The Official 4/26/13 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clothcut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In lieu of the other threads popping up, I thought it'd be good for those of us taking the test to identify ourselves :thumbup:

I'm not planning on following a rigid study schedule until January, but I think I'm going to watch a single video off of wikipremed daily to lightly review.

Good luck to everyone... we will crush this exam..

Members don't see this ad.

My friend who took the January test said his scores came out at 11AM...

Anyways...one last time:

Previous MCAT: 30
AAMC average: 35
Post-test prediction: 36+
Post-test prediction after I killed myself remembering everything I can: 32-36
Actual: ?????????????????????????????????????:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC/MCAT twitter update:

"We do not have a specific time that the 4/26 and 4/27 exam scores will be released. We will tweet as soon as they are."

The good news: that means it's today!

Good luck everyone!!

Anyways...one last time:

Actual: ?????????????????????????????????????:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Dude you will be fine. Watch some Arrested Development and calm your nerves till 3PM.

is it 3 eastern time? I sure hope so.. I don't know if I can make it to 3 PT before I wear out my computer pressing refresh

Going to lift at gym right by my house. Getting off of this. Scores won't change. They are what they are. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
How weird would it be for me to do a rain dance at work? I want to invoke the power and mercy of the mighty and omnipotent AAMC.

I ended up with a 27. 9/9/9. Really bummed because I scored 1-2 points below my average on Verbal and Bio. How do I underscore on my 2 best subjects?

Unsure if I will apply MD or not. I am a Florida resident and my UG gpa from 12+ years ago will haunt me with a 3.0. Even being a Chiropractor of 8 years might not save that application. My DO stats will be much more competitive. 3.54 gpa with a 27.

I'll think on it over dinner tonight and see if the cost and time of filling out AMCAS as well is worth it.

Thought i would welcome back SDN with some good news! Got a 40 (13/13/14) after averaging 35.8 on AAMC's and having a high of 39 on AAMC 8. On cloud 9

Thought i would welcome back SDN with some good news! Got a 40 (13/13/14) after averaging 35.8 on AAMC's and having a high of 39 on AAMC 8. On cloud 9
Congrats! I'm a little disappointed with a 36, but I guess it's not worth a retake.

Congrats! I'm a little disappointed with a 36, but I guess it's not worth a retake.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I got a 35

11PS/11VR/13BS

Not really going to make excuses why I didnt score higher. Hope everyone got some good news.

35 with 14VR, 11BS, 10 PS. I never got this uneven of a spread with practice tests and tended to get BS>VR>PS, with BS around 12 and PS around 11.

Oh wells, whatcha gonna do?

Oh right, predictions.

AAMC range: 33-38
AAMC average: 34.5
Post-MCAT prediction: 34+ (with 11 PS, 12BS, and 11 VR)

I got a 29 (11/7/11)....I am really disappointed because I've never got a 7 in verbal reasoning before - I think I'm in denial right now. My verbal scores have fluctuated the most from 8 - 13 on my practice exams but the most frustrating thing is I felt like I aced the verbal section and I can usually accurately gauge on how well I did after taking a practice exam for verbal.

I wish i could see what I got wrong on verbal....

Took 5/18 test, thought I did really well on verbal so I hope this doesn't happen to me.

Anyways...one last time:

Actual: 34 (11PS, 10V, 13BS)

I'm pretty happy with this test although I am a tiny bit disappointed because I put in more effort than any of my 3 friends who took it last year and all got 37s.

28(11,7,10). Couldn't been happier. I averaged 28 on AAMC FL's. This is my second mcat test. My first one was 20(8,3,9).

Now, I can move on to the next steps in my AACOMAS.

Thank you, everyone, for your support.

I ended up with a 27. 9/9/9. Really bummed because I scored 1-2 points below my average on Verbal and Bio. How do I underscore on my 2 best subjects?

Unsure if I will apply MD or not. I am a Florida resident and my UG gpa from 12+ years ago will haunt me with a 3.0. Even being a Chiropractor of 8 years might not save that application. My DO stats will be much more competitive. 3.54 gpa with a 27.

I'll think on it over dinner tonight and see if the cost and time of filling out AMCAS as well is worth it.

That's a nice balanced score for DO. However, I wouldn't waste your money on OOS MD schools.

Wow, nice score, but I'm not surprised. We all knew you were going to score 35. Didn't we?

Haha I guess so. Atleast the score was right on the money!

Congrats on you getting to your goal. Keep us posted on how well your app season goes. I will likely do the same on this thread.

28(11,7,10). Couldn't been happier. I averaged 28 on AAMC FL's. This is my second mcat test. My first one was 20(8,3,9).

Now, I can move on to the next steps in my AACOMAS.

Thank you, everyone, for your support.

Congrats and great job!!!!! :) And get a soda to celebrate! :)

That's a nice balanced score for DO. However, I wouldn't waste your money on OOS MD schools.
As Gandalf said, might be worth it to apply FL state schools and see what happens. I know UCF trends towards non-trads.

I'm hoping to see good results from the north eastern DO schools as that's where I'm originally from, PCOM, Touro-NYC etc.

Sigh. 31 (12-8-11). Better than my 30 last year (12-10-8) but I don't know what happened to my verbal.

=(

I guess I'll be the one to break up all this happiness: I got a 24- 10PS, 8VR, 6BS (I suspect others who didn't do as well don't want to post their scores)

Congrats to all those who achieved their goals! Suffice it to say I got what I deserved. Taking classes while studying for MCAT is not a good idea, so I kind of expected to not do so hot (plus I only took 1 FL before the real thing). Luckily I have been busting balls on the SN2ed schedule for the past month and I know that I can do better next time.

Its funny because I thought I got murdered by PS and that BS went really well, but I guess your post test feelings mean nothing.

See you again on August 15th, MCAT.

AAMC average: 31 (ranging from 29 to 34)
Feeling after test: actually felt quite good, but had no idea really
Actual: 32 (12, 9, 11)... okay I guess, but pretty disappointed with the verbal, got 11 on every single AAMC except for a 10 on one.