The Official 5/21/2011 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sacha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone! I'm taking the test on 21st may and looking for fellow test takers:) I just started studying today...

Members don't see this ad.

did everyone submit their apps yet?

I nearly finished my work/activities.
Waiting on my PS edits...
I think I am going to submit on 6/10 (11 days before scores released!).

How does the update system work? For instance if you send your application the first time and pay the money (lets just say $300), but you decide to retake or update your application profile, do you have to pay the money again?

Members don't see this ad :)
How does the update system work? For instance if you send your application the first time and pay the money (lets just say $300), but you decide to retake or update your application profile, do you have to pay the money again?

You can't update any of your information except LORs

You can also add schools.

Over than that, PS/Work/Activities, you cannot change.

I am not sure about personal information.

Haven't even written my ps. For some reason, the fact that I don't have my MCAT score isn't helping this end.

Yeah, I kind of want to not submit my AMCAS before I get my scores... (I am predicting 29-34.... which is pretty wide, anything below a 30 will change my decision for a lot of schools I am considering to apply to)
But I also would like to get my app verified ASAP.

Do what I did. Submit your amcas for verification for 1 school (I chose the school I care least about getting into and is not as competitive as some other schools so a 29 won't be totally out of the realm of possibility of acceptance). then when you get your score, you can add schools and your app will get sent that day (june 21). no amcas app is submitted to any school until june 17th anyway so yeah. verification is taking about a week. I'm still not verified because one of my schools has yet to submit the darn transcript but yeah, at least i'm trying haha.

I am always reading about people having post mcat dreams about their scores. I thought these people were crazy. Well, about 2 weeks after my exam I had mine.

PS= 7, VR=1, BS=6

ahhh!!!!

You can't update any of your information except LORs

You can also add schools.

Over than that, PS/Work/Activities, you cannot change.

I am not sure about personal information.

Yeah, I kind of want to not submit my AMCAS before I get my scores... (I am predicting 29-34.... which is pretty wide, anything below a 30 will change my decision for a lot of schools I am considering to apply to)
But I also would like to get my app verified ASAP.
Okay, that's very helpful, thanks! :)

nearly finished w/ work/activities......

When I look at other people's MDapp profiles, it is really intimidating because there are impressive apps...

And waiting for my score isn't helping....(I am feeling like a 24-32, REALLY hoping that my VR is at least a bare minimum 7.....)

I also called several admissions offices and they said the cutoff for VR is 7-8.... This has discouraged me to submit my application because my practice ranged from 5-8...... MD dreams going out the gutter

Last edited:
I feel ya'

I have 3 paragraphs witten on my PS, and a few EC's on paper. I just can't muster up the motivation. So much for submitting today...

10 days...in about 3 more hours. I will post every single day on this thread. How long did those 3 paragraphs take? I hope to finish my PS in 5 days, get it editted/reviewed, then submitted by the 21st. I have 0 words so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
My transcripts were received by amcas today. Currently editing my PS but the rest of the app is done, so I should be submitting in the next few days.

Boom.

I worked on mine for a couple of months this spring

Meh. I'm going for that 3days/3 paragraphs rate. If I worked on it for a couple of months, a lot of those hours would consist of blank staring at my terminal. That's just me.

Here's my thing, look at how others wrote their PS for similar experiences (tutoring, research, etc) emulate or not emulate depending on my apathy or liking. Watch a few vids/documentaries on doctors, choose the cool parts in relation to my experiences, and write with epic music in the background.

I literally wrote mine in 2.5-3 hours, had two people review it, made a couple changes, and submitted. I was worried about not having my application in as early as possible. Now I realize I probably should have added an additional long paragraph, since there was plenty of space to do so >.< Can't edit now, so what's done is done. Hopefully med schools won't hate it enough to reject me based on it. We'll see.

Here's the jump start for your brain that you've been searching for.

