The Official 07/06/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impact2d

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm usually on SDN mobile and have been meaning to open this thread for a while. I guess I'll introduce myself first.

I'm somewhere towards the traditional side of the non-trad. I'm only 4 years out of undergrad, and am only a year older than the average med school matriculant-but I am a career changer who is married and completing my final prereq's post bacc (all finished in May).

I am using a hybrid of a few different MCAT studying styles posted here-but at the core it's most similar to SN2ed and the standard TBR schedule.

I am using TBR for Chem, O.Chem, and Physics (2012 edition). I am using TPRH and EK for Bio.

I don't really stick to the 1 chapter a day set up of SN2ed, I customized each chapter based on what my strengths and weaknesses were and how long ago I learned the topics in undergrad.

I almost always spend 2 days on Bio (this is the subject with the most "Content Gaps" for me) Oftentimes I can double up Ochem with Physics. Physics usually goes very fast, and O.Chem I find relatively easy compared to class (It helps that I just finished O.Chem 1, and am currently in O.Chem 2)

I'm also working part time and still in Ochem 2 and Physics 2, so studying full time is not an option until after May 4th, and even then I still have work. That is why I started at 4 months instead of 3, to try to get ahead since I know I will lose days over time.

I don't really do the 1/3's method in physics or chem. The books come with tests split into 3 phases and I prefer to just use it that way. After reading the chapter I do the untimed phase, a week later the timed phase, and am saving the final phase for review. I am not doing much TBR Bio in the early chapters-too much skipping around and testing obscure information I haven't reviewed yet. I know it's important to develop critical thinking, but I want to make sure I have the foundations down first. I stick to the EK in class and the TPRH science workbook. I will probably spend some time on TBR after I'm done with content review.

Also I use Chad's Videos like crazy, I watch them on fast forward and they really help give a quick overview. I wish there was a similar solution for Bio.

Well that's the rundown. Hopefully there are some people on here taking the same day. I know I can definitely use the motivation at times. My goal is to score >or=30.
Good luck!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

What I want to know is how I'm doing 1/3 of the TBR questions at the end of the Physics chapters and I'm scoring 2-4/7 on some and 6 or 7/7 on others...is this more having to do with my test taking or lack of content...not liking the inconsistency

Wow gone for a few days and this thread is ramping up!

Best of luck to everyone studying, I'm still stuck on content review :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody... figured I would check in and talk about my progress.. This is my second time taking the test, I took it last year about this time and ended up with a score that I didn't like (4 points below my practice test average), and I decided to retake now (I'm a 5 year grad/super senior at this point) while applying and everything. Don't really have any classes or work outside my research/volunteering so that's helping me quite a bit, took it last time while doing analytical chem and biochem and it was a nightmare trying to study.

Basically done no actual practice at this point :/ but finished content review for bio, orgo and physics (although I'm still terrible at the math in physics) and I'm planning on finishing gen chem before the end of the month. Then I'll start with practice using the BR passages I didn't use last time (used about half in each section) and buy the last few practice tests I didn't get before, and tackle the beast that is verbal again.

I'm feeling decent about everything except physics at this point, and that was what was killing my PS score last time too. I actually feel a lot better prepared at this point than I was the last time around. I'm putting in about 4 hours a day and feel like I'm making quick progress since nothing really feels new at all.

My breakdown last time was 10 10 11 (PS, VR, BS) and I wouldn't even be retaking right now if I didn't have the time this summer, and my GPA is decent but a boosted MCAT score would be nice... SDN is probably a big factor in why I'm retaking, a lot of my friends taking it now think I'm crazy for retaking a 31, but looking at scores people get here makes you feel inferior lol. Its a little scary though, if I go in there and actually do worse it would look bad.... very bad.

Long summary over... good luck to you guys (and girls) lets kill this test.

Diagnostic AAMC3...(6PS 3VR 8BS) = 17. After two months of content review I took AAMC5...(9PS 4VR 8BS) = 21...I am scared now. I hope I can bring it to 27+

Diagnostic AAMC3...(6PS 3VR 8BS) = 17. After two months of content review I took AAMC5...(9PS 4VR 8BS) = 21...I am scared now. I hope I can bring it to 27+

My kaplan diagnostic was a 19, I haven't finished the material though. I suggest you start reviewing what content you are weak on for BS and PS and continue with practice tests and learning from your mistakes, reading why you missed them etc. As for verbal, try taking a practice test every other day. That is my plan of attack for now, as soon as I finish content review. Plenty of people mentioned they increased their score a lot after 4-6 weeks of dedicated studying, I'm sure we can too!

Don't worry, we can do this. We can motivate each other. I don't know anyone else taking the MCAT so SDN is my only outlet to vent and commiserate :)

As for verbal - have you gone over the verbal sections of your practice tests with a fine-toothed comb? What is your strategy now? It isn't working, so you need to change it up. Verbal is definitely my biggest strength so feel free to PM me!

That 3 point increase in PS looks great though - I assume you were studying it like crazy after the 6.

IMO you need to really focus on verbal. It is the hardest score to increase and with scores that low there is something you are missing.

man idk im not getting any better, these bio passages are not straightforward at all. I read over all my notes feeling confident about chem, and still can't answer the questions about chem.. I mean how to what extent do we need to know something....One bio test says this another aamc says this...all mixed freakin answers..

I'm prob not going to make it this cycle. There is no way to increase my scores in a matter of 40 something days. Idk how to increase my score, and my averages are consistent very low. AAMCs tend to be a representation of the real thing...This is really pissing me off though, not really nervous or scared.just pissed

i mean ima keep trying, but i seriously doubt it

man idk im not getting any better, these bio passages are not straightforward at all. I read over all my notes feeling confident about chem, and still can't answer the questions about chem.. I mean how to what extent do we need to know something....One bio test says this another aamc says this...all mixed freakin answers..

I'm prob not going to make it this cycle. There is no way to increase my scores in a matter of 40 something days. Idk how to increase my score, and my averages are consistent very low. AAMCs tend to be a representation of the real thing...This is really pissing me off though, not really nervous or scared.just pissed

You can do it!! Seriously, just go over the AAMC and see why you got the problem wrong, what tricked you, what concepts do you need to re look at, etc. :)

Bro, seriously stop reading EK right now and switch to TBR. Go over TBR as much as you can, and when you're done, go over EK again and it will seem A LOT easier. Trust me. But seriously, if you aren't improving, try TBR and I guarantee it will clear up a lot of things that you missed from EK. Don't start doubting yourself before your test, wait until after lol :)

Alright guys I made a mistake.

I took AAMC 4 on paper and I thought I scored a 4 AGAIN due to some errors when grading and matching the answers on the BS section but this time I legit got 8. Also, on the PS I got an 8 as well... jumped from a 6.

I love improvement

My main weakness with Bio is simply some idiot choices, and organic chemistry for sure..
PS it would most likely be physics. I was reading a passage about doppler, but had no idea it revolved around the Doppler effect until looking at answers/explanations etc.

Alright guys I made a mistake.

I took AAMC 4 on paper and I thought I scored a 4 AGAIN due to some errors when grading and matching the answers on the BS section but this time I legit got 8. Also, on the PS I got an 8 as well... jumped from a 6.

I love improvement

Yay!! I'm happy for you, as you know i'm kind of struggling with the PS, any advice on how to improve? :) How did you do on verbal? Hopefully steadily improving

Yay!! I'm happy for you, as you know i'm kind of struggling with the PS, any advice on how to improve? :) How did you do on verbal? Hopefully steadily improving

I gotta 8 on verbal.

AAMC 3: PS 6 VR 7 BS 4 = 17

AAMC 4: PS 8 VR 8 BS 8 = 24 composite. ( I'm honestly shooting for 25+ as sad as it is. If I do better I'll shoot higher, keeping it realistic.)
my verbal hovers always around 7-8 trying to pull it up, that would def be a lifesaver if i raped it

I honestly still need to do better with PS, there are a few easy chem questions i miss and i feel comfortable with chem the most. But i tend to also miss the calculation based ones...I used to be a boss at it during class, but i forget. Physic concepts i still need to drill in my head that's my downfall on PS section. PS takes more practice and read your notes over and over that's all i do..

last night before i went to bed, I was slowly going through my notes talking to myself..regurgitating concepts and explaining it out loud. While doing this I kept asking myself questions, and told myself how to focus and approach specific problems.

For example when i was going over solutions etc I kept telling myself "when dealing with solutions always think le chatliers principle. Colligative properties..know it's concentration dependent." Stuff like this. I also told myself there is only so much they can ask from each topic in each section. Regurgitating notes out loud help you retain information and helps you think

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow you really jumped in just a few days! that is great:) I am still on content review so hopefully I can finish up soon!! I want to hurry and jump into tests. I'll make sure to use your strategy before bed! thanks for the advice, and keep up the good work:) I'm sure you will do better than 25, we will have plenty time to practice

Wow you really jumped in just a few days! that is great:) I am still on content review so hopefully I can finish up soon!! I want to hurry and jump into tests. I'll make sure to use your strategy before bed! thanks for the advice, and keep up the good work:) I'm sure you will do better than 25, we will have plenty time to practice

Yea i "finished" content review, I was kinda anxious to dive in and see where I stand, and i was raped with the score of 17. I know my potential is not that low, so being my anxious self again, waited a while and took it again with a little more open mind.

Advice: Read passage slowly and thoroughly the first time. Most of the PS really doesn't need the passage well sorta but you will see. Memorize all equations, lol when I started and still am a little rough on equations - still needa jump on that.
BS section: Take it slow and ask yourself questions when doing this section. Bio can be tricky.
Looking back at AAMC 3; it honestly is a joke, be prepared so you don't waste it like i did. good luck on your first one when you do.
Def try that out tonight or whenever you can it helps!

Thank you and best of luck to you, lets keep each other posted. :thumbup:

Yes definitely! Study buddies:) haha Also my friend who got a 30 said he looked over all physics equations every night before bed, here is a link to the ones we need to know! Print it out and memorize http://www.goldstandard-mcat.com/physics-equation-lists/ Maybe even write them big and put them on the walls in your room? I feel like I have a semi-photo memory, So I figure if I blank I can remember what it looked like lol

Yes definitely! Study buddies:) haha Also my friend who got a 30 said he looked over all physics equations every night before bed, here is a link to the ones we need to know! Print it out and memorize http://www.goldstandard-mcat.com/physics-equation-lists/ Maybe even write them big and put them on the walls in your room? I feel like I have a semi-photo memory, So I figure if I blank I can remember what it looked like lol

Sounds good! And yea I almost printed those out today, I will do it tomorrow! I guess before I start reading my notes I will go over the equations first then notes each time, then after a while it all becomes 2nd nature.

Good luck!

ima print off those equation sheets finally... Need to make something to eat..i haven't ate anything all day... My day usually goes by without eating till about 10pm the only thing i have during the day is about 2 peace teas from my local convenient store....

After eating... I'll look at the equation sheets, then pass out. Yuh!

Hey everybody... figured I would check in and talk about my progress.. This is my second time taking the test, I took it last year about this time and ended up with a score that I didn't like (4 points below my practice test average), and I decided to retake now (I'm a 5 year grad/super senior at this point) while applying and everything. Don't really have any classes or work outside my research/volunteering so that's helping me quite a bit, took it last time while doing analytical chem and biochem and it was a nightmare trying to study.

Basically done no actual practice at this point :/ but finished content review for bio, orgo and physics (although I'm still terrible at the math in physics) and I'm planning on finishing gen chem before the end of the month. Then I'll start with practice using the BR passages I didn't use last time (used about half in each section) and buy the last few practice tests I didn't get before, and tackle the beast that is verbal again.

I'm feeling decent about everything except physics at this point, and that was what was killing my PS score last time too. I actually feel a lot better prepared at this point than I was the last time around. I'm putting in about 4 hours a day and feel like I'm making quick progress since nothing really feels new at all.

My breakdown last time was 10 10 11 (PS, VR, BS) and I wouldn't even be retaking right now if I didn't have the time this summer, and my GPA is decent but a boosted MCAT score would be nice... SDN is probably a big factor in why I'm retaking, a lot of my friends taking it now think I'm crazy for retaking a 31, but looking at scores people get here makes you feel inferior lol. Its a little scary though, if I go in there and actually do worse it would look bad.... very bad.

Long summary over... good luck to you guys (and girls) lets kill this test.

Good luck, you got my goal score, so maybe I can have your 31 since you're not using it anymore?

My kaplan diagnostic was a 19, I haven't finished the material though. I suggest you start reviewing what content you are weak on for BS and PS and continue with practice tests and learning from your mistakes, reading why you missed them etc. As for verbal, try taking a practice test every other day. That is my plan of attack for now, as soon as I finish content review. Plenty of people mentioned they increased their score a lot after 4-6 weeks of dedicated studying, I'm sure we can too!
Don't stress too much, Kaplan diagnostics are known for being very low!

Don't worry, we can do this. We can motivate each other. I don't know anyone else taking the MCAT so SDN is my only outlet to vent and commiserate :)

As for verbal - have you gone over the verbal sections of your practice tests with a fine-toothed comb? What is your strategy now? It isn't working, so you need to change it up. Verbal is definitely my biggest strength so feel free to PM me!

That 3 point increase in PS looks great though - I assume you were studying it like crazy after the 6.

IMO you need to really focus on verbal. It is the hardest score to increase and with scores that low there is something you are missing.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I feel your pain on the Biology. It makes me very glad I'm supplementing EK with TPRH Bio, because I know I am doing better because of that. I still feel lost on passages sometimes. :( . I am watching videos from this guy, George Wolfe, kind of expensive but at this point what's another 80 dollars: George Wolfe Biology: Animal Systems

For organic chemistry, I know I've said it before but seriously consider Chad's over at course saver

Hoping to start Fl's soon, keep up the good work everyone!:D

What I want to know is how I'm doing 1/3 of the TBR questions at the end of the Physics chapters and I'm scoring 2-4/7 on some and 6 or 7/7 on others...is this more having to do with my test taking or lack of content...not liking the inconsistency
It could either be that specific passage exploited a weakness or it happened to be one of their more difficult passages. Go over the answers and see if you knew it but misinterpreted the question or passage, or if given the answer you still don't know what's going on. If you still don't know what's going on mark that topic and give it some extra time.

thanks for the advice! i will definitely look into TBR for chem. ha, i have no idea who this chad person is...

His background is in Biochem and Chem, he has a mcat video review site at This place. It is a good replacement for the lecture part of content review. I am someone who's studying always consisted of taking notes during lecture than reviewing those notes once or twice. For me, this replicates that very well.

EDIT:
That is weird, SDN won't let you post a link to Chad's but they'll let you post links to TBR, Kaplan, and TPR, very odd. Just search C0UR$ESAVER.COM obviously the 0 is an o and the $ is an s.

Last edited:
I saw some people are still going over content review...I'm only about 50% done :scared: I need to step it up! I want to give myself at least 3 weeks for practice/full-lengths, but I am going through the material so slowly...

So i took a kaplan test today.

Got a 9 in PS while leaving literally all the calculation ones blank. I was try hard to solve them, but couldn't. Also, ran out of time - lot of them were optic questions and I know the equations we are suppose to memorize, but it just didn't seem i could come up with an answer. Tomorrow I'ma review the questions so I know next time. Kaplan PS was very tough, if i knew how to do the calculations I could of easily got an 10-11+ But i believe the curve was a little high, I literally missed the same amount of questions on AAMC 4 and got an 8.

BS: 6 it went downhill again, ochem still being my downfall... I was 4 questions away from an 8. All basic ochem, but i thought i had them right, but need to do reviews on stability of the structures.

I didn't do verbal, I heard kaplan verbal sucks, I didn't even bother. I'll stick with the EK 101 prac ones. I'll most likely do one tomorrow.

I did the TPR Biology Diagnostic section test today and only got 60% correct. Crap. I thought I was okay in Bio looks like I need to study it a bit more.

I am dreading even starting PS -simple math and Physics are my weak points so I am not looking forward to see how that goes...

I did the TPR Biology Diagnostic section test today and only got 60% correct. Crap. I thought I was okay in Bio looks like I need to study it a bit more.

I am dreading even starting PS -simple math and Physics are my weak points so I am not looking forward to see how that goes...

Yea man I have a lot of those. We got this man and physics is a pain, but i feel confident with PS section.
Advice: memorize all physics equations and obv know which ones to apply, and after reading passage, define the "system" first! Whether it be doppler, linear motion, magnetism, optics, fluids etc. This will help you narrow down which equation to retrieve.

Got a 9 in PS while leaving literally all the calculation ones blank. I was try hard to solve them, but couldn't. Also, ran out of time - lot of them were optic questions and I know the equations we are suppose to memorize, but it just didn't seem i could come up with an answer. Tomorrow I'ma review the questions so I know next time. Kaplan PS was very tough, if i knew how to do the calculations I could of easily got an 10-11+ But i believe the curve was a little high, I literally missed the same amount of questions on AAMC 4 and got an 8.

BS: 6 it went downhill again, ochem still being my downfall... I was 4 questions away from an 8. All basic ochem, but i thought i had them right, but need to do reviews on stability of the structures.

I didn't do verbal, I heard kaplan verbal sucks, I didn't even bother. I'll stick with the EK 101 prac ones. I'll most likely do one tomorrow.

A 9 on kaplan PS is pretty good. They are known for being harder in PS, a 2-3 points lower than AAMC. Good job.

Are most of you memorizing the names of the amino acids and what groups they belong in? EK said we shouldn't, but then I've heard others say we should?

AAMC7...(9PS 4VR 9BS) = 22 ..I don't know what I should do for VR....I am averaging 7 on EK101 but cant seem to break a 6 on AAMCs. I think AAMC VR are harder than EK... I am positive I can bring up both PS and BS scores to a 10+ in the remaining month+; however, I am not even sure that I can bring up my VR score to a 7+...I am so discouraged right now with my score in VR.

AAMC7...(9PS 4VR 9BS) = 22 ..I don't know what I should do for VR....I am averaging 7 on EK101 but cant seem to break a 6 on AAMCs. I think AAMC VR are harder than EK... I am positive I can bring up both PS and BS scores to a 10+ in the remaining month+; however, I am not even sure that I can bring up my VR score to a 7+...I am so discouraged right now with my score in VR.

What techniques are you using for verbal?

I too am having the same problem. I finished the Kaplan course 3weeks ago but my scores are not reflecting the time I am putting in weekly.
How are you studying from your tests?

I too am having the same problem. I finished the Kaplan course 3weeks ago but my scores are not reflecting the time I am putting in weekly.
I am reviewing the tests but I dont feel as if the review is sinking in...:(

I am reviewing the tests but I dont feel as if the review is sinking in...:(

Well the majority of things I miss are things I know, just poor math skills such as finding out what to do. I simply didn't add fractions and didn't find the reciprocal these are my mistakes. Other than that if only I can finish a FL without having this problem I believe I can hit 10+.

Uhm I don't review the FLs too much, since they tend to be things i already know, but again like i mentioned it just simple mistakes. Hopefully everything goes well with your practice. I'll be updating y'all.

Hey, how come you are only taking them in sections, why not the full thing?

These are the older versions, and plus I'm in a not so quiet place where I can concentrate on the BS and VR sections since it requires more comprehension. I will be doing the up-to-date AAMC ones at full length when it comes closer to test date. I have AAMC 3-7 and Kaplan 6-11 (old versions)

"Are most of you memorizing the names of the amino acids and what groups they belong in? EK said we shouldn't, but then I've heard others say we should?"

Anyone?

I'm signed up for 7/6 as well. Been studying since mid-February, but since I work full time, am working on a publication manuscript, and have had various little life problems pop up in the meantime (stolen credit card, minor car crash, mom got surgery and need to be looked after...you know, little things) I haven't been able to study as much as I'd like. I only finished with content review three weeks ago and have been doing an AAMC per week and reviewing whatever I feel I'm weakest on in-between each AAMC. I really meant to stick with SN2ed's schedule as much as possible, but I was barely able to get through four TBR chapters per week along with 1/3 of their review problems, nevermind doing four TBR chapters + 2/3 of their review problems + 1/3 of the corresponding EK 1001, so I've still got 2/3 of the TBR problems left to do for most of the chapters. I thought maybe if I got through 2 sets of 1/3 of the chapter problems per day I could catch up, but that's not going to happen at my current rate.

Currently trying to decide if I should postpone this test to August. Since I want to get into an MSTP I really need at least a 34, more like a 36, and so far my scores on AAMC 3,4, and 5 have been 31, 36, and 33 respectively (so an average of 33). I've heard you should score an average of at least your goal (more like 2 points above your goal) on practice tests before sitting for the MCAT so I'm not feeling too hot about this, especially since I had a friend who got an average of 33 on his practice tests and walked away with a 31 on the real deal and another friend who got an average of 35 on his practice tests and also came away with a 31.

I think August is too late for MSTP applicant. I believe your chance would be higher if you apply earlier with 2-3 points lower score..

I think August is too late for MSTP applicant. I believe your chance would be higher if you apply earlier with 2-3 points lower score..
I'm not applying this year, I'm applying next year. If I were applying this year then even taking the test in July would already be far too late.

