The Official August 21, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LLawliet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome
For those of you who plan on using the SN2ed study schedule, you should be finishing up on gathering prep materials and getting ready to start around mid May.
Who else is with me?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I liked my biochem professor this semester until I found out he's one of the sadists who writes the MCAT. Now I do not like him. I do not like him at all.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah...if they didn't get curved we sure as heck didn't either :(

I'm hoping that's not the case... it seems like the scoring is so variable from test to test that it's not even worth predicting scores anymore

Also, it looks like verbal has really been a big score killer over the last several months...

I'm hoping that's not the case... it seems like the scoring is so variable from test to test that it's not even worth predicting scores anymore

Also, it looks like verbal has really been a big score killer over the last several months...

I think you mean last few decades...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. New to SDN but I've been on this thread just about every day since the exam, and now I'm getting too antsy so I'm joining all of you. I was pretty confident going into the exam. 38.25 Avg on the AAMC FL, but physics kinda kicked my *** and I wasn't really able to gauge difficulty after that. Anyways, wishing everyone the best of luck. Hoping these last few days goes quick and everyone ends up happy with their score!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I'm back. It's been a crazy month. Still have no idea what to expect next week. I'm not sure if I'll be able to motivate myself to study for the MCAT after sacrificing most of my summer already. Good luck and stay strong

anyone hear of somebody who actually attempted the trial section and didn't do well enough to put forth a "good faith effort"? Just curious.

August 15th thread made me glad I switched from the 15th to the 21st, and unspeakably terrified. I was thinking positively until now...

How is everyone holding up......I pray it turns out great... Really holding up.....Most future test dates are filled up....I really wanna apply for this cycle and get into a school........*sighs*

How is everyone holding up......I pray it turns out great... Really holding up.....Most future test dates are filled up....I really wanna apply for this cycle and get into a school........*sighs*

I'm fine now but the anxiety is definitely going to kick in starting Sunday, and I probably won't be able to focus on anything Monday. Also, like a lot of others here I got thrown off quite a bit by the Aug 15 scores so I'm just hoping and praying there's a good curve

I think, at this point, that I can say with certainty that I scored below a 10 in verbal.

Reactions: 3 users
Just thinking loud....What r one's chances of retaking the MCAT exam this year and still apply within this cycle....Should i commence MCAT practice before the results are released?

Just thinking loud....What r one's chances of retaking the MCAT exam this year and still apply within this cycle....Should i commence MCAT practice before the results are released?
I think it would be too late at this point. But I'm not applying this cycle so I don't actually know about the deadlines.

Just got my gift card! I got 47% on the trial section (psychology one) which the email said was the top half of participants. This is super surprising since I've never taken a psychology class and I had NO CLUE what was going on in that section. Ha.

Just got my gift card! I got 47% on the trial section (psychology one) which the email said was the top half of participants. This is super surprising since I've never taken a psychology class and I had NO CLUE what was going on in that section. Ha.

If they purely base these curves for the 2015 MCAT off your results, like 80% is going to end up being 15/15 lol.

If they purely base these curves for the 2015 MCAT off your results, like 80% is going to end up being 15/15 lol.
Ya im not sure how they're going to use these results. I got 75% which they said was in the top quarter. If i only got 75% on the MCAT that'd prolly be like a 9.

I got the giftcard, but it says "You answered 38% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you." Is that weird? I mean, I guessed on all of them because I was so out of it, but do they usually give people a gift card for doing so poorly? My anxty premed head is thinking that the way they determine it is by looking how you did on the actual MCAT and so maybe I did so poorly that this trial section was in line with how I did on the actual MCAT (below average).

I got the giftcard, but it says "You answered 38% of questions correctly on the Trial Section which puts you in the bottom half as compared to others who received the same Trial Section questions as you." Is that weird? I mean, I guessed on all of them because I was so out of it, but do they usually give people a gift card for doing so poorly? My anxty premed head is thinking that the way they determine it is by looking how you did on the actual MCAT and so maybe I did so poorly that this trial section was in line with how I did on the actual MCAT (below average).
Nah I'm guessing the ppl that don't get it prolly spent like five mins just clicking on answers in the trial section and were in the bottom quarter.

I ended up 22% and still got the gift card. Thank you AAMC

Uh this might be a stupid question but where can I check my trial section score/get my gift card? Is it just in an email?

28% on trial section in the bottom half but I did get the gift to Amazon.com!!!!!!!! I hope this is not an indication on how I actually preformed on the MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
38% on the psych/soc trial section, bottom half. Can't say I'm surprised because I guessed on pretty much every question and I haven't taken any of those courses before.

Would have been nice to hit top half/top quarter but I got my Gift Card so screw it lol. What do you guys plan to buy with your $30? I'm thinking of buying a new wallet and a book.