720p or bust. Volume up.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXskEPDi5Pc[/YOUTUBE]

I'm barely holding up. Post-MCAT anxiety has officially set in. I had my first dream last night...9/9/9. I'm trying hard not to think about it.
AMCAS is still waiting on one transcript so I can't even get verified- maybe this is the universe's way of protecting me from my horrible score- talk about paranoid.

I had a dream that I was taking the mcat for the 3rd time, but I still didn't know what I got on the first one so I was taking it again just in case...except I forgot to keep studying. Dreams ftw

I'm freaking out about this test score also. I took the mcat previously and got a 31P sooo if I get less I am screwed! I did really well on practice tests but we shall see..

Also, it was a bad idea to take Kaplan practice test 10 4 days before the test. Hurt my confidence. If you have taken that one you know what I'm talking about.

I wish you all the best from a 5/26'er. I hope you get your score of choice (45T's all around?)

P.S. This thread only has ~500 posts! Us in the 5/26 have ~800.

So I started on my personal statement...first sentence:

"Meticulously wiping the outer rims of patient's glory hole and removing the source of fecal odor when they missed their commode, cultivated my desire to be a doctor rather than a CNA."

thoughts?

Last edited:

"Meticulously wiping the outer rims of patient's glory hole and removing the source of fecal odor when they missed their commode, cultivated my desire to be a doctor rather than a CNA."

thoughts?

In all honesty if it was me who read that........you would be invited for an interview asap :laugh:

thoughts?

Hmm... I think the comma in there is unnecessary. And I think it should be "patients' glory holes"...

One thing is for sure though, it is attention grabbing :laugh:

thoughts?

it is a little ambiguous. i read the term "glory hole" to mean something different and I was a little confused at first. You should clear that up.

what are u guys gonna do when u find out your score?

Great/Good: Go swim in the ocean with a big smile on my face. Then get plastered!
Average/Expected: Vent. Then get plastered!
Bad/Terrible: Cry and eat a big steak. Then get plastered!

Any chance these scores come out before next Tuesday? Just wondering since we're the next group (along with the 5/20 people) to get scores and no scores were released this week.

I know they're typically on the day specified, but here's to hoping!

thoughts?

I lol'd when I read it. It certainly grabs the attention, but you better explain the rest of the story. :laugh:

Also it's a little graphic. I can almost smell the ****.

Any chance these scores come out before next Tuesday? Just wondering since we're the next group (along with the 5/20 people) to get scores and no scores were released this week.

I know they're typically on the day specified, but here's to hoping!

I know one person who said their score was a week earlier than posted, and one person who said it was exactly at the date and time... I, however, am NOT loving the wait... I find it agonizing... Like as in the GRE can be scored in about .2 seconds, WTH is AAMC's issue! ;) I hate waiting for stuff like this... it kills me... my apps are all in, and that's killing me too... the "what if" brain has gone wild...

I know one person who said their score was a week earlier than posted, and one person who said it was exactly at the date and time... I, however, am NOT loving the wait... I find it agonizing... Like as in the GRE can be scored in about .2 seconds, WTH is AAMC's issue! ;) I hate waiting for stuff like this... it kills me... my apps are all in, and that's killing me too... the "what if" brain has gone wild...

Have they really released them a week early in the past? I hate the wait too. There's no reason they can't just give us a raw score.

what are u guys gonna do when u find out your score?

Great/Good: Go swim in the ocean with a big smile on my face. Then get plastered!
Average/Expected: Vent. Then get plastered!
Bad/Terrible: Cry and eat a big steak. Then get plastered!

I'm with you! When scores come out, I will either be drinking in celebration or in sorrow. :laugh:

I'll be across the globe when they come out...all the way in India :)

I'll probably scream and then party like a rockstar if it's good. If not, then I'll cry and reschedule and then party like a rockstar in my sorrow.

I'll be across the globe when they come out...all the way in India :)

I'll probably scream and then party like a rockstar if it's good. If not, then I'll cry and reschedule and then party like a rockstar in my sorrow.

India?!?!?!?

Don't drink water, even bottled water!

I guess you will have to drink beer with us! :D