The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

FL: 35
Predicted: 30
Actual: over 9000
35gsio.jpg

I'll miss this thread after it dies down. :/ It was nice knowing you all 4/28ers.
I know right. I'll miss this thread too. I may be out of the game tomorrow and never see any 4/28ers this cycle.

Side note are we going to do the whole

aamc 10/11 : XX
Average aamc : XX
Predicted : XX
Real : XX

Welcome back dude :D. I'll post my numbers tomorrow after the real score is released.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they're legitimate entries it's fine. Don't add **** just to make your application look like its more than it is. Like I got the Florida bright futures scholarship out of high school. It's a scholarship offered by Florida to anyone with a 3.0 or above and a certain score on your SATs. Because so many people in florida get it and it's for high school performance, I'm not putting it on my app. I have only 5 slots filled and I'm still debating wether to put cum laude under my awards because 99% of people applying to med school should have cum laude. If you have 15 legitimate entries than use them but don't worry if you don't have 15 and dony add useless crap is all I'm saying

Also, if you mention it in your PS, they say don't pick it as one of your top 3 in W&A

Not necessarily. I used to think this too, but sometimes we cant always trust what people on SDN tell us. I spoke to a student from my school who was accepted at Harvard, Yale, UCSF, UCLA, Stanford, and many other amazing schools, and she said that during many of her interviews (and she went to a LOT of interviews), her PS readers did not see her 15 experiences, and curiously asked questions (really, they were simply curious) about details of her PS that they could have easily known the answer to had they read her AMCAS 15 because they were "most meaningful".

Just my 2 cents, hope that helps! :)

Jesus f.ucking christ is anyone watching this spurs/thunder game?
I honestly don't understand how the spurs are so damn good. they're old as f.uck.

These NBA playoffs have kept me sane during this MCAT waiting process...

I honestly don't understand how the spurs are so damn good. they're old as f.uck.

Spurs are too good, even when they play bad.

This is an emotional roller coaster for me, idk what to feel anymore.

Avg on 10/11- 27
Predicted:9-11-10

Not necessarily. I used to think this too, but sometimes we cant always trust what people on SDN tell us. I spoke to a student from my school who was accepted at Harvard, Yale, UCSF, UCLA, Stanford, and many other amazing schools, and she said that during many of her interviews (and she went to a LOT of interviews), her PS readers did not see her 15 experiences, and curiously asked questions (really, they were simply curious) about details of her PS that they could have easily known the answer to had they read her AMCAS 15 because they were "most meaningful".

Just my 2 cents, hope that helps! :)

I agree with you completely i was just saying wat iv heard from friends and the internet. My mst meaningful experiences are all gunna end up in my PS cuz i dont really have a choice and idk why you would put anythingother than most meaningful into a PS. I think youre right tho. Very few schools probably read the W&A thoroughly

I typed this on my nook which has the slowest and worst touchpad ever so sorry for grammatical and spelling errors

I agree about only including legitimate ones. I've been out of school for 2-3 years and just finished a masters degree so that is probably why I'm taking up more spaces. Don't take that cum laude for granted! That's a great accomplishment!

As for this thing...

aamc 10/11 : 34
Average aamc : 35
Predicted : 30
Real : ?

If they're legitimate entries it's fine. Don't add **** just to make your application look like its more than it is. Like I got the Florida bright futures scholarship out of high school. It's a scholarship offered by Florida to anyone with a 3.0 or above and a certain score on your SATs. Because so many people in florida get it and it's for high school performance, I'm not putting it on my app. I have only 5 slots filled and I'm still debating wether to put cum laude under my awards because 99% of people applying to med school should have cum laude. If you have 15 legitimate entries than use them but don't worry if you don't have 15 and dony add useless crap is all I'm saying

Also, if you mention it in your PS, they say don't pick it as one of your top 3 in W&A

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't sleep :|

Whoops sorry for the string of posts...forgot to multi quote

In regards to sleep...I'm keeping myself up late so I sleep late and dony wake up at 1 and spend 3 hours refreshing. Also, my doctor feels as if my inability to sleep requires Valium so I predict no issues sleeping tonight lol

Whoops sorry for the string of posts...forgot to multi quote

In regards to sleep...I'm keeping myself up late so I sleep late and dony wake up at 1 and spend 3 hours refreshing. Also, my doctor feels as if my inability to sleep requires Valium so I predict no issues sleeping tonight lol

Wait when are they released? Earlier than what it says on their site? (I'm Central time)

Wait when are they released? Earlier than what it says on their site? (I'm Central time)

It says 5:00 EST but if you look back at the last like 2 years, all scores got released around 3/3:30 so if youre central time, I believe you're 2 hours behind EST so it'll be around 1:00 for you, and about 12:00 for the west coast give or take 30 min. Now they could wry well be released at 5:00 but statistically they come out between 3 and 3:30 EST

On a completely unrelated note. I have sun poisioning from Denver altitudes. I live in Florida year round and I go to denver for 5 days and con back with a fever (regardless of the 4 Advil I just took) blisters on my head from being so sunburned, an upper respiratory infection and a sinus infection (probably from the 19 deg mountain summit I spent 30 minutes on) and my mcat scores come out tomorrow. It's like Hell on earth right now. And you know what my ******* is doing? Making plans with my friends to get nice and wasted tomorrow tomorrow to drink my sorrows away (the likely reason) or to celebrate.

I'm so stupid. I should have probably considered sunscreen at higher altitudes. I went to a baseball game with an RN, someone with a doctorate in pharmacy, a teacher, and myself (premed) you'd think one of us would have thought to bring sunscreen....

It says 5:00 EST but if you look back at the last like 2 years, all scores got released around 3/3:30 so if youre central time, I believe you're 2 hours behind EST so it'll be around 1:00 for you, and about 12:00 for the west coast give or take 30 min. Now they could wry well be released at 5:00 but statistically they come out between 3 and 3:30 EST

Thank you ma'am :thumbup:

They're actually not old as f.uck at all. Everyone on the team except Duncan, Ginobili, and Jackson are age 30 or younger. Only one starter, Duncan, is above 30 years old. They have an incredibly talented group of young guys and they know their role on the team. You could consider Ginobili old, but he hasn't even been in the league for 10 years, so his body isn't worn down the way an average player's body would be at his age.

Also, I'm incredibly scared for tomorrow. Hopefully 35+ :(

They're actually not old as f.uck at all. Everyone on the team except Duncan, Ginobili, and Jackson are age 30 or younger. Only one starter, Duncan, is above 30 years old. They have an incredibly talented group of young guys and they know their role on the team. You could consider Ginobili old, but he hasn't even been in the league for 10 years, so his body isn't worn down the way an average player's body would be at his age.

Also, I'm incredibly scared for tomorrow. Hopefully 35+ :(

Compare them to OKC. Durant, Harden, Ibaka and Westbrook are all 23 and under...

Somehow I was able to pass out at 10pm, and I didn't have any MCAT nightmares.

But my god, my entire chest is full of pain. It's just sinking every minute that goes by. This is awful.

Did anyone else's confidence peak about a week after the test? I remember getting out of the test feeling like I "failed" it, then I slowly started to feel better for about a week, and I've been declining ever since. : (

But my god, my entire chest is full of pain. It's just sinking every minute that goes by. This is awful.

Will she get her score back before the heart attack?

The race is on.

let's play some trivia while we wait....

question 1: Seinfeld trivia.

Easy (for the infrequent seinfeld watchers): What is the name of Elaine's boss when she works as a "personal assistant"

medium (for the seinfeld enthusiast): name three of Kramer's friends who never appear in any episodes

hard (for the serious seinfeld enthusiasts): name two characters played by Larry David

Did anyone else's confidence peak about a week after the test? I remember getting out of the test feeling like I "failed" it, then I slowly started to feel better for about a week, and I've been declining ever since. : (

I know that mine did. I left the test feeling horrible, and throughout that week started thinking I got some of the ones I questioned correct. Lately I have been trying not to have a panic attack. I am praying for a 30 but will be lucky to get a 24.

Does anyone else have an ad for University of the Caribbean on the bottom of the page or is it just me?

I don't like the foreshadowing.

Mine too :( I'm scared that I'll drop dead from a heart attack before I get to see the damn scores

On a completely unrelated note. I have sun poisioning from Denver altitudes. I live in Florida year round and I go to denver for 5 days and con back with a fever (regardless of the 4 Advil I just took) blisters on my head from being so sunburned, an upper respiratory infection and a sinus infection (probably from the 19 deg mountain summit I spent 30 minutes on) and my mcat scores come out tomorrow. It's like Hell on earth right now. And you know what my ******* is doing? Making plans with my friends to get nice and wasted tomorrow tomorrow to drink my sorrows away (the likely reason) or to celebrate.

I'm so stupid. I should have probably considered sunscreen at higher altitudes. I went to a baseball game with an RN, someone with a doctorate in pharmacy, a teacher, and myself (premed) you'd think one of us would have thought to bring sunscreen....

Hey, if you already have sun poisoning then you might as well add alcohol poisoning to the list, ya?

After browsing this thread my anxiety levels went from 10% to 95%

average aamc: 26
predicted: 12/4/8
Aiming : 24+ (The med school I'm applying has an acceptance avg of 21 haha)
Real: ?

So I am posting for my husband who may have time later but we have been keeping up with you guys, he also took the 04/28 test in Montreal Canada, from the maritimes. Practice tests from aamc were averaging 10's or higher in each section. Hoping for a 30+ but he really feels like he has no idea. He finished early so I was terrified when he called to say he was done. He didn't feel like it was to hard, had enough time to finish:) everything but definitely much harder than practice tests. He thought PS was the hardest section. Verbal seemed long but easier. BS thought was OK and liked the WS. So nervous and can't wait. We have two girls under 3 so we need to get in this coming cycle. He has a family and takes over full course load and has a research job. Heading into 4th year science bio. Everyone has worked so har:)d for this! I am sure you will all do great!
Darn phone no idea how those smiles got there. Lol

Last edited: