The Official August 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vsantav

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Registration opens up sometime today so I thought I'd go ahead and make this thread. Anyone else taking it in August?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a senior, but most of the upper div classes you can take either jr or senior year. My schedule got a little screwy so I ended up taking 400 level classes (pchem and biochem) junior year, and 300 level classes (achem and cell bio) senior year.

Sweet. Hard ****'s out of the way. Now you can be lazy.

tumblr_m5bjwhKGHk1qhy6c9o4_400.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Whine alert

I spent all of August doing nothing but mcat stuff..and now I have to catch up on everything + school...
I'm volunteering for 17 hours this weekend :arghh:
Have to catch up on my research and school reading too...I also have no money because I almost didn't work all month.

Guys, this whole thing freaking sucks

Whine alert

I spent all of August doing nothing but mcat stuff..and now I have to catch up on everything + school...
I'm volunteering for 17 hours this weekend :arghh:
Have to catch up on my research and school reading too...I also have no money because I almost didn't work all month.

Guys, this whole thing freaking sucks

Rough. I've got only 4 hours. Why are you volunteering 17? I'm in the same boat with school stuff and research. The MCAT kind of ran into the first week of school and I haven't talked to my PI for a while. I'm putting off e-mailing him because I have no spine.

And you know, if you're really that low on cash....:rolleyes:

Bro, I have to do well. It is my third retake and my contract at work is about to expire so I really need this.

Well you know, if you're really that low on cash....:rolleyes:

Rough. I've got only 4 hours. Why are you volunteering 17? I'm in the same boat with school stuff and research. The MCAT kind of ran into the first week of school and I haven't talked to my PI for a while. I'm putting off e-mailing him because I have no spine.

because the program i'm in has me do 32 hours a month, and i've done like 8 or something in August plus a sick day:confused:
we're all damn poor over here. Spent a lot of my earned summer money buying mcat prep books

because the program i'm in has me do 32 hours a month, and i've done like 8 or something in August plus a sick day:confused:
we're all damn poor over here. Spent a lot of my earned summer money buying mcat prep books

Ah I see. I just told my VC I was doing doctor stuff and she was cool with it.

They retain their value pretty well.

What's up guys? How's everyone doing?
At the end of the second week of school. It's actually been kinda hard to get back into the swing of things. I don't feel any different now than just before the exam; in a weird funk. I need a weekend to imbibe as much EtOH as possible, I think.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean I got classes to take for the major, but I take em when I feel like it. There is an advisement apparatus that tells us, "Yeah you should probably take this set of classes this semester," but it's got no de facto enforcement capabilities. I take whatever classes I want on any given semester, provided I'm still moving toward the completion of the degree.

Even if an advisor tells me I have to take a class, I just go

85ea8cb8b88b753985536075ef528975.jpg

There is no real enforcement of any of their bureaucratic rules. They won't kick me out or even freeze my capability to add/drop classes.
Ah yeah makes sense

Hey guys,

How much time did you guys give yourselves for the OG questions? Should I give myself 50mins/section for CARS and 45min for the sciences?

(sorry for re-posting)

Brother, the Cash was spent on going all out on that mcat prep. I spent about 3 times the amount for getting material than my last two attempts combined.
You can't put a price on a good score.

Brother, the Cash was spent on going all out on that mcat prep. I spent about 3 times the amount for getting material than my last two attempts combined.
You can't put a price on a good score.

I think my comment went over both of your heads. Maybe @J Senpai understood it? I feel like we have one of those smartass-kid connections.

Wait no, I thought you were just going to mail me a check :(

Oh well I mean....No. You think I'm much better off or something?

Contemplating prostitution myself.

lol, I thought you were going to say if I was going to ***** off my newly acquired mcat knowledge for money but I guess sex is way better.

Oh hey I mean **** that actually might pay better. But you gotta have a good score.

They straight up pay these guys $100/hr in my area. Problem is the work is kinda....erratic, I guess.

Oh well I mean....No. You think I'm much better off or something?

Contemplating prostitution myself.

Oh hey I mean **** that actually might pay better. But you gotta have a good score.

They straight up pay these guys $100/hr in my area. Problem is the work is kinda....erratic, I guess.
Don't worry man, I think we all got your gist. :D
Also, I still think selling sex is a better deal than that. Though I'm no expert in the logistics of prostitution

Don't worry man, I think we all got your gist. :D
Also, I still think selling sex is a better deal than that. Though I'm no expert in the logistics of prostitution

Seriously? Gosh maybe you have more faith in your looks/abilities than I do. I'm thinking in terms of, if I were a pimp what would I pay my hoes. Probably like $50/hr average. Maybe $100 max and he/she would have to be a straight up drop-dead dime.

Seriously? Gosh maybe you have more faith in your looks/abilities than I do. I'm thinking in terms of, if I were a pimp what would I pay my hoes. Probably like $50/hr average. Maybe $100 max and he/she would have to be a straight up drop-dead dime.
50$/hour just doesn't sound right. Is it something even paid by the hour? Like I said, I have no idea

50$/hour just doesn't sound right. Is it something even paid by the hour? Like I said, I have no idea
I kind of thought prostitution was more of a fee-for-service field?

No no no see it has to be based on time because what if the service takes longer for some than for others? There has to be some way to account for that.

And @Pusheen don't you think prostitutes would be living in mansions and not motels if they made as much as you think?

When preparing for MCAT, I had a CARS passage about pimps and their women - something about the pimps are their lovers, and that many of the women already have babies before going into it. And then a Beyonce passage.

Reactions: 3 users
No no no see it has to be based on time because what if the service takes longer for some than for others? There has to be some way to account for that.

And @Pusheen don't you think prostitutes would be living in mansions and not motels if they made as much as you think?

I do think it's fee for service, and people who engage in prostitution are probably not going save up for a mansion. I'm pretty sure there are some rich high end hookers out there too:laugh:

When preparing for MCAT, I had a CARS passage about pimps and their women - something about the pimps are their lovers, and that many of the women already have babies before going into it. And then a Beyonce passage.

The f*ck kinda prep book are you using??

I do think it's fee for service, and people who engage in prostitution are probably not going save up for a mansion. I'm pretty sure there are some rich high end hookers out there too:laugh:

Yeah I actually think you're right, since a commission model would make the most sense here. Would increase the prostitute's incentive to serve more clients thereby increasing profitability for his/her pimp.

2952388-3rl4og.jpg

The f*ck kinda prep book are you using?

Wow. Where can I find this?!

It's EK101, like Exam 10 or 11! I was thrown when I started reading, but the questions ended up being pretty easy. Did you know a pimp's group of prostitutes was called a "stable"? Cause I sure didn't

ETA: I actually made an imgur post about it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It's EK101, like Exam 10 or 11! I was thrown when I started reading, but the questions ended up being pretty easy. Did you know a pimp's group of prostitutes was called a "stable"? Cause I sure didn't

That's incredible. This made my day lol

So many weird MCAT dreams in the last week. I had one where I found a hidden section in the back of my physics review book that taught a bunch of things that weren't even physically possible

You guys sound stressed.

Currently sleeping soundly.

Though it might just be false confidence. We'll see.

Yup, I remember that passage too, lol.

On that note, I just want to know my score so I can sell all my books. I got New EK, Old Ek set, the 101/1001's series, Audio Osmosis CDs, TPR set, some randoms... I don't have room for stacks of prep books!!
Oh and money...:greedy:

Wow. Where can I find this?!

Yes, EK101. The Queen Bey passage was in a practice test by NS.

I go through these weird periods of confidence as I work on my secondaries, to these periods of pessimism where I don't even think I should bother. This MCAT thing is really getting to me >.<.

Are you putting in your spring classes? I have no idea what I'll be taking so I just didn't add a spring semester. I don't know if this matters or not.