The Official 5/21/2011 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sacha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone! I'm taking the test on 21st may and looking for fellow test takers:) I just started studying today...

Members don't see this ad.

Can it be predict your score tiem naow?
Give a number and a range (+/- 1), update when you actually get ehm!

I predict: 32
Range: 31-33

I know what I want and I know what I'd guess,
but I'd rather the MCAT GODs,
Not smite me for this test.

So for now I'll avoid any sort of prediction,
please forgive my dereliction,
as I fear that this test's consummation,
will be up my rear end.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what I want and I know what I'd guess,
but I'd rather the MCAT GODs,
Not smite me for this test.

So for now I'll avoid any sort of prediction,
please forgive my dereliction,
as I fear that this test's consummation,
will be up my rear end.

Haha how poetic. I'm with you on this one. :)

I signed up for the 7/16 date in case I bombed the 5/21 (which will probably be solely due to verbal). Kind of getting tired studying for it and hope that the scores come back kosher (for me) so I can just stop for god's sake studying.

End of rant.

question about secondary app's:
my primary app is already verified, but i have been doing some volunteer work as of late and wanted to add this to my work/activities...I received a secondary app, should I not submit this app until i get re-verified?
Also, should I just not update my app at all for one volunteer experience? And perhaps talk about it in my secondary.
Thanks in advance

question about secondary app's:
my primary app is already verified, but i have been doing some volunteer work as of late and wanted to add this to my work/activities...I received a secondary app, should I not submit this app until i get re-verified?
Also, should I just not update my app at all for one volunteer experience? And perhaps talk about it in my secondary.
Thanks in advance

there's a place for questions like these in http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=823760

I want my score NOW.... I'm sick of waiting!!! ARGH!!! They do this just to torment us I think...

ok NOW!?!?!?

How about NOW???!?!?!
UGH!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I want my score NOW.... I'm sick of waiting!!! ARGH!!! They do this just to torment us I think...

ok NOW!?!?!?

How about NOW???!?!?!
UGH!!!

As crazy as this may sound, I actually want a last minute reprieve and have them delay the scores for another week. :scared:

They send you the notice in the mail, then you mail back a signed release form and then they mail you your scores by donkey. Everything is done by donkey, this is why it takes 30 days to get your scores.

had a family BBQ today... 6 people asked how I did on the MCAT. I think I was going to pop!

I have a cousin, 16 years old "who is going to be a doctor"

Aunt: "Michael (16 year old cousin) is taking AP Chem so I want him to be a Bio and Chem double major to get into med school"

Me: "oh really, have you told him that yet?"

Aunt: "well don't you think that will get him into med school"

Me: "I think hard work will get him into med school. Why not let him choose what ever major he wants?"

Aunt: "I don't want him to waste 5 years like you did"
(I have a 5 year master of architecture degree)

:bang: How do you start a PS "My mom wanted me to be a doctor"?

I swear on everything that is holy, I will NOT be a helicopter parent!!! She may very well still wipe his ass.

Last edited:
Actually, the aamc outsourced grading to china.

Your centers send all your answer choices to china by donkey, they check all the answers there by hand, send everything to the aamc by donkey, then the aamc scales the scores and sends the scaled scores back to their sweatshop in china, which then compiles everything and sends it back to the aamc. The aamc makes sure it's okay, then sends it back to china yet again so they can individually hand wrap the scores in envelopes contaminated with lead which they then mail to the facilities that have washed up lab test animals. These animals then update the scores to the website so we can check it.

It might sound complicated, but it saves the AAMC a ton of money, which is why our tests are not 500 dollars!

had a family BBQ today... 6 people asked how I did on the MCAT. I think I was going to pop!

I have a cousin, 16 years old "who is going to be a doctor"

Aunt: "Michael (16 year old cousin) is taking AP Chem so I want him to be a Bio and Chem double major to get into med school"

Me: "oh really, have you told him that yet?"

Aunt: "well don't you think that will get him into med school"

Me: "I think hard work will get him into med school. Why not let him choose what ever major he wants?"

Aunt: "I don't want him to waste 5 years like you did"
(I have a 5 year master of architecture degree)

:bang: How do you start a PS "My mom wanted me to be a doctor"?

I swear on everything that is holy, I will NOT be a helicopter parent!!! She may very well still wipe his ass.

Double major in bio and chem huh? Why not just major in biochem? XD.

