The Official 4/5/12 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there's kind of already a thread, but this is the official one ;)

I'm registered at 1PM (I think the only time offered on 4/5?) and this is a retake for me.

Using a variation of SN2ed's 3 month schedule (109 days) and started studying a few days ago.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a retaker from 30R on 9/2/11 - previous break down was 9/9/12

This time around, my averages were
PS: 13, V: 11, BS: 12.8
Total: 36.8

Test Day Prediction:
PS: 9, V: 11, BS: 13
Total: 33

Just had my first MCAT score nightmare last night. I dreamt that I got a 24 - 6 PS/9 VR/9 BS :scared:

Hahaha I had one two nights ago! Woke up in a cold sweat and freaked out my boyfriend lol. I dreamed I got a 5 PS/12VR/12 BS. Probably pretty accurate sadly....

I keep reminding myself that it's ok to not apply this cycle if I have to retake, I could work and get some bills paid off, strengthen my EC's, etc...

I already have two bottles of wine in the fridge for next week, one for before I look at the score and another for after haha. I'm just ready to know either way, I hate being in limbo like we have been for the past month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahaha I had one two nights ago! Woke up in a cold sweat and freaked out my boyfriend lol. I dreamed I got a 5 PS/12VR/12 BS. Probably pretty accurate sadly....

I keep reminding myself that it's ok to not apply this cycle if I have to retake, I could work and get some bills paid off, strengthen my EC's, etc...

I already have two bottles of wine in the fridge for next week, one for before I look at the score and another for after haha. I'm just ready to know either way, I hate being in limbo like we have been for the past month.

Hah, if I wasn't pregnant I would definitely have a few bottles of wine ready to go for next Tuesday. You guys will just have to get wasted on my behalf :laugh:

But I figure we can't have all bombed the PS section, right? Someone had to get at least a 10...

Hah, if I wasn't pregnant I would definitely have a few bottles of wine ready to go for next Tuesday. You guys will just have to get wasted on my behalf :laugh:

But I figure we can't have all bombed the PS section, right? Someone had to get at least a 10...

Mcat while pregnant? You deserve a medal

I will be INCREDIBLY jealous of whoever that person is :cool:

Guessing your PS section was like a pseudo verbal right? Weird because it was so conceptual.

I felt the same thing last may when I took it.

Ended up with an 11 after I thought I bombed the hell out of it.

Calm down. You're all almost 'done' done!

:)

Praying to the mcat gods for a 9 on ps. I really hope they'd scaled the ranges fairly since most of us feel we flunked it.

We think alike...I've dreamed of horrible scores (3's across the board) and great scores (37...bummer to wake up from that dream)...and my wine bar is currently stocked :)

I am a retaker from 9/10/11, previous score was 29R (11-10-8). Very upset about the PS section as that is normally my strongest.

Did all AAMCs and TBR CBT's, was expecting to score 32-34. Now I'm thinking it will be more like 29 (8-11-10). The thought of a second retake and/or applying to med schools this cycle with two identical scores is sickening.:(

I feel you. I had a 30 first time around too and I don't feel like I've made significant strides. sigh.

Had another MCAT dream last night. This time there was a geography section I had forgotten about and was totally unprepared for :smack: I guess the AAMC really wanted well-rounded physicians...

Had another MCAT dream last night. This time there was a geography section I had forgotten about and was totally unprepared for :smack: I guess the AAMC really wanted well-rounded physicians...

I think you made a better pun than you intended to.

Well-rounded. Geography. Earth. Round.

Get it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Tentative score release is Tuesday after 5 PM EST...do they typically come out earlier than that? Scared.

Well, the AAMC says, "Your scores should be released 30-35 days after your test date." The Tuesday date is 35 days. I asked my advisor about it, and she said the earliest she's seen scores released is 28 days. That would be today. So it's a remote possibility.

I just want to know so I can stop having these panicky dreams and deal with the scores, whatever they may be.

