The Official 8/17/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LaurenMarie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's all dread this date together! :scared:

How/when are you guys studying? (i.e. SN2ed, Kaplan, TBR)

EDIT: I'm attaching simple charts I made to keep track of my progress for each set of passages for the SN2ed schedule. Its helpful to monitor how you are progressing and will show you what areas to work on. ENJOY :)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Physics Passage Scores.doc
    79 KB · Views: 249
  • Biology Passage Scores.doc
    73 KB · Views: 136
  • Organic Chemistry Passage Scores.doc
    67 KB · Views: 115
  • Verbal Reasoning.doc
    143 KB · Views: 105
  • General Chemistry Passage Scores.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Where is everyone else in their studying?

I'm basically done content review, just in the progress of doing all the Kaplan topical/section tests (2-3/day), EK Verbal 101 (2/week), EK Physics 1001 (60/week) and Phys/Chem/Ochem TBR passages (4-8/day). Going to do a full-length every week starting tomorrow as well.

I went from a 6 in bio on my diagnostic to an 11 on my first Kaplan section test so I am overjoyed but hoping Kaplan isn't overly inflated/easy!

I have 1 chapter left in TBR Physics to finish and then I'm going to do an intense Bio and Ochem review within 5 days. Those are my stronger subjects, so most of it should be review and not relearning things...hopefully.

Just about to finish content review myself. Haven't taken any diagnostics yet, still wondering if I should go back to the earliest chapters (esp physics and bio) to refresh my knowledge

Yeah I definitely need a refresher too because I can barely remember anything from the first few topics... but I'm going to do them sort of as I go along with practice tests/passages because I don't learn as well from just reading the textbook. :(

I have 1 chapter left in TBR Physics to finish and then I'm going to do an intense Bio and Ochem review within 5 days. Those are my stronger subjects, so most of it should be review and not relearning things...hopefully.

Sounds good, seems like we're all coming along nicely! :D

Where is everyone else in their studying?

I'm basically done content review, just in the progress of doing all the Kaplan topical/section tests (2-3/day), EK Verbal 101 (2/week), EK Physics 1001 (60/week) and Phys/Chem/Ochem TBR passages with TPR passages for bio (4-8/day). Going to do a full-length every week starting tomorrow as well.

I went from a 6 in bio on my diagnostic to an 11 on my first Kaplan section test so I am overjoyed but hoping Kaplan isn't overly inflated/easy!

I have 20 more pages to read for bio then I'm done with content! I should be taking my first aamc on Friday. To be honest, I'm not expecting to do better than a 7 on BS (at first). I'm "done" with content review, but a lot of the bio I've never been exposed to so I'm going to take the time to actually learn/study it between full lengths. I just needed to get through content for everything else while somewhat getting a feel for the bio. I should be good for PS.. but we'll see I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 20 more pages to read for bio then I'm done with content! I should be taking my first aamc on Friday. To be honest, I'm not expecting to do better than a 7 on BS (at first). I'm "done" with content review, but a lot of the bio I've never been exposed to so I'm going to take the time to actually learn/study it between full lengths. I just needed to get through content for everything else while somewhat getting a feel for the bio. I should be good for PS.. but we'll see I guess.

Review all questions, even the ones you get right. Biology is tough - I was a physiology major, and somehow I'm pulling 12/13's on PS but only 10/11's on Bio....very weird..

Hey guys, I posted this on the main page, but since I'm a part of the group, I thought I'd post it here as well to get more feedback. I'm requesting some advice on what to change over these last 5 weeks to catch up and/or be the most efficient since I am over 1 week behind in my review..

First-Time Taker - Applying This Cycle
>1 Week Behind Sn2ed Schedule​

I'm just now about to start the last week of section reviews which include:
  • OChem - Ch. 8 (Lab Techniques)
  • EK BIO - Ch. 8 & 9 (Muscle/Bone/Skin & Populations)
  • TBR Physics - Ch. 9 & 10 (Circuit & Light/Optics)
  • TBR GChem - Ch. 9 & 10 (Kinetics & Electrochemistry)

By taking out break days, not the doing 2nd 1/3 pass. of ^ sections and taking out the Hat Trick day, I'll STILL be 5 days behind schedule. Assuming I'm able to stick with it (no breaks), that reduces my review time down to barely 3 weeks and up until the day before MCAT. I'd like as much review time as possible to go back over weak areas, memorize formulas, review notecards, etc., which is why I'm looking for suggestions.

I've read through many old posts and have come up with a several possibilities, so let me know what you think:
a) Take out my last 2 EK 1001 days, only re-read chapters and start on the next day's section. = (+2 Extra Days)
b) Don't review as I usually have. Instead of TBR, use EK to do a fast intensive concept sweep and dive right into TBR the passages, learning from them during review.
c) Finish these last chapters by reading and taking notes ONLY, taking no re-read days (since I'll be reviewing them again in a few weeks). = (+1 Extra Day)
d) Don't start the review of last sections and instead start taking FLs next week as I was planned to. I would be careful to review mistakes and focus on areas I wasn't able to from these last chapters.
e) Take out one or more scheduled AAMC FL's and their review days (i.e. #3)
f) Instead of reviewing the last sections as usual, go ahead and take all sections of The Official MCAT® Self-Assessment tests to see where my weak areas are and focus on those.
g) Stay on my schedule, push back the MCAT another week or two (into my difficult semester) and hope that I am able to ignore the first week or two of classes enough to adequately finish my last 1-2 weeks of FL's and review.

Sorry for the length, I just wanting to give enough info on where I am for those who would like to throw their hat in. Any help or opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all very much in advanced!

Hey guys, I posted this on the main page, but since I'm a part of the group, I thought I'd post it here as well to get more feedback. I'm requesting some advice on what to change over these last 5 weeks to catch up and/or be the most efficient since I am over 1 week behind in my review..

I'm just now about to start the last week of section reviews which include:
  • OChem - Ch. 8 (Lab Techniques)
  • EK BIO - Ch. 8 & 9 (Muscle/Bone/Skin & Populations)
  • TBR Physics - Ch. 9 & 10 (Circuit & Light/Optics)
  • TBR GChem - Ch. 9 & 10 (Kinetics & Electrochemistry)

Hmm, well I'm obviously not able to answer what is better for you, but I can tell you what I would probably do. I would first start by combining the last two physics chapters into one day. Very possibly the same for the last two gen chem chapters. I found the kinetics chapter to be much easier than many of the other ones. The populations chapter for bio does not seem too intense, so I would maybe attempt that one with the last organic chapter. That could save 2-3 days maybe

Sorry for the length, I just wanting to give enough info on where I am for those who would like to throw their hat in. Any help or opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you all very much in advanced!

Hey! Just like LaurenMarie I'm not really in a place to tell you what's best for you, only you can determine that. I'll let you know what I did/have been doing...I started out with SN2ed's schedule, but then after about a month of constantly rescheduling due to days where I would take even 2 days to review topics in a chapter that I was iffy about, I decided to go with my own plan. Although it's slower than what the "average" SDNer would do for content review, personally I feel that once I have gone through content thoroughly the first time, it's so much easier (and faster) for me to review if I miss questions based on those topics. Although I will be stressing a lot of practice passages and practice FLs during these next several weeks, content is still going to be reviewed and solidified. I'm not done with content quite yet, and I (too) am a little bit behind schedule.

I'm not too worried about it because completing a specific schedule isn't going to get you a 35+ on the mcat. However, slacking isn't going to get you a 35+ on the mcat either.

In your case, if you need to triage materials, then do that. For me, I've been dabbling a bit here and there with EK1001, TPRH science workbook, EK Bio, and the Kaplan Bio book, but have kept the TBR books/passages for my foundation in content review. If it comes down to it, postpone your test if your practice FLs are not within the range you want. Just don't stress too much about staying on schedule (but don't slack either)...you don't even more stress...it'll just make your performance suboptimal.

TL;DR Revise your schedule according to your needs. Triage materials. Stay as stress free as possible.

Different strokes for different folks.

I took AAMC 3 today and did much better than I expected! I'm pretty shocked that I hit 10 in BS considering how much bio knowledge I feel that I lack.

I hope everyone's studying is going well. Five more weeks until we're done. We can do this :thumbup:

I took AAMC 3 today and did much better than I expected! I'm pretty shocked that I hit 10 in BS considering how much bio knowledge I feel that I lack.

I hope everyone's studying is going well. Five more weeks until we're done. We can do this :thumbup:

Did you feel that TBR bio passages helped?

Did you feel that TBR bio passages helped?

