you all do just a tiny bit worse than me (you know, for the curve).

The curves are based on the previous years scores on each passage. Everyone doing horrible on this exam is going to do nothing for you. The curve is already predetermined. You wanna pray you get passages people did horrible on last year and you do good on them.

The curves are based on the previous years scores on each passage. Everyone doing horrible on this exam is going to do nothing for you. The curve is already predetermined. You wanna pray you get passages people did horrible on last year and you do good on them.

That's fine. It was mostly just a joke.

Hey guys, don't forget to double check to see if your testing site changed. I was looking through my e-mail just now and it said that they can change it up to the 24 hour mark! :eek:

I take AAMC 9 tomorrow alongside you guys, just a bit earlier!

Since I won't hit the boards in the AM, wanted to wish all of you the best of luck. :luck: :luck: :luck:

No passage about art or philosophy. None of them have a single name dropped. No math on physics and all projectile motion/ conserv. of momentum. All sections finished with 5 minutes left. Hell, I'll even hope that you guys laugh at the void button. :laugh:

Good luck and thanks for being active on the boards, some of you guys have helped me out on Q&A quite a bit.

Goodluck Everyone Tomorrow.. Iam not taking my exam with you guys but i was sure a follower of this date... You guys worked hard and had a really good spirit..
:D

Good luck tomorrow, guys! I know the MCAT is intimidating, because it's a big part of your application, but trust me when I say, its on par with the AAMC exams. And it really is like any other exam. If you know the material, you know it.

:luck: