*** The Official ASDOH Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Yes I got the email as well and I do not have facebook so i couldnt access the page. anyone else get that email?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys...quick question for you.....did those of you who received the "mistake email" from Azra also get the "still under consideration" email after your interview?

hey guys...quick question for you.....did those of you who received the "mistake email" from Azra also get the "still under consideration" email after your interview?

Yep.. I did receive the still under consideration e-mail

Members don't see this ad :)
i received the still under consideration email but didn't get the mistake email...

same here...i received the under consideration email, but not the mistake one....i hope that isn't a sign meaning a rejection...

I didn't get the "mistake email" either, but I'm not worried. I felt like I did well on the interview, so I'm sure it isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. The only real acceptance/rejection comes on or after December 2nd. Keep your head up!

I didn't get the "mistake email" either, but I'm not worried. I felt like I did well on the interview, so I'm sure it isn't as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be. The only real acceptance/rejection comes on or after December 2nd. Keep your head up!

Thank you so much...I needed that positive reinforcement....I loved ASDOH and am hoping for an acceptance there on Monday. Fingers crossed....Good luck to everyone :)

Any acceptances?? And which acceptances got the "mistake email"??

Any acceptances?? And which acceptances got the "mistake email"??

I know of one who's in and got that email. I really think the email is a legit indicator.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a waitlist going to be generated for ASDOH or do we call and ask about our status?

"Mistake" email my foot...

Just kidding! xD

Congratulations to all of those accepted! I interviewed in October, did not get the "mistake" email, and did not get any form of contact today from the school.

"Mistake" email my foot...

Just kidding! xD

Congratulations to all of those accepted! I interviewed in October, did not get the "mistake" email, and did not get any form of contact today from the school.

I'd wait at least a day or two, but you can call/email and ask your status. Otherwise, I'm not sure they will notify you any time soon. So if it comes time to pay deposits, ask and they'll tell. My answer: "pretty slim" chance. Pretty straightforward.

From what I remember based on previous cycles, there are at least two waitlists: 1 high rank (which seems to really move) and 1 low rank (the slim chance party). So, either "we like you and there aren't enough seats....yet" or "you sucked, but not so bad that we are outright rejecting you...yet".

So now I'm in a bind. I have an interview next Tuesday at ASDOH. I did get into BU but it is sooo expensive I was still going to try to go to ASDOH. Do you think it's worth it considering they gave out many acceptances today? Also I have to pay my deposit by 1/3/14 do you think there is anyway I'll find out from ASDOH before then?

So now I'm in a bind. I have an interview next Tuesday at ASDOH. I did get into BU but it is sooo expensive I was still going to try to go to ASDOH. Do you think it's worth it considering they gave out many acceptances today? Also I have to pay my deposit by 1/3/14 do you think there is anyway I'll find out from ASDOH before then?
I don't think that chances are high for ASDOH. When I interviewed there, I was told that they offer 50 acceptances today, so they have about 20 or so spots left. I don't know what the chances are for post-December, but I know for sure that pre-December chances are 1/5. So chances now are probably less. They do have a waitlist that gets formed after all acceptances are handed out. And jeffity was right - they still have 2 waiting lists.

I was also told that their committee meets once a month (don't know if they meet more after Dec. 2), so you might not even hear before you have to pay your deposit for BU.

That's just what I know. If someone else has better information or wants to correct me, feel free!

I don't think that chances are high for ASDOH. When I interviewed there, I was told that they offer 50 acceptances today, so they have about 20 or so spots left. I don't know what the chances are for post-December, but I know for sure that pre-December chances are 1/5. So chances now are probably less. They do have a waitlist that gets formed after all acceptances are handed out. And jeffity was right - they still have 2 waiting lists.

I was also told that their committee meets once a month (don't know if they meet more after Dec. 2), so you might not even hear before you have to pay your deposit for BU.

That's just what I know. If someone else has better information or wants to correct me, feel free!

Thank you! I'm just going to call tomorrow. They may or may not give me any helpful information. It they can't tell me I'll just have to decline the interview.

For those of us not accepted but interviewed, did anyone attempt to interact with the school (e-mail, phone, etc.) to see what the story is?

For those of us not accepted but interviewed, did anyone attempt to interact with the school (e-mail, phone, etc.) to see what the story is?

I called and left a message, just waiting /:

I got the "mistake" email and an acceptance Monday! This was my third try so I couldn't be happier!!

Reactions: 1 user
I got in with the "mistake email". they called me Monday morning congrats to all !!

Has anyone that interviewed pre-Dec but didn't get accepted hear anything from them yet?

Other than the holiday e-card.

Last edited:
Has anyone that interviewed pre-Dec but didn't get accepted hear anything from them yet?

Other than the holiday e-card.

I emailed Azra and she just told me that I was still being considered and that they would be making more acceptances in January.

Thanks for the update!
I emailed Azra and she just told me that I was still being considered and that they would be making more acceptances in January.

hey guys, did everyone get the holiday e-card from AZ admissions on friday?

Yeah, I got it. Thought it was a nice gesture!!

Did any one that interviewed after dec 2 get the email that says your still being considered?

Did any one that interviewed after dec 2 get the email that says your still being considered?
Yea, they sent me an email during the last hour of the interview saying that I am still being considered. I think they send everyone that though, right?

hey guys, did everyone get the holiday e-card from AZ admissions on friday?
Definitely got that a few times, actually! Really nice of them to put something together and send us, although my heart dropped every time I saw an email from them. I was told at my Dec. 12 interview that they would let us know by mid-January. It has been THE longest month of my life... :xf:

has anyone called/emailed about their status? i sent an em early dec but haven't received a reply ye

Accepted today. Interviewed pre-dec. Never received the mistake email. Couldn't be happier.. 3rd times the charm.

Accepted today. Interviewed pre-dec. Never received the mistake email. Couldn't be happier.. 3rd times the charm.

Hard work and persistence pays off I'm sure! Congrats!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I received a phone call at 9:30 AM PST. I was still sleeping and couldn't believe it. Followed up by the email.

As someone who has interviewed at ASDOH 3 times, I can honestly tell you that the interview has gone from very intimidating to a relaxed conversation. I was rejected 2 times prior due to my nerves (I believe).. so the best single piece of advice I can give you is to go in there and not seem anxious or nervous. Go talk to them, tell them why ASDOH specifically, and how you exemplify what they are looking for in their students. Good luck!!!!

Does Anyone know who to contact for information? I think Ms. Baab is on maternity leave.

Does Anyone know who to contact for information? I think Ms. Baab is on maternity leave.

I called yesterday. Committee is meeting in two weeks. If that is your question.

received interview invite today, accepted for 1/21

I got a rejection letter in october, and I drove down (from Utah) to meet with the admissions counselor to find out why. I also wanted to see how I could be a better applicant going forward. Got an email last week with an interview invite, and now I have my interview scheduled this week. Very surprised, but certainly couldnt be happier. ASDOH is definitely where I want to be. I will post updates following my interview.

Also, it was my understanding (from a current student who gives the tours) that they admit 40 in Dec and they fill the remaining vacancies up until April. Hope this means I still have a chance!