I'm really not sure. I stopped doing tbr bio passages after chapter 4. They were kicking my ass. I was pretty much guessing on all of them and I wasn't learning anything from them. I've started doing EK 1001 for bio. I know it isn't reflective of the test, but I really need to get the material down, and 1001 is good for that.

I'm really not sure. I stopped doing tbr bio passages after chapter 4. They were kicking my ass. I was pretty much guessing on all of them and I wasn't learning anything from them. I've started doing EK 1001 for bio. I know it isn't reflective of the test, but I really need to get the material down, and 1001 is good for that.

EK 1001 bio has just passages right? Are those passages a lot easier/helpful than TBR?

<- hasn't done too much EK 1001 for bio, but may if they are more helpful than TBR

Members don't see this ad :)
EK 1001 bio has just passages right? Are those passages a lot easier/helpful than TBR?

<- hasn't done too much EK 1001 for bio, but may if they are more helpful than TBR

I don't really know how to compare any of it to what was on the practice test. It all kind of seems different. The only reason I'm doing 1001 for bio is because I have a serious lack of content knowledge for bio. I've never seen most of it before. It all just depends on what works best for you honestly. TBR works for a lot of people, but I didn't feel that it was working for me for bio. I loved it for every other subject though.

Hey, Lauren, thank for the advice. I'm going to look back at what is left and try to condense it down a little. I like the idea of putting the last 2 physics chapters together.
Thanks

Hey, Lauren, thank for the advice. I'm going to look back at what is left and try to condense it down a little. I like the idea of putting the last 2 physics chapters together.
Thanks

No problem! Also, near the last few days of content review for me, I gave up on trying to take notes while reading. I never ended up looking back at them. It made it go a lot faster for me. I just wrote down equations and really important stuff.

I memorized every equation for the mcat. On the real deal 5/31 I ended up only needing 5 of them. I sort of forgot we only have 34 days left, time to kick studying into high gear, aka start restudying for real.

I memorized every equation for the mcat. On the real deal 5/31 I ended up only needing 5 of them. I sort of forgot we only have 34 days left, time to kick studying into high gear, aka start restudying for real.

haha...exactly my sentiments. :eek:

Hello Everyone! It looks like I'll be joining you guys/gals on this test date. I recently took the test on 7/14, and I decided to void. I had always thought an extra month or two would have been beneficial, so it wasn't the end of the world for me.

Just a reminder, the test can (and most probably will) attack your weak areas! So make sure to study those weak areas while you can! Refreshing yourself on strong areas may be beneficial, but understanding the basics on weak areas will yield even more points!

Best of luck everyone, one month stretch here we go!

How do you feel about memorizing the physics equations? There's a LOT, and likely too many to memorize. I'm thinking about memorizing the kinetics equations and some electricity equations, then maybe reasoning out the others?

Haha, well I have to move into my new place on August 17th so I just switched my test date back to September.

Good luck to all of you - keep grinding away and it'll be over before you know it!

Ah, I literally just finished my first FL today (Kaplan 1) and got a 30 (12/8/10)... a bit surprised about verbal because I've been getting 10s on all my practice tests and even my diagnostic was a 9, but I'm quite pleased with the others, because I got 8 and 6 on my diagnostic a month ago for physics and bio.

Has anyone else started doing practice full lengths yet? I feel like my goal of getting >33 on the real thing is actually possible now! Unless this was a complete fluke lol :eek:

Ah, I literally just finished my first FL today (Kaplan 1) and got a 30 (12/8/10)... a bit surprised about verbal because I've been getting 10s on all my practice tests and even my diagnostic was a 9, but I'm quite pleased with the others, because I got 8 and 6 on my diagnostic a month ago for physics and bio.

Has anyone else started doing practice full lengths yet? I feel like my goal of getting >33 on the real thing is actually possible now! Unless this was a complete fluke lol :eek:

Wow, congrats on your great score. I'm sure you will break 33... I'm feeling a 35 if you can keep the trend going up the last month like it seems a lot of people can do. Good luck!

Hey, what has everyone done about immunology? EK seems to put no emphasis at all on it at all (a few paragraphs), but TBR has a large section on it? Not sure if I should or shouldn't be diving deep into the details on this area.

Wow, congrats on your great score. I'm sure you will break 33... I'm feeling a 35 if you can keep the trend going up the last month like it seems a lot of people can do. Good luck!

Hey, what has everyone done about immunology? EK seems to put no emphasis at all on it at all (a few paragraphs), but TBR has a large section on it? Not sure if I should or shouldn't be diving deep into the details on this area.

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I hope so but I've been reading that Kaplan's exam's have a very lenient curve so I will definitely keep working hard this last month.

Immunology was entirely new to me and my Kaplan books weren't making sense, so I just watched a few of Khan Academy's on the immune system which really helped and I'm hoping it covers everything we need to know. TBR bio is crazy over-detailed in general from what I've heard, so I'm guessing the MCAT is probably more similar to EK's content!

Hey guys! I can't believe there's only 32 days until test day >.<

just wondering, how you guys practicing for the writing section? I've been taking CBTs and doing the essays, and I even did a couple of prompts just for practice, but I honestly don't know how to score myself or even if how I'm writing is in line with what the graders want :p just wondering if you guys had any suggestions! Thanks and happy studying everyone.

Took AAMC 3 today...I've finished up PS content review...I ditched BS content review to focus more on Physics and G.Chem (gaining more intuition and increasing calculation speed), so I still need to finished up reading Bio stuff (esp. physiology-related subjects). Verbal Reasoning is a b*tch. :diebanana::boom:

Anyway..Here's my breakdown PS/VR/BS (10/6/12) --> 28. :annoyed:

Made a very stupid mistake...After finishing passage VII on PS, I clicked end and missed the last 5 discretes. I had time remaining and could've finished those if I wasn't so careless. I did each one without looking at the answer and could've gotten the last 5 discretes right. FML.

Does anyone know what the breakdown for this test was? I'm just curious as to how much more my score could've gone up with 5 more points in PS. mer.

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing awesome.

Hey guys! I can't believe there's only 32 days until test day >.<

just wondering, how you guys practicing for the writing section? I've been taking CBTs and doing the essays, and I even did a couple of prompts just for practice, but I honestly don't know how to score myself or even if how I'm writing is in line with what the graders want :p just wondering if you guys had any suggestions! Thanks and happy studying everyone.

If you take the free TPR diagnostic they will grade your writing sample and give you feedback as well! Pretty nice for a freebie. hehe.

Other than that, I'm only going to practice writing on my last few CBTs just to adjust to having an extra hour for the real test.

Wow, 12 on a diagnostic BS is great! I need to study BS like you are haha

Lol, I just hope it wasn't a fluke! I am a bio major, but physiology classes at my university aren't emphasized enough. There is only one A&P course at my school and usually only freshmen nursing majors take it. So, physiology will definitely need to be learned well on my end. As for Ochem, it's my strongest subject, but I don't want to leave any holes in my content review. Gah, I'm really worried about VR. I know what I'm doing wrong, but it's like I just can't seem to improve....My scores range anywhere from a 6-10 and if graphed would look like an EKG. lol.

Lol, I just hope it wasn't a fluke! I am a bio major, but physiology classes at my university aren't emphasized enough. There is only one A&P course at my school and usually only freshmen nursing majors take it. So, physiology will definitely need to be learned well on my end. As for Ochem, it's my strongest subject, but I don't want to leave any holes in my content review. Gah, I'm really worried about VR. I know what I'm doing wrong, but it's like I just can't seem to improve....My scores range anywhere from a 6-10 and if graphed would look like an EKG. lol.

Something that helped me was to quickly, mentally justify my answers as if I was defending them from a critic. "Well, I think it's B because passage says XYZ and B seems to support X and Y, whereas the other 3 don't support the passage as much." It's worked well.

Also, extreme answers ("The author feels disgusted about ABC...") tend to be wrong more often than not, and can help limit your choices.

Something that helped me was to quickly, mentally justify my answers as if I was defending them from a critic. "Well, I think it's B because passage says XYZ and B seems to support X and Y, whereas the other 3 don't support the passage as much." It's worked well.

Also, extreme answers ("The author feels disgusted about ABC...") tend to be wrong more often than not, and can help limit your choices.

Awesome! I"ll definitely try that out! I'm doing alright with eliminating extreme answers and such, but when I try to mentally justify the answer, there are always two that seem to be "correct". I think my biggest problem is overanalyzing and inferring too much than what should be inferred. :-/

I've exhausted TPRH and EK101 passages, I feel like though the passages on AAMC3 were easier to read, the answer choices and the way they were worded mirrored EK the most. IMHO. Guess i'll have to find some more passages to practice these strategies on.

