The Official August 15, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axa5780

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'am signed up for this date. I didn't find a thread for August 15th, so here it is. Let's make this a fun experience, and hope we all come out the other end satisfied with our score.

Materials:
PS: BR Physics, NOVA Physics, BR Chemistry, EK 1001 Chem & Phys
BS: EK Biology, BR Biology, EK 1001 Biol
Verbal: EK 101, TPR Verbal

Extras: TPRH SW, WIkiPremed Flashcards & videos. All AAMC FL plus all Kaplan FL.

Lets do this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
July 24 MCATer here. I got my score at around 2:30 pm eastern so yeah they sometimes release them early. Good luck to everyone :D

Im just curious but how did you do?

aamc 3-11 average was 25.5
aamc 8-11 average was 26
Post test thoughts were that I got no higher than a 25. 25 if I was lucky.

Ended up with a 29. (8,11,10)

Not a great score, but good enough for where I want to go. :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know that we are all really competitive people and there are only so many spots available for us to fight over, but I sincerely hope you all did well. I wouldn't even wish a bad score on my worst enemy. I know how much this test sucks, so lets just hope every single one of us gets above and beyond what we hope for.
You are the best. I agree wholeheartedly!

I don't think I did this earlier, so here I go:

AAMC Avg. 3-11: 33 (11, 10, 11.6)
AAMC Avg. 8-10: 33.7 (11.7, 11, 11)
Predicted score: 28-30

I felt like the whole test was a time crunch which was a bit different from all of the practice tests I had taken previously. I never ran out of time, but I did only have a couple minutes to go back and look at the ones I wasn't sure about. I left the test just feeling drained. Not horrible or good. Just drained. The only thing that really irked me about the test were the oddly specific bio discrete questions. I decided, for some stupid reason, to change my answer in the last 3 seconds and before I could change it back, the time expired. I was kicking myself a little, but I let it go. At this point, I have no inkling on how it went, so here I am just apprehensively doing homework. Yippee.

I don't think I did this earlier, so here I go:

AAMC Avg. 3-11: 33 (11, 10, 11.6)
AAMC Avg. 8-10: 33.7 (11.7, 11, 11)
Predicted score: 28-30

I felt like the whole test was a time crunch which was a bit different from all of the practice tests I had taken previously. I never ran out of time, but I did only have a couple minutes to go back and look at the ones I wasn't sure about. I left the test just feeling drained. Not horrible or good. Just drained. The only thing that really irked me about the test were the oddly specific bio discrete questions. I decided, for some stupid reason, to change my answer in the last 3 seconds and before I could change it back, the time expired. I was kicking myself a little, but I let it go. At this point, I have no inkling on how it went, so here I am just apprehensively doing homework. Yippee.

Your practice test averages were pretty high, so stay positive! I'm hoping there's a big curve for all of us

21 hours guys, we are almost there.
This is my prediction:
Range: 26-30
aamc 4-10 avg : 26.7 (8,8, 10)
aamc 8-10: 27 (9, 8, 10)
Prediction 21- 31

My averages were low, however whenever I reviewed the questions I got wrong, it wasn't due to my lack of knowledge it was because I wasn't reading the questions carefully. I had a crazy summer. I was taking organic chemistry 1&2 plus working full time 40 hours and preparing for the MCAT. My organic classes ended on july 25th and I took the MCAT august 15th. I know am capable of scoring over 30 after taking the aug 15th mcat I felt like I got a total score of <20.

aamc 3-11 average was 25.5
aamc 8-11 average was 26
Post test thoughts were that I got no higher than a 25. 25 if I was lucky.

Ended up with a 29. (8,11,10)

Not a great score, but good enough for where I want to go. :thumbup:

I would be okay with a 29 too

I averaged 35.5 last 4 aamc.. I'll be satisfied with a 34, happy with a 36, ecstatic with a 37, 38... i thought bio was really hard.. physics wasn't too bad but usually gut feelings don't coincide with actual performance.. heres to waiting guys.

Good luck everyone!! I truly hope you all get amazing scores :) I took my exam on Sept 4th and have to wait 20+ days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just me or does is seem really easy to imagine a score of 8/8/8 right about now :( ha

Reactions: 1 users
I can't believe i'm doing this but here it goes:
AAMC Average: 30 (11/9/10)
MCAT Prediction: 9/9/9

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ok guys so I guess I am posting my predictions as well.
My average for the AAMC tests was 29-30.
I thought the PS was very hard. This was the first time I ran out of time in the PS section. :(
I wrote the MCAT last summer with a 28. This mcat was a bit better so i guess maybe I will have a 30. But I'm really hoping for a 34. (Not very probable but anything less is a rewrite to get in for me).

Highest practice test score: 33
Average aamc's: 28-29
Score on July 21st: (7/8/7)

This is my second time taking, hopefully I'll get 29+. Good luck to all.

Hoping and praying for at least a 30. Otherwise I will have to retake.
AAMC Average: 30
My BS scores trended upwards on the later AAMC tests (12, 13), while my PS strangely dropped to only a 9 on AAMC 10 and 11. (Beforehand it was always 10+). VR has always been tricky for me (avg~9), which is weird because back in the day when I took the SAT, critical reading was one of my strengths.
Prediction: 30-31
I thought the PS was hard, but VR seemed easier. Yet again, I could have fallen for their traps.

how are you guys going to look? slowly or all at once? is the total last? it'll be hard to view the score, i think

I'm starting retail therapy... right now. In anticipation for the score
If it's good, I get a treat.
If it's ****, then I get a consolation prize.
It all works out guys

how are you guys going to look? slowly or all at once? is the total last? it'll be hard to view the score, i think
Slowly, probably cover up the whole screen and look at verbal reasoning, then physics, then biology, and then the final total ha

"As he logged in, he checked in the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once." -The Fault in Our MCAT Scores

Reactions: 5 users
5 pm is also just cherry on the cake, "lol as if we didn't make them wait long enough, let them live in agony throughout their entire day!"

359meqp.png

Join me my brothers and sister ... My current mood.

Reactions: 5 users
Remember, the night is darkest before the dawn! I like many of you feel like i scored super low, but have faith!

Wow can't believe it's today. Either I end my mcat journey today, or I resume it today.

Reactions: 4 users
Ya....haven't slept in more than 24 hours now, and have a full day of genetics lab, genetics lecture, work in my lab and a biochem lecture. Oh and get to sit in agony waiting for the scores to be released......you could say I'm a little stressed.

I've been creeping this thread for quite a while now so thought I'd post my comments about the test while I wait for the clock to slowly reach 5pm...
Predictions:
PS 8-10 So physics heavy and conceptual. I usually rely on chem to balance out my PS; here's to a lenient scale
VR: 10-12 I averaged around 10-11 on most AAMC practice tests and EK. Passages were long but overall not too bad
BS: 10-13 I think I got lucky with this section, I was pretty familiar with all the topics they tested but the orgo was hard.
Total 29-35
I actually need a 10 11 12 to apply to all the schools I want.
Will be ecstatic about 10 11 12, will faint with anything higher than 34 or anything lower than 30...
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

I'm actually pretty happy that I have a bunch of classes and homework today to help keep my mind off of this stupid thing.

I have a class Im teaching during release (biology TA), you better believe the class will be getting interrupted lol

this wait is awful. can't study any of my smp courses until i get my score. hope its released around 3 pm..

well might as well do this now.

AAMC average: 36
average for AAMC 8,9,10,11: 38

Prediction: 36

Good luck everybody!