I'm thinking of putting off medical school for a few years. Not because of the MCAT, that doesn't really bother me since you can take it more than once etc... But I'm a young applicant (18) and I think I might pursue something I sorta wanted for a while which is Officer Candidate School in the USMC. This provides applicants the opportunity to prove themselves to become an officer in the military revolving around many fields such as infantry, demolition, aviation, logistics and more. I would plan on doing this only for a few years until I reach the average matriculation age. Still thinking about it and haven't discussed it with my parents yet. This could be a possible option that would benefit me in real-world experience regarding leadership skills and the latter.

(This is NOT an app booster) This would be the absolute dumbest thing to do if this is the reason to join the military, and I know how the military runs. More Cons than Pro's it seems, but it doesn't act as a deterrent in my view.

Last edited:
I'm signed up for 7/6 as well. Been studying since mid-February, but since I work full time, am working on a publication manuscript, and have had various little life problems pop up in the meantime (stolen credit card, minor car crash, mom got surgery and need to be looked after...you know, little things) I haven't been able to study as much as I'd like. I only finished with content review three weeks ago and have been doing an AAMC per week and reviewing whatever I feel I'm weakest on in-between each AAMC. I really meant to stick with SN2ed's schedule as much as possible, but I was barely able to get through four TBR chapters per week along with 1/3 of their review problems, nevermind doing four TBR chapters + 2/3 of their review problems + 1/3 of the corresponding EK 1001, so I've still got 2/3 of the TBR problems left to do for most of the chapters. I thought maybe if I got through 2 sets of 1/3 of the chapter problems per day I could catch up, but that's not going to happen at my current rate.

Currently trying to decide if I should postpone this test to August. Since I want to get into an MSTP I really need at least a 34, more like a 36, and so far my scores on AAMC 3,4, and 5 have been 31, 36, and 33 respectively (so an average of 33). I've heard you should score an average of at least your goal (more like 2 points above your goal) on practice tests before sitting for the MCAT so I'm not feeling too hot about this, especially since I had a friend who got an average of 33 on his practice tests and walked away with a 31 on the real deal and another friend who got an average of 35 on his practice tests and also came away with a 31.
If you're applying next year, I'd def postpone it.

Hi All,

2nd time taking the MCAT. My verbal score was only a 6 :( And all my practice tests were higher than this so I was both surprised and disappointed.

Poll: do you prefer the EK, Kaplan or Princeton Review methods for verbal? I find Kaplan and PK fairly similar in their approach but I think EK is good. Any preferences? And what is your protocol for verbal? How often do you do it, do you go thoroughly go through questions/answers immediately after? Do you do the passages in order regardless or jump around?

Thanks and goodluck :)
Sam

I am joining you guys.

I originally was signed up for June 21, but I think the benefit of postponing my MCAT by two weeks outweighs the disadvantage of submitting a complete application a little late.

If everything goes according to my plan, I should finish EK content review by the June 2. The rest of the time will be dedicated to ek101 verbal, ek1001 practice, TBR passages, and AAMC FL's. What do you guys think? is this reasonable?

Hey All,

I am a bit on the slow side of studying. :oops:

I am 3 EK Bio chapters away from completely finishing my content review. However, I haven't touched any practice passages yet. By the end of this week, I hope to start tackling practice passages contained in the EK 1001 and TBR books, as well as the practice exams. I took the MCAT 3 years ago and got a 26 (8 BS & PS/10 V), so I guess that's my baseline.

I am applying this cycle and I am starting a full time internship on June 11th, so hopefully this is enough time to practice.

:luck: to you all that are already starting practice AAMC tests!

Hey All,

I am a bit on the slow side of studying. :oops:

I am 3 EK Bio chapters away from completely finishing my content review. However, I haven't touched any practice passages yet. By the end of this week, I hope to start tackling practice passages contained in the EK 1001 and TBR books, as well as the practice exams. I took the MCAT 3 years ago and got a 26 (8 BS & PS/10 V), so I guess that's my baseline.

I am applying this cycle and I am starting a full time internship on June 11th, so hopefully this is enough time to practice.

:luck: to you all that are already starting practice AAMC tests!

We could be twins, except that this will be my first, and hopefully only, MCAT. I am 3Chs away from finishing all of the EK content reviews, and planning to do ek1001, ek101 and TBR passages starting next week. I'll be taking about 7 FL's within the coming month. Good luck to all of us.