Well, the AAMC says, "Your scores should be released 30-35 days after your test date." The Tuesday date is 35 days. I asked my advisor about it, and she said the earliest she's seen scores released is 28 days. That would be today. So it's a remote possibility.

I just want to know so I can stop having these panicky dreams and deal with the scores, whatever they may be.
3/24 takers got their scores a few hours early, if that. However, they also were scheduled to get there's a couple of days earlier than us by comparison, which I don't really understand.

3/24 takers got their scores a few hours early, if that. However, they also were scheduled to get there's a couple of days earlier than us by comparison, which I don't really understand.

I was wondering about that too until I found out that scores are usually released on Tuesdays, so that's probably the reason for the discrepancy. 31 days after April 5th would be a Sunday.

I was wondering about that too until I found out that scores are usually released on Tuesdays, so that's probably the reason for the discrepancy. 31 days after April 5th would be a Sunday.
Ah yes, its kind of like how in Office Space, Initech will only fire people on a Friday :laugh:

Anyone know if there is any chance that they release the scores over the weekend?

I wish, but highly unlikely since I believe they do their MCAT registration maintenance over the weekends. I'd imagine that most scores are released on Tuesdays because it gives them the Monday to get everything finally loaded. The exceptions for the Tuesday rules are generally weeks with holiday Mondays, and then they release on Wednesdays.

(But I'm still checking every day...just in case :) )

Kick once for A, twice for B, three times for C, four for D .... Hahahah

wow reading everyone else's posts makes me feel like an underdog. My first mcat I made a 19. I studied my butt off for this one since Winter Break (December) and verbal improved a little and ps/bs shot up! I remain hopeful to get a 26 overall.

Counting on you guys to let me know if scores are released before 5PM EST on Tuesday :) I won't be looking until then.

wow reading everyone else's posts makes me feel like an underdog. My first mcat I made a 19. I studied my butt off for this one since Winter Break (December) and verbal improved a little and ps/bs shot up! I remain hopeful to get a 26 overall.

When reading the SDN forums: subtract .8 from any kind of grade point average, and 5 from MCAT scores and anything measured in inches. Should give you a more accurate picture. ;)

When reading the SDN forums: subtract .8 from any kind of grade point average, and 5 from MCAT scores and anything measured in inches. Should give you a more accurate picture. ;)

0.8 from GPA and 5 from MCAT is a little much, even considering how inflated SDN scores are.

If you did that, you would be looking at a 2.9GPA and 27MCAT for MD and a 2.7GPA and 23MCAT for DO.

I didn't want to think about this but it's now 2 days away so..

Practice Tests Range: 23-29. Average: 26.
Prediction: I so badly want a 30 ): But I'm probably going to get a 26... or worse. OH MY.

The suspense is killing me! I keep refreshing for the scores and it just makes me more anxious.

My average for 6 practice tests is a 37.3 ranging from 33 to 42.
This real test should've been easy...except the physical sciences stressed me out and killed my stride. The 5 hour energy shots I gulped down before PS definitely did more harm than good. I'm hoping for at least a 10 on physical sciences....ugh. Good luck to all because I know most of us hated the PS.

Maybe a slight exaggeration, but so funny! (And good to keep in mind!)

so anxious! cannot wait until they release it! * yay for first post ever!

Welcome!

Ugh. I'm not sure I want to check on the day or not. I have two finals the following day. Not sure I will be able to resist though. I am leaving for a trip directly after finals however and will need to know if I need to bring some study material :scared:

Practice exam average: AAMC 3-9: avg 31 AAMC 10-11: avg 35
Predicted score 28-34 (all depends on how badly I screwed up verbal)
Hoping for a 32+

I keep wondering if there's someone at the AMCAS computer center laughing at us all for logging in early. Why did I even think they might post scores between Sat night and Sun morning...?!

Ugh. I'm not sure I want to check on the day or not. I have two finals the following day. Not sure I will be able to resist though. I am leaving for a trip directly after finals however and will need to know if I need to bring some study material :scared:

Same. I have an exam tomorrow, and a final exam on Wednesday and Thursday!

