The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone studied the ExamKrackers way, and realized that some of the actual PS questions in 4/28 were pretty similar to some of their practice questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
EDIT: it makes sense to me now why you have always been stressed out about the PS but not the others.

Generally not knowing about two portions of an application means no stress haha.

Does anyone know how significantly late you will be if you submit mid-June?

dude, you will not be late at all if you apply this month.

a buddy of mine applied last cycle on june 12th and is going to harvard

and another buddy of mine applied june 16th and is going to NYU.

as long as you send your secondaries by the end of july, you will be fine.

Generally not knowing about two portions of an application means no stress haha.

Does anyone know how significantly late you will be if you submit mid-June?

dude, you will not be late at all if you apply this month.

a buddy of mine applied last cycle on june 12th and is going to harvard

and another buddy of mine applied june 16th and is going to NYU.

as long as you send your secondaries by the end of july, you will be fine.
+1
Adcoms, too, might need a Summer vacation, right.
So, chill out.

I was averaging a 30-31 on practice tests.
Actual test day sucked...I had to guess on what felt like soooo many questions since time was running out. I honestly feel like I scored 5-6 points below my average.

I'm so scared right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized that I had my first MCAT dream last night it went a lil something like this

I had done poorly on the 4/28 MCAT and I was on the testing site about to take the test and the proctor told everyone in the room that Medical Schools started accepting ACT scores now so we're actually going to take the ACT instead of the MCAT...as soon as he said that I woke up...only in my dreams huh? haha :laugh:

hey everyone,
thought i would add to the forum. i am a 4/28sdner as well. urgently waiting my scores with you guys. i am a retaker as well. I was averaging a 25 on the AAMC practice exams. I am scared out of my mind about getting my scores today. all our years of studying and dreaming come down to today.
just remember to have faith. it will all work out the way it is supposed to, and those of us fortunate enough to do well this mcat administration, we will all laugh at this dreadful waiting period. but i predict that it will take a long, LONG time for that to happen lol

I just realized that I had my first MCAT dream last night it went a lil something like this

I had done poorly on the 4/28 MCAT and I was on the testing site about to take the test and the proctor told everyone in the room that Medical Schools started accepting ACT scores now so we're actually going to take the ACT instead of the MCAT...as soon as he said that I woke up...only in my dreams huh? haha :laugh:

.....I wish....

On a slightly related note, do you have to take the pcat for pharmacy school or will the mcat work? This girl told me she didn't take the pcat she only took the mcat and applied md and phrm and got in both but went pharm. She's also been a pharm for 5 years so she applied 9 years ago

just remember to have faith. it will all work out the way it is supposed to, and those of us fortunate enough to do well this mcat administration, we will all laugh at this dreadful waiting period. but i predict that it will take a long, LONG time for that to happen lol
First acceptance and I will, maybe quite literally, jizz in my pants.

jizz-in-my-pants.gif

First acceptance and I will, maybe quite literally, jizz in my pants.

jizz-in-my-pants.gif

ahaha love it. we should keep this forum going throughout the app cycle to see how many of us have luck with everything. would be nice to see how we all helped each other thru the hardest exam of our lives to the first day of med school

quite frankly i'm PRAYING to just get my average right now. i just want my average...nothing more and DEFINITELY nothing less.

Maybe the only good thing coming out of this is it seems to be the consensus that this test was difficult for most ... so maybe the curve will help us out.

My adrenal medulla is pumping out high levels of cortisol....

And I feel like my heart is literally going to jump out of my chest..

Adrenal medulla is epinephrine.
Cortisol is cortex.

YOU CLOSE SON

Ohhh you're right.

It's CANE - so Cortisol and Ald are released by the cortex. Welp, lets hope I don't have to retake this bugger, because apparently my little neurons have been fried by the high amounts of chronic stress.

I dunno where to check actually, if someone tells me I will. Im editing my W&A so it has the "scores" section on there, is that it?

I just woke up. Again. Has anyone checked thx?

I'm not checking my score im makin someone else do it

lol me too

who wants to be the sacrificial lamb and go check thx right now?

lol, yeah. I've been refreshing this thread instead of THx. I don't want the numbers splashing right into my face so suddenly. At least there has to be some sort of mental preparation.

I was thinking AAMC should put out this warning: "MCAT is not for those with history of heart attack" or sth similar. Darn. I'll probably have to drive to hospital and check my score there. In case if I fall into my feet, someone will be able to get me helped immediately.

I was averaging a 30-31 on practice tests.
Actual test day sucked...I had to guess on what felt like soooo many questions since time was running out. I honestly feel like I scored 5-6 points below my average.

I'm so scared right now.

I feel the exact same way... scored 30s-34 on practice but could have gotten a 25 for all i know. also i took it once last year and got a 28 so i'm doubly scared that i could have done worse!