Good luck to everyone else! Hope your hard work is paying off! 31 days! :xf:

Does anyone know how reliable the TBR CBT scores are? I know that the aamc FLs are the best score predictors, but I was curious about the tbr ones. I took aamc 3 a few days ago as my first full length and today I took TBR #1 and scored 3 points higher. Anyone have any thoughts?

Does anyone know how reliable the TBR CBT scores are? I know that the aamc FLs are the best score predictors, but I was curious about the tbr ones. I took aamc 3 a few days ago as my first full length and today I took TBR #1 and scored 3 points higher. Anyone have any thoughts?
I've heard the prep course CBTs tend to have a nicer curve than the AAMC ones. That being said I have also seen that AAMC #3 is supposed to be one of the "easier" practice tests, so maybe it might have a harsher scaling overall.

Hi everyone, I am also joining this thread and will be applying this cycle, I am using the Gold Standard and I found that the DVD's are really helpful in understanding the concepts along with the textbook. Taking my practice exam this Saturday to see were I am at. My weak spots are physics and Verbal! For verbal I have been using EK, but I still find my self lost when I attempt to answer questions. What are you guys doing?

Hi everyone, I am also joining this thread and will be applying this cycle, I am using the Gold Standard and I found that the DVD's are really helpful in understanding the concepts along with the textbook. Taking my practice exam this Saturday to see were I am at. My weak spots are physics and Verbal! For verbal I have been using EK, but I still find my self lost when I attempt to answer questions. What are you guys doing?

Verbal has been a real struggle for me as well! I seem to be doing better now, but I feel that I can get unlucky or not focus and bomb it at any time. I honestly don't really have a strategy. I just focus on the passage and try not to over-think the questions. You should be able to improve your physics over the next month! Is it specific topics getting you?

Transplant from the 6/21 thread, might be retaking on this day.

Are you all applying this cycle?

Hopefully you won't need to retake! When do you get your scores from the 6/21 test?

I've heard the prep course CBTs tend to have a nicer curve than the AAMC ones. That being said I have also seen that AAMC #3 is supposed to be one of the "easier" practice tests, so maybe it might have a harsher scaling overall.

Thanks for your response! I've read mixed opinions about the TBR cbt scores. It seems like a lot of people say that even with the lenient curve people still score lower on tbr than the aamcs. Let's hope so! That would be great if my aamcs jumped up after I finish the tbrs :xf:

How are those of you that have started doing FLs doing? So far I've done AAMC 3 and TBR 1 & 2. I'm not too worried about PS, but VR is a total coin flip for me. BS as well.. I've been doing way better than expected with bio, but TBR #2 just hit me with a ton of my bio weaknesses (pretty much anything physio related). Well so far I've gotten:

AAMC 3 (July 13th): (PS 11, VR 11, BS 10) 32
TBR 1 (July 16th): (PS 12, VR 11, BS 12) 35
TBR 2 (July 19th): (PS 13, VR 9, BS 11) 33

Hopefully I can work on keeping my VR consistently 10+. I really, really dislike TBR verbal. It seems ridiculously hard! The scale is so ridiculously curved to make up for it that I really don't think the score means much. Should I not dwell on my TBR VR scores too much and just focus on the AAMC VR scores once I take more?

How are those of you that have started doing FLs doing? So far I've done AAMC 3 and TBR 1 & 2. I'm not too worried about PS, but VR is a total coin flip for me. BS as well.. I've been doing way better than expected with bio, but TBR #2 just hit me with a ton of my bio weaknesses (pretty much anything physio related). Well so far I've gotten:

AAMC 3 (July 13th): (PS 11, VR 11, BS 10) 32
TBR 1 (July 16th): (PS 12, VR 11, BS 12) 35
TBR 2 (July 19th): (PS 13, VR 9, BS 11) 33

Hopefully I can work on keeping my VR consistently 10+. I really, really dislike TBR verbal. It seems ridiculously hard! The scale is so ridiculously curved to make up for it that I really don't think the score means much. Should I not dwell on my TBR VR scores too much and just focus on the AAMC VR scores once I take more?