Same. I have an exam tomorrow, and a final exam on Wednesday and Thursday!

Ditto here. My plan is to just until finals are over and then check. The score (whether perfect or not) will be there. Finals/ GPA first then grieve or relieve of MCAT scores later. ;)

Ditto here. My plan is to just until finals are over and then check. The score (whether perfect or not) will be there. Finals/ GPA first then grieve or relieve of MCAT scores later. ;)

That was my plan too, until I realized that I won't be able to avoid checking once I find out (via SDN) that the scores are available.

aamc practice test average (8 exams): 13/11/13 = 37
MCAT prediction: 8/11/13 = 32

PS really hurt me. And when I say this section was bad for me, I dont mean "oh I had to guess one one or two questions", I mean "WTF is this, the discretes are taking me way too long and the passages were semi-verbal and way too cluttered and difficult".

Im really hoping for a generous scale on this PS section. I can honestly say out of the 9 kaplan full lengths i took and the 8 aamc tests i took, the PS section was the hardest and more disheartening section i have ever taken!.
The verbal was as difficult as I had expected, and the BS was a little easier than I had hoped (with the exception being some difficult ochem questions)

two more days!

PS really hurt me. And when I say this section was bad for me, I dont mean "oh I had to guess one one or two questions", I mean "WTF is this, the discretes are taking me way too long and the passages were semi-verbal and way too cluttered and difficult".

Im really hoping for a generous scale on this PS section. I can honestly say out of the 9 kaplan full lengths i took and the 8 aamc tests i took, the PS section was the hardest and more disheartening section i have ever taken!.
The verbal was as difficult as I had expected, and the BS was a little easier than I had hoped (with the exception being some difficult ochem questions)

two more days!
Exact same situation for me dude. My averages were the same as yours and my test day prediction was a 9/11/13 = 33. Oh well, what can we do? I agree with you that out of all the tests that I have taken, that PS was harder than all AAMC and TBR CBTs.:thumbdown:

two more days!

There is 0 chance that you were AVERAGING a 13 through every AAMC exam and all of a sudden, you think you got an 8. Either you are a drama queen, a troll, or are just being completely irrational. Sure the PS was hard, but will everyone chill out with all the dramatics - we didn't all get 7s and 8s on PS. Hell I averaged between a 30 - 34 on all of my exams and I think that's exactly where I will wind up.

I'm nervous as I'm sure everyone else is - just tired of reading all the "Oh man I think I got a 6 on the Physical Sciences blah blah" - I guess there's just nothing better to post as we all wait.

There is 0 chance that you were AVERAGING a 13 through every AAMC exam and all of a sudden, you think you got an 8. Either you are a drama queen, a troll, or are just being completely irrational. Sure the PS was hard, but will everyone chill out with all the dramatics - we didn't all get 7s and 8s on PS. Hell I averaged between a 30 - 34 on all of my exams and I think that's exactly where I will wind up.

I'm nervous as I'm sure everyone else is - just tired of reading all the "Oh man I think I got a 6 on the Physical Sciences blah blah" - I guess there's just nothing better to post as we all wait.

can I say that I am worried that I got a 6 in verbal?

I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times on SDN and probably a few times on this thread but I was wondering what the chance that we get the scores 1 day early, on Monday? Does anyone here have personal experience or know someone that has gotten their MCAT score a day before the tentative release date?

I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times on SDN and probably a few times on this thread but I was wondering what the chance that we get the scores 1 day early, on Monday? Does anyone here have personal experience or know someone that has gotten their MCAT score a day before the tentative release date?

It's pretty unlikely based on my expired MCAT experience and recent SDN threads.

I guess there's just nothing better to post as we all wait.

I made an awesome dinner tonight: sweet adobo chipotle peppers and ancho chili beef enchiladas, corn and queso stuffed bell peppers, rice and refried beans, and fresh orange lime margaritas.