As for wasting five years... she probably thinks all you did in that time was doodle pictures of 2D houses. Parents just dont understand... :p

During my gathering with the elders and their offspring coming up, I will tell all that I've decided to drop my medical school ambitions and become a barber with the hope of opening up a shop called "Catch a Fade." I want to have the opportunity to do this in front of my parents. I'd like to see how self conscious they are of what their offspring is doing when other elders are around. If they care about what other people think, they'll insist I'm applying to medical school; if they don't, they'll go along with it.

The nervousness has set in. I have a feeling I'll be in a constant state of anxiety until Tuesday afternoon/evening.

I'm already dreaming of failing the retake I'll have to do after getting scores from this one and finding out how bad I did :(

I'm trying to work at double the pace on all my summer classes and assignments. In case I have to re-take the MCAT I'll have plenty of time to study. :(

First Post! I'm relieved to know there are other people who feel my pain.. prepping for a "just in case" retake is brutal.

I took the mcat and got a 23 so i retook the 21st. My practice scored were significantly better and I felt kinda good about this MCAT (felt bad about the bio, but ii felt way worse the first time). So honestly I am just looking for a 27+ as I am only applying at DO schools. Until today I had no cares about how I did, but for some reason, I am now freaking out.

Ahhh ****t less than 48 hrs

Gentlemen.jpg

anyone on sc2?

I am. /w tepchan

If anyone wants a good book to read to kill the next couple days, look for Complications by Atul Gawande. He has a few other books as well, but IMO complications is the most fun to read.

Last edited:
I am. /w tepchan

If anyone wants a good book to read to kill the next couple days, look for Complications by Atul Gawande. He has a few other books as well, but IMO complications is the most fun to read.

all his books/articles are pretty bomb.

checklist manifesto is really useful and interesting because most professions will use this checklist idea.

all his books/articles are pretty bomb.

checklist manifesto is really useful and interesting because most professions will use this checklist idea.

I haven't seen his articles, but I read Better and parts of Checklist Manifesto. Both were good, but I had a hard time putting Complications down. It wins as a fun read IMO

I haven't seen his articles, but I read Better and parts of Checklist Manifesto. Both were good, but I had a hard time putting Complications down. It wins as a fun read IMO

I read complications about 3 years ago and it was amazing. Better was okay, and I read half of checklist manifesto (so far so good).

I just finished Doctor's diaries.... man everyone in there is pretty depressed!
Hope I don't get divorced.... Just need my one and only.

Why has there still not been an update on our score release? every other date had one like a week in advance...they've just been telling the 6/16ers to be on time (duh) and that the office was closing at 2 on 6/17 (you know, to ensure further delay of our scores).
i think part of the reason they do this is to weed people out- if you survive the last couple of days, you should get a bonus point haha.
good luck tomorrow (hopefully!) everyone!

Well, this is embarrassing. I was thinking about MCAT scores while driving to work this morning, and all of a sudden I felt really sick, had to stop on the side of the road and threw up. Guess nerves are getting to me. :laugh:

Also read 'Cutting for Stone' by Abraham Verghese.

Incredibly well written book on medical fiction. He's a great writer and medicine just happens to be involved in the plot. I mean, he's a doc and dean at stanford med so that might have to do with the inclusion, but it's more of a tale of how strange life can possibly be.

Also read 'Cutting for Stone' by Abraham Verghese.

Incredibly well written book on medical fiction. He's a great writer and medicine just happens to be involved in the plot. I mean, he's a doc and dean at stanford med so that might have to do with the inclusion, but it's more of a tale of how strange life can possibly be.

I prefer Superfudge and Alice in Wonderland.

Hmm isn't it supposed to post tomorrow at 3 PM?

S6 was referring to the possibility (or very slim possibility, in this instance) of the release of scores TODAY rather than tomorrow.

And, yes, all times are eastern time (ET).

S6 was referring to the possibility (or very slim possibility, in this instance) of the release of scores TODAY rather than tomorrow.

And, yes, all times are eastern time (ET).

Hate to break it to you guys but please stop day dreaming about the donkey arriving back to the US from China with the results today. It will definitely arrive tomorrow by 3 PM, it's a 7195 mile distance that it has to cover.

I read complications about 3 years ago and it was amazing. Better was okay, and I read half of checklist manifesto (so far so good).

I just finished Doctor's diaries.... man everyone in there is pretty depressed!
Hope I don't get divorced.... Just need my one and only.

I watched Doctor's Diaries recently too. Man, that was some pretty depressing stuff. It was interesting to see people that have been practicing for years portrayed in that light though.