The Official 2012 4th Year Externship Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RealDoc27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since we always do a thread for grad program acceptances, why not a 4th year placement one?! So, if you are a third year or even a current 4th year, where are you going?

Members don't see this ad.

Some are still applying and don't want to attract competition. :) We'll try and get the thread going though, good idea. This could benefit students in the future looking for sites in specific locations.

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click quote on the most recent acceptance list.
2) Delete the quote messages at both the top and the bottom.
3) Add the location of your 4th year externship site to the title of the post.
4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .

2012 4th Year Externship Acceptances:

Arkansas - Fort Smith - (Private Practice)
Dustbug10 - (I: 01/25/12) (A: 01/27/12)

4) Find the location of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order, beginning with the state and then the city.
5) Add the type of setting if it is not already there (Private Practice, ENT Clinic, Military, Pediatric, etc.)
6) In chronological order by the acceptance add your user name, date of interview, and date of acceptance.
7) Click submit .

Missouri - St. Louis - (Pediatric)
TheRealEar - (I: 12/11) (A: 1/12)

Members don't see this ad :)
7) Click submit .

New York - NYC - (University Medical Center)
cidanu - (I: 12/8/11) (A: 12/20/11)

Wow! Congratulations Cidanu! That sounds like an awesome experience.

Wow! Congratulations Cidanu! That sounds like an awesome experience.
thanks rEliseMe! i hope so. my goal in finding a 4th year was to find something where i could get experience in basically everything and have all options open at the end of the year. and i think that's pretty much what i've found.

most of my classmates have found externships by now and we're all pretty much relocating. so many transitions in the near future! it's a lot to take in.

in terms of placement types, one is going to a private practice (ENT/audiologists), two are going to university clinics, and everybody else has accepted hospital placements.

in terms of money, i don't exactly what people are getting, but at least a couple are taking unpaid positions, many are getting small stipends (10 to 15 grand), and a couple are getting salaries (in the range of high 20s to 30s/40s-maybe?) with benefits.

cidanu, where in NYC? NYU, NYEE, Columbia, Cornell? Congrats everyone. . . lets keep this thread going : )

Congrats to you guys! Now, I got to wait another 3 years to be on this thread. :laugh:

7) Click submit .

Vermont - Private Practice
realdoc27 - (I: 1/8/12) (A: 2/20/12)

If anybody is still looking for a 4th year externship and would be interested in working in a private ENT/Hearing Aid practice in Richmond, VA; please let me know. There's a position available to start in August.

Thanks!

7) Click submit .

Missouri - St. Louis - (University Medial Center & Pediatric Hospital)
smswieczorek - (I:11/13) (A: 11/13)

Vermont - Private Practice
realdoc27 - (I: 1/8/12) (A: 2/20/12)