Wow! Those are great scores. I'm going to do AAMC 3 this Sunday and do one every 3-4 days for the remaining days we have left. At this point I'm starting to feel extremely burnt out and unmotivated... but I really don't think I can afford to take a day off. Anyone have any advice for how to get that motivation back? :(

Wow! Those are great scores. I'm going to do AAMC 3 this Sunday and do one every 3-4 days for the remaining days we have left. At this point I'm starting to feel extremely burnt out and unmotivated... but I really don't think I can afford to take a day off. Anyone have any advice for how to get that motivation back? :(

1) Read this thread: http://forums.sdn.net/showthread.php?t=933486

2) Realize you have about 4 weeks left until the exam

Personally I find anxiety is an exceptionally great motivator.

I'm honestly starting to get lazy too. Other than doing FLs and reviewing them I haven't been doing much other studying since finishing content

1) Read this thread: http://forums.sdn.net/showthread.php?t=933486

2) Realize you have about 4 weeks left until the exam

Personally I find anxiety is an exceptionally great motivator.

You have a good point! The fact that we only have 4 weeks left is starting to hit me!

ditto. I feel exactly the same way. Thinking about taking a day off stresses me out even more haha. Anyway as for tips...man, it's been a mind game that's for sure. Honestly, I'm faking it till i'm making it...and by that I keep telling myself that I'm gonna score above a 34..but in order to do that I gotta work my ass off. Another thing that I keep telling myself is that my goal of scoring above a 34 isn't to show other people how "smart" I am or to impress med school adcoms...rather, it's a representation of my hard work and persistence. I think of the end result (getting a great score and becoming the best doctor I can be) and that tends to at least get me through another couple hours of studying before I have to give myself the speech again. Finding the inner self-motivation is tough...but we gotta keep at it. Ask yourself why you want/need a good score.

Anyway, that's just my perspective. These next few weeks will fly by and when the test comes I want to say that from this point and on, I've given it everything I've got.

“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”
-Viktro Frankl, Man's Search For Meaning

I'm with y'all, feeling some strong burnout on this end as well. Might have to take a couple days off, but I fear that may not be the best idea...

I'm with y'all, feeling some strong burnout on this end as well. Might have to take a couple days off, but I fear that may not be the best idea...

Don't take any days off at this point - give your self some lighter days, but keep priming the mind.

PS - props on the frankie four fingers avatar

I just finished TBR #3 and I'm extremely nervous about VR now...

TBR 3: (PS: 13, VR: 7, BS: 11)

I got an 11 for verbal on AAMC 3.. but TBR verbal just kills me for some reason. Would it be a good idea to sub in EK 101 for the rest of my TBR tests?

I just finished TBR #3 and I'm extremely nervous about VR now...

TBR 3: (PS: 13, VR: 7, BS: 11)

I got an 11 for verbal on AAMC 3.. but TBR verbal just kills me for some reason. Would it be a good idea to sub in EK 101 for the rest of my TBR tests?

Did you use the CBT test or the paper test? I have the paper test that's why.

When you just can't seem to crack a concept, even after reading the explanations for questions in whatever book you may be using - anyone ever feel like this?

http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/352ns2/

ahahaha...

anyway...took TBR1 today... PS/VR/BS (9/11/9) -->29

gah. scores have flippy-flopped from aamc3...and this CBT is supposed to be TBR's easiest...:thumbdown:

I could make excuses for the low PS/BS scores, but that's not gonna help...

Gonna review PS and BS now...VR is a surprise, although the curve is definitely more lenient with TBR...but still...scoring a 6 on aamc to an 11 on this CBT was nice to see...however, my sciences scores were :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:. Hopefully the mistakes there were careless ones and not due to too much content deficit.

Anyway...gotta go HAM for the next 24 days:xf:

How is everyone else doing with their prep?

How is everyone else doing with their prep?

I've been focusing most heavily on chemistry and physics for the past month since that's where my glaring weakness is. It looks like it's starting to pay off since I'm back up to an average of 12 on PS (got stuck in a 10 PS rut for awhile there). I'm still not terribly confident in my PS ability though. On the other hand, I'm feeling pretty good about BS. I have an easy time with it, and even when I think I bombed an orgo passage I still end up getting almost every question right. Also, it was nice to see a 13 VR on my last AAMC, I hope that keeps up :D

All in all I want a 34-36 on my exam and my last four practice tests have been 36, 35, 33, and 36 (the first three being Kaplan #2-4, the last one being AAMC #8) so it's starting to actually look realistic now whereas back when I delayed my test in June my average was 33. I'm not getting cocky though, last time I scored a 36 on an AAMC my average went back down to a steady 33.