The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Goal: 12/12/12 (36)

Aamc10: 13/13/13 (39)
aamc11: 13/13/14 (40)

Predicted : 11/12/11 (34)

really feel like I missed all of the orgo in the BS and had a missed question snafu on the PS, losing some critical points. think it's going to be a sad afternoon, in fitting with this rainy day.

My mom schedule a dental appointment for me at noon, central time. Perfect day to have a drill in my mouth.

AAMC 11: 30
Predicted: 28
Aiming: 32+
Actual: Just a few more hours...

Members don't see this ad :)
King Dires: Oh magic MCAT, on the AAMC, who is the fairest one of all?

Magic MCAT: Famed is thy intelligence, Majesty. But hold, a lovely maid I see. Rags cannot hide her vast verbal reasoning skills. Alas, she is more fair than thee.

King Dires: Alas! Reveal her name.

Magic MCAT: Lips red as the rose. Hair black as ebony. Skin white as snow.

King Dires: Snow White!?!?!

in the ER
Doctor: Son, your heard damn near exploded. What's wrong?
Me: Doc, my MCAT scores come out today
Doc: lol
:laugh::thumbup:

Has anyone had all their transcripts in?
Not yet for mine. Have you finished all 3 essays dude ? I have outlined them but haven't started. IF my MCAT is good enough (which we'll find out in a few hours), I will submit probably way after June 5th cos I need at least 2 more weeks to finalize my app. How long did it take the volunteers on SDN to finish reviewing your essays ?

Goal: 12/12/12 (36)

Aamc10: 13/13/13 (39)
aamc11: 13/13/14 (40)

Predicted : 11/12/11 (34)

really feel like I missed all of the orgo in the BS and had a missed question snafu on the PS, losing some critical points. think it's going to be a sad afternoon, in fitting with this rainy day.
You'll be ok ma'am. As far as I can recall, your practice scores are super epic awesome. Still remember about your 15 and 14 of Verbal score on the practice AAMCs :D

PS: Does everyone have plans for the rest of today after they find out their score ?

Last edited:
:laugh::thumbup:

Not yet for mine. Have you finished all 3 essays dude ? I have outlined them but haven't started. IF my MCAT is good enough (which we'll find out in a few hours), I will submit probably way after June 5th cos I need at least 2 more weeks to finalize my app. How long did it take the volunteers on SDN to finish reviewing your essays ?

You'll be ok ma'am. As far as I can recall, your practice scores are super epic awesome. Still remember about your 15 and 14 of Verbal score on the practice AAMCs :D

PS: Does everyone have plans for the rest of today after they find out their score ?

I'm sorry...what do you mean 3 essays? Which 3 are you talking about??

The three most signif essays prob.

I'm going through my W&A, making sure everything makes sense...I have 15 flat though, ran out of room for some of them. I should probably cut one out though :\ I dunno which one to cut out.

MD/PhD programs have to write 3 essays (Personal Statement, Why MD/PhD, and Research)

MD Only programs have only the personal statement.

MD/PhD Program Essays

1) Briefly state how a combined degree would satisfy your career goals.

2) Please describe your research experience including the nature of the research problem and your role on the project

3) Personal Statement

For the 3 most meaningful activities (quoted from AMCAS)
"You may identify up to three experiences that you consider the most meaningful."

I think its highly recommended you identify all 3.

I'm sorry...what do you mean 3 essays? Which 3 are you talking about??
I was referring to the PS and the 2 additional essays for MD/PhD. I thought pfaction was going to apply to MD/PhD.

The three most signif essays prob.

I'm going through my W&A, making sure everything makes sense...I have 15 flat though, ran out of room for some of them. I should probably cut one out though :\ I dunno which one to cut out.
I thought you were going to apply MD/PhD ??

I was referring to the PS and the 2 additional essays for MD/PhD. I thought pfaction was going to apply to MD/PhD.

I am, what the ****? Are the essays due on the primary application!?!?

I think you might have to add schools in your "Medical Schools" section of the AMCAS in order for those prompts to appear on the "Essays" section.

On a different note, watching HIMYM to distract myself, watching the episode "Spoiler Alert" randomly in which Marshall is getting back the results of his bar exam. I thought that was fitting.

Is that on the primary application? Holy **** I have not written these yet.
I am, what the ****? Are the essays due on the primary application!?!?

Don't worry dude. The PS is the hardest one to write. Why MD/PhD requires only 3000 characters, which is about 2/3 of a full page. Research essay is probably the easiest. If you've done the PS, you should be ok. Let's just see the MCAT score first. It's the limiting factor for us now.

****ting myself because I haven't finished PS, but I should be able to bang out why MD/PhD and the other one tomorrow. HOLY ****.

****ting myself because I haven't finished PS, but I should be able to bang out why MD/PhD and the other one tomorrow. HOLY ****.

Dude this time I'll join you with freaking the **** out. I have yet to work on my PS and I feel like my heart is gonna explode from racing so fast while waiting for my scores

You have to start PS. I'm on my fourth draft so far. It's hard work. MD/PhD and other one, I can see myself having two-three drafts, at this point IDC if I submit late or not. Late being maximum June 15th :|

No worries, as long as you've done majority of the PS, you should be fine with the rest. I've prepared outlines. If my MCAT score is good enough, I'll go ahead and write mine, hopefully finishing them before the weekend. If my MCAT score is terrible (which I highly suspect to be the case), man I'll fall into a limbo state for a few days for sure, not knowing what to do next.

EDIT: it makes sense to me now why you have always been stressed out about the PS but not the others.

Well Kaplan Course average: 28
AAMC Average: 26
Hopeful: 20 so I can get my money back
Predicted .... 21 the same as my last score no money back or med school ...... consistency :scared:

****ting myself because I haven't finished PS....

263886_1327178511203.jpg

lol I haven't finished either. I have 6 different drafts all doing different sheet.

d.amn son its bout to go down...

I tied a noose at home before I left the house today... all ready for after I see my scores at work, and head home.

edit: please note the sarcasm

Im not a very spiritual guy, but this whole week I've been praying non stop and looking at all sorts of different horoscopes.

Also, if you guys want to have......a "trial run" in checking your scores..go to
http://www.random.org/integers/

in the settings, select generate 1 number, put between what numbers you think you got ( I put b/w 25-33), format in 1 column..and hit submit

Then treat it like its you are checking your real score.
Ive been doing this to prepare myself lol..every time I get a 30+ It honestly brings my confidence up

but when I get a 26 or so, i'll just be like ehhhhh, resubmit.

I promised way earlier to post my trashy score, in ways took the test cold. I did take some practice test but never really scored them, just corrected them to see what I got wrong, and why. I never finished the exam cracker books. I signed up for the mcat in the mist of a killer semester.

I honestly predict a 19.

Jeez, this has turned into the most depressing forum ever now.

Im just waiting for that moment I hit refresh and someone posts
"they're